43 coaches online • Server time: 11:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
razmus

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2021 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Da Mighty Slann Necromancer Sloss-tti still way to busy to concern Himself wif mere mortal games right now. Tic, number one toady, fill'n in for now and am here to tell ya Secret League Americas is now recruiting for its 14th season using the Secret League teams envisioned by Garion and company. (Tic patch together information for you for next season!)

The league features hidden treasures to be uncovered in the course of play and/or discord riddles. (Mostly da treasures am found, but just get stolen by teams as the season advances.) We wanna help stunty teams (right stuff preventing tackle and sneaky git = guard on fouls), 'cause us little guys gotta stick together. We am just about having some fun with some crazy teams so we do limit the league to only one roster of any particular race. With over 100 rosters to choose from, this shouldn't be an issue to find something to play.

The finals this season feature have captainmalkor's Sisters of Sigmar squad, [SLA] Purge matched against Azure's Avelorn, Sisters of Speed who were a rookie team at the start of the season. Tic am fully vaccinated, and have number one prime viewing spot under water tower next to score board. Am a little damp, but Tic not mind.

If you yearn for playing some hot sticky blood bowl in the middle of the Amazonian jungle whilst searching for treasure and glory then this league might be the salve for what ails you!

How to apply:

Established SLA coaches from last season: please confirm by posting in this thread if you are in for Season 14, which team you are going to be playing, and which coast you prefer (in case we do a split).

For new coaches that want to join SLA: please post here, stating which team you intend to play. Note that only 1 team of each race is allowed in SLA at any one time (I will list the currently-taken teams in the second post of this thread). You will be starting off in a Lower Tier division, so you won't have to face the higher-TV abominations right away. (You can find more information on the SLA group page, by clicking on the banner at the top of this post).

Season 14 as soon as we have a good number of teams ready and willing to play which should be sometime in the first half of July.

As Sloss-ti always says: "Join the god🦆 league, or the pygmy gets it! Ribbit!" ;-P Tic say, "Haz you seen all da freaking cicadas? Dey am land shrimps and much tastier than them pygmies."
razmus

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2021 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams lined up so far for Season 14
Format is Teamname (Roster) - Coach - Current Team Weight - East or West Timezone (or either)

Returning
SL Shogun (Northern Nippon) - MrNomad - 2580k -
[SL] Kharry On (Khorne) - EnglishJake - 2340k - Either
[SL] Shadow Horde (Clan Eshin) - Kzarik - 1770k -
Mo's Missiles (Kislev) - motay666 - 1720k - Either
Of Coral and Shells (Sea Elf) - Xelron - 1670k - Either
Les Demons des Caribes (Hung) - GotrekSlayer - 1590k -
Monks of Gangren Abbey (Clan Pestilens) - King_Mad - 1570k
Montreal Casnakiennez (Snakemen) - knine - 1430k - Either
Embers of Aqshy (Elemental - Fire) - Nelphine - 1310k - East
Secret Shananigans (Halfling) - burnsy87 - 1200k

New Teams
[SL] Da Spiked Club (Kurgan) - razmus - 1190k - East
Octopath Travellers (Albion) - Uber - 1000k - East
Ellyrion Wild Hunt (Kurnous) - PraiseTheOmnissiah - 1000k - East
Dripping Fang Clan (Forest Goblins) - Sigmar1 - 990k - West
Hangman's anger (Pirates of Sartosa) - Ardonite - 980k - West
[SL] Redcoat Capers (Troll) - TheBarmyBrit - 1050k - East
Knights of the Dotted Cube (Bretonnian) - Thresh - - Either
Kindred Union (Sylvania Pact) - captainmalkor - 980k -
Fauna Americana (Were) - SavageJ - 990k - West

Out
Ecstasy and Agony (Daemons of Slaanesh) - Sigmar1 - 2600k
[SLA] Purge (Sisters of Sigmar) - captainmalkor - 2330k
Seekers of Holy Nuffle (Bretonnian) - burnsy87 - 1820k
Sisters of Speed (Avelorn) - Azure - 1800k
Keeping Up (Isha) - Uber - 1650k
(SL) Attack on Titan (Savage Orc) - Rainsford - 1600k
Just Another Snake Cult (Khainite Assassins) - PraiseTheOmnissiah - 1580k
Sequoia Smashers (Giant) - wintergreen13 - 1570k
Khergit Khanate Batallion (Araby) - Thresh - 1490k
Demon Daimyos (Nippon) - Kzarik - 1340k
Pulling Bullocks (Kurgan) - Rhumy - 1280k
{SLA} Rat Tailed Barn Cats (Clan Eshin) - Phontome - 1280k
Minotaur Minutemen (Minotaur) - Jogrenaught - 1270k

Last edited by razmus on Jun 28, 2021 - 20:32; edited 21 times in total
MrNomad

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2021 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

SL Shogun shall be returning after a long absence to reclaim their crown.
Uber

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2021 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

This season I will introduce a new team. Keeping Up with the Kardashians got cancelled and I'm depressed now.

I'd like to lay claim on Albion.

Octopath Travelers (Albion) - Uber - 1000k - East

Last edited by Uber on Jun 14, 2021 - 22:38; edited 1 time in total
motay666

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2021 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be returning with the Missile's! Either time zone, if we get split that way.
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2021 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Summer is going to get a bit hectic, what with vacations and such, so the Sequoia Smashers are going to take a bit of a break, then plan to be back for Season 15 (and revenge)!
razmus

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2021 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

@wintergreen13 - Have a fantastic summer! The bad news is we can't reserve the Giants roster because they haven't played the required three seasons yet. But the good news... I haven't seen a line at the door requesting that roster either. Smile
Ardonite

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2021 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be interested in joining the league, and I'd like to play Pirates of Sartosa.
Rhumy

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2021 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Pulling Bullocks are out
razmus

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2021 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. If Pulling Bullocks are out, I suppose I'll submit [SL] Da Spiked Club as a new team for season fourteen then.
[SL] Da Spiked Club (Kurgan) - razmus - 1190k - East
Xelron

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2021 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Of Coral and Shells will be returning for next season. And they don't care if they play in the Atlantic or Pacific
burnsy87

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2021 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The flings will have another go at causing chaos again... The damn brets are still in celebration of prayer at their treasure they brought back haha
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2021 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
@wintergreen13 - Have a fantastic summer! The bad news is we can't reserve the Giants roster because they haven't played the required three seasons yet. But the good news... I haven't seen a line at the door requesting that roster either. Smile

No worries - if they are snapped up I'll start a new, fresh team again! With so many cool teams to choose from it'll be fun either way Smile
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2021 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, true to my word, E&A are being put to pasture. Although they had a nice run, playing in every Season except #10 (when the Drakwald Gorehorns Beastmen team took their place), they just haven't been as fun to play lately.

So, the fallback plan was the bring the Beastmen back. But, I thought why not start a NEW team? I think its time to try a change of pace. Something a little different. They've got some big shoes to fill, but here's introducing the Sigmar1 successor to E&A...

The Dripping Fang Clan!

That's right. Forest Goblins. West Coast.

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2021 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to join in the league as a new member, with a Troll team. Will make list if I'm allowed in Smile
Also East coat preferred please