53 coaches online • Server time: 20:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mingoose

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2021 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblins got massive buffs in the new rules imo. Are they enough where they really should be tier 2?

Pick your own skills - I can't think of a team that benefitted more than Gobbos. Picking up block on gobbos, trolls, and fanatics is amazing. Yes you have to wait twice as long for the SPP, but a block troll is easily worth waiting for and re-drafting. HMP bomma without having to cycle for a double? Yes please!

Ooligan - Starts with DP??? Amazing! And only 6 SPP away from DP/SG. HUGE buff.

Bribery and Corruption - Reroll 1s not game changing but nice nonetheless, half price bribes mandatory for Gobbos

I know the challenges with gobbos but imagine rolling into season 2 with two block trolls, a block fanatic, and a DP/SG Ooligan at ~1200 TV. I think skilled coaches will roll with some well developed Gobbo teams.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2021 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblins are tier 3:
https://fumbbl.com/help:BB20GoblinSetUp

so the answer is: no, they are not tier 2.
Skilled coaches will likely stick to top tier 1 teams strong at low TV because they don't need to take the core skills they already have by default.
Chivite

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2021 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

goblin are tier 3 even after the buffs, as they also got some debuffs.
I do think we will see more stunty play in bb2020 as they are all much better than they were compared to bb2016
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2021 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

HMP has been nerfed to effectively be useless.

Doom Diver has been Nerfed.

Random SSP will hurt actually skilling anyone (+ presumably an injured or Dead player could run off with the MVP). Admittedly this applies to all teams but will be worse for teams wanting to skill a few positionals and/or with a high death rate.

Fanatic has lost access to some skills (Grab?)
Azur

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2021 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

And some of their best star players are still missing(Bomber Dribblesnot , Fungus,....)

Definitely tier 3.

Try the Underworld Citizens if you want to coach a tier 1 team disguised in tier 3 Wink
Muff2n

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2021 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Bombs got better (MB, can't really catch them now) and I think the chainsaw did too (not a turnover if you get yourself?)

Not going to alleviate str2 everywhere though.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2021 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle spam is still there (Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs will be very common with BB2020, I guess), and Tackle spam destroys Goblins.
Norse Block spam too.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2021 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Muff2n wrote:
Bombs got better (MB, can't really catch them now) and I think the chainsaw did too (not a turnover if you get yourself?)

Not going to alleviate str2 everywhere though.

Bomb got more dangerous certainly Very Happy

As I understand the new passing rule though a Bomma will now have 1 in 6 fumble plus 1 in 6 wildly inaccurate.

Seems like that bomb could almost as easily hit your team as the opponent.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2021 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

SG on a saw. Run up and foul then run away. No need to stand around and take a beating.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2021 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Now that Trolls can vomit on weak opponents nothing can stop Goblins.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2021 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Their Tier Depends who is playing them ..the same as playing a tier 1 team doesnt equal winning
Trolls getting a crack at a 3+ isn't so terrible
As far as remembering that this game is fun, goblins are pretty high up there

BlockBadger

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2021 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Presently Gobbos are doing the worst out of all the teams in 2021 in the NAF rankings by over 4.5% and the only GW team to be less than 40% at 35%.
I'm sure in league they could and will do better, but I can't see them manage much above 40%.
Snots and halflings are at 47-48% so they are way off where the stunty teams are. Even ogres are at 44%.
Mingoose

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2021 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
HMP has been nerfed to effectively be useless.
?)

Why is it that any time I learn of a FAQ from GW it has made the game worse in some way. They have the reverse Midas touch, everything they do turns this game to shit. We need a new fantasy football game, the ancient and mysterious game of “No Games Workshop”

At any rate, very interesting to hear about early NAF results being so bad. Why would Gobbos be worse than flings? I still think they will shine on the redraft turn though.
tussock

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2021 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

New Gobs are awesome, just bring the pain.

MB Bombs don't end your turn, Chainsaw doesn't end your turn, Troll Vomit doesn't end your turn, and if you bribe the DP foul, it doesn't end your turn. So every turn you get a stack of brutal attacks and then sort of try to cover stuff after so you can do it again next turn. Get like 6x MB/DP/Chainsaw hits a turn, a whole lot of teams just vanish.

And yeah, Dorfs are mean vs stunties, but they're also pretty bad if you can bag a couple of their positionals early on.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2021 - 06:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Mingoose wrote:
Why would Gobbos be worse than flings?

Look up cKnoor's video on YouTube called "BB Super League Season 2 - Week 3 vs Elyod's Haflings".

In short - inducements. Halflings got Master Chef, Deeproot Strongbranch and Morg'n'Thorg.

This means the ability to steal re-rolls from the other team (on top of gaining them yourself) and 4 Mighty Blow players that are difficult to remove but can remove opposing players.

Whereas Goblins have players that are removed when touchdown is scored and are highly prone to self-sabotage. Yes, they are interesting, but also less reliable because of it.
 Jump to: