45 coaches online • Server time: 18:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Medon

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2021 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The core of Pro elf are the cheap linemen. That’s the only difference to the other elf rosters. You can only use that to your benefit if you have a bench. Check out this highly successful team: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=810199
Relezite

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2021 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The pro elf catcher is misleading. Like any other strong unit, the lack of either dodge or block changes the math around their value at low TV, similar to slann positionals. Meanwhile pro elf linemen are super effective for low TV at their price because they fail agility rolls at half the rate of ag3 players at a lower cost than other ag4 linemen. Low TV play is dominated by the fact that most of the players don't have inbuilt failure reduction mechanics like they do at high TV. Pro elf blitzers, however, are amazing failure reduction players, coming with a skill that lowers block failure and (SS, +AV) to drastically lower the odds of fluke removal.

Catchers don't bring much to low TV play except their increased scoring pressure, but without dodge they are easy to remove. You can skill them fast (16 SPP in 2 games if you're lucky) but this polarizes your team quickly, and you will find giving TDs to anyone else difficult as you start to rely on the developed catcher more and more.

I usually buy my first catcher around 1300, and I never buy a new catcher until all previous catchers have (block, dodge) or (wrestle, dodge). Likewise I don't buy a thrower until the team can support it because I don't like developing a player that isn't deployed on defense until high TV. Though at only +10K, you can treat a thrower like a lineman with pass, teaching it leader and kick, only going into the passer route if it rolls (+ag or strong arm)
Osiris101

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2021 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I ended up rolling with the list as I had it originally, and got lucky with a lot of armour breaks, both for and against, inflicting 5 injuries for only KOs in return.

Yeah, the Catchers really remind of Gutter Runners (but ST3!), and I'm going to skill them up in a similar way I'd do the gutters, with wrestle/strip ball on at least one, and probably wrestle/tackle on the other, with dodge at some point too. I like them for the higher movement, which gives me a bit more positional flexibility on the pitch.

I like having safety style throwers in the same vein, especially with the catcher sweepers so that should a ball come loose I can move it up the field faster and more reliably as well, and yeah, one definitely as a leader caddy.

Thankfully it's mostly agile teams in the league, (2 Slann/Kislev, 2 Skaven, Flings, Gobbos, Lizards, Delves, Woodies) and only a few bashy teams (Ogres, Dwarves, Orcs, Chaos).

Regardless, I'm enjoying the Pro Elves a lot, and I'm definitely going to focus on getting a bench of lineleves and some skilled ones for sure.
Medon

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice! I'm also unexpectedly greatly enjoying pro elves. At a glance they seem like either "slow wood elves without leap" or "weak high elves with low armor" and I had no idea how to play them when I started in my league. But in the end they are super fun to play because it is a highly versatile team that can play lots of different play styles (even fouling!). And once you do get to high TV, the catchers ARE truly amazing (but not at low TV, as Relezite correctly states).
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

the catchers are expensive and vulnerable at the beginning - but they are also really easy to skill - and as soon as they have blodge/wrodge they are worth every penny.

pro elves generally are a high risk/high reward team. If you try to play too conservatively my experience is you just get smashed off the pitch.
 Jump to: