30 coaches online • Server time: 18:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
argos_72

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2021 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The kick off table event "Officious Ref" in the current BB2020 ruleset is just a light version of "Throw a Rock".

The main difference is that now the selected player does not risk to be injuried seriously, and the risk to be banned (so equivalent to BH or SI from the game perspective) is 1/6 (16,6%)
Otherwise is stunned.

In the previous ruleset trhow a rock caused KO in case 2D6 greater than 8 (41,6%) and CAS in 27,7% of the case.

Is my understanging correct?

Anyway i think something not really necessary to make the game more fun. It is just unnecessary background noise Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2021 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The difference is that you could use automatically the Apo on a KO/BH player hit by a rock, while you can't avoid to be ejected by the Ref.
That means that, for purpose of playing that single game, the Officious Ref is worse, while, long-term, the rock was worse because the player could have been killed or permanently injured.

Last edited by MattDakka on Sep 14, 2021 - 20:07; edited 1 time in total
Xandyreoch

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2021 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer the rock, because i could heal my key player and get them back in the fight, rather than a banned player staying off the whole game. besides, super stars die at the end of the season anyways
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2021 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, my thought exactly.
argos_72

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2021 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Xandyreoch wrote:
I prefer the rock, because i could heal my key player and get them back in the fight, rather than a banned player staying off the whole game. besides, super stars die at the end of the season anyways

yes I agree
from the game perspective "Officious Ref" is worst
even if be banned is only 1/6
But unfortunately you cannot argue.
So it is the usual russian roulette of the Kick Off table that GW designers like so much Crying or Very sad
 Jump to: