40 coaches online • Server time: 13:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2021 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/11/unleash-the-bloodspawn-and-paint-the-astrogranite-red-with-gore/

Cost 160k
MA 5 ST 5+ AG 4+ PA - AV 9+
Claws, Frenzy, Mighty Blow +1, Loner 4+, Unchannelled Fury

Thoughts?

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2021 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Mino with Claws instead of Horns and Thick Skull, for more money. I mean, I guess it's a lot of fun just out the gate and should be able to save up for Block fast if it lives, but it's AV9+ and will probably spend a lot of time in the dugout.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2021 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Mino with Claws instead of Horns and Thick Skull, for more money. I mean, I guess it's a lot of fun just out the gate and should be able to save up for Block fast if it lives, but it's AV9+ and will probably spend a lot of time in the dugout.

I'd probably go Juggernaut with him in tourneys though.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2021 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, what do you know? I finally called one correctly. Now we just need to know what the perk is for being Chosen of Khorne.
stej

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2021 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I see no claws on that model
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2021 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

stej wrote:
I see no claws on that model

that was my first thoughts as well. Seems to have some tiny bone spurs on the hand. Guess you do not need much to count as Claws!
Muff2n

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2021 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought Bob was the vampire.
Ulmar99

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2021 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:

100% true
Kondor

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2021 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:

That is a good way to look at it. On a normal Chaos Team people probably prefer the Troll or Ogre. The question now is if this big guy makes the Khorne squad a better team once the price is considered since he is the only big available to the team.

If you are playing Khorne to gather skulls for the blood god the answer is probably yes.
TrashMouse

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2021 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Muff2n wrote:
I thought Bob was the vampire.

Bob Bifford is the Ogre
Jim is the Vampire
Kondor

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2021 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps I should not pile on GW but I am going to do it anyway. The write up on that particular page is not well done and not very creative.

Come on GW. You can do better than trotting out dismembered arms being used as a weapon. Or saying you should not feel sorry for dead players because they did not forfeit.

A semi-tallented high school kid could have come up with a better write up for the blood beast.
Tesifonte

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2021 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
That is a good way to look at it. On a normal Chaos Team people probably prefer the Troll or Ogre.

Troall, always.

TaChIkOmA! \o/
Grod

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2021 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Question: Is the claw modifier used when you fail an unchannelled fury roll and knock down one of your own players? Similarly, Mighty Blow?

Oscar Wilde
tussock

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2021 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Animal Savagery knocks down your own players, Unchanelled Fury just roars like a traditional mino.

In the Animal case, you do use Claw and MB, as injuries to your players are always at the choice of the other coach, and it's your action so the skills may be activated.