43 coaches online • Server time: 11:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2021 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Could it be left to die peacefully in its sleep?

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2021 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

It and Box are already dead, mate, we're just waiting for our teams back, eh.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2021 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Gamefinder in Competitive = Ranked.
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2021 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

When is Ranked transitioning?

Last edited by KhorneliusPraxx on Oct 19, 2021 - 16:07; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2021 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
It and Box are already dead, mate, we're just waiting for our teams back, eh.

Box is dead. There are still a small number of games played in Ranked each day.

I've retired most of my teams but I've left a few in the hope of a reprieve.

MattDakka wrote:
Gamefinder in Competitive = Ranked.

You could call it Unranked like the old days. Wink

A transfer to [L]eague would be better though. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2021 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

My utopia is Box scheduler-only to arrange games in Competitive, as you know.
Gamefinder and scheduler for all the other divisions.
I like to find a decently balanced match quickly, I'm not interested in an assessing-match-up competition.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2021 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Faction is dead, I don't care any more... Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2021 - 02:58
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
My utopia is Box scheduler-only to arrange games in Competitive, as you know.
Gamefinder and scheduler for all the other divisions.
I like to find a decently balanced match quickly, I'm not interested in an assessing-match-up competition.

THat is an incredibly weird 'utopia';selfish and denies things to others knowingly. It is also provably not utopia as there is no mention of bacon.

You had an entire division, with its own ranking, with no pollution, it was never enough.

But if I will let you sully that vaulted concept to beautify your simple totalitarian desire to force others to game in a way you prefer, i would always counter that my 'utopia' is somewhere everyone derives equal and maximum enjoyment from gaming the way they wish, without feeling the need to impose their personal choices upon others. And there's bacon.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2021 - 05:58 Reply with quote Back to top

KhorneliusPraxx wrote:
When is Ranked transitioning?

Are Ranked and Box the cisgendered Divisions of Blood Bowl?

And which one brings home the Bacon?
Chivite

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2021 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Its hard to argue with bacon...
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2021 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
i would always counter that my 'utopia' is somewhere everyone derives equal and maximum enjoyment from gaming the way they wish, without feeling the need to impose their personal choices upon others.

Automatic scheduling is the right and fair compromise between two coaches' personal and selfish choices.
It removes the picking problem and saves lot of time, thus increasing the number of fair games played.
If people want to pick they can still do it in League.
No problem with that, as long as you don't get CR Gamefinder is ok.

It's not the way I prefer, it's just the most logical and efficient way to arrange matches.
The way I'd prefer, to be accurate, is Cyanide MM, where you spin and find a game within 2-3 minutes, but, since here the number of coaches is lower, I accept to wait for a draw every 15 minutes.
Staring at the GF for hours is really a massive waste of time, also, sometimes I have to do RL stuff and miss the offers or the search stops after a while.
maznaz

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2021 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
PurpleChest wrote:
i would always counter that my 'utopia' is somewhere everyone derives equal and maximum enjoyment from gaming the way they wish, without feeling the need to impose their personal choices upon others.

Automatic scheduling is the right and fair compromise between two coaches' personal and selfish choices.
It removes the picking problem and saves lot of time, thus increasing the number of fair games played.

It's not the way I prefer, it's just the most logical and efficient way to arrange matches.
The way I'd prefer, to be accurate, is Cyanide MM, where you spin and find a game within 2-3 minutes, but, since here the number of coaches is lower, I accept to wait for a draw every 15 minutes.
Staring at the GF for hours is really a massive waste of time, also, sometimes I have to do RL stuff and miss the offers or the search stops after a while.

I agree with your thoughts on a scheduler. The idea of a competitive division where you choose your opponents has always been hilarious to me. You could speed up your time to find matches though by not avoiding my dwarfs for hours at a time Smile
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2021 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
PurpleChest wrote:

It is NOT FAIR because not everyone on FUMBBL can play when there are enough coaches to USE THE SCHEDULER.
There are consecutive HOURS every day when there are not enough coaches available to get in a single game on the scheduler.

Sometimes the only way to play is for 2 Coaches to work out which game they will play. And BOTH have to agree to play it.

So it IS NOT FAIR for everyone to be forced into the Scheduler. It never has been fair to force everyone into the scheduler.

It could reasonably be said that it is MORE "FAIR" to play only against a team you are WILLING to play against than it is to play against a SUPED UP team in a Blind Draw that you wouldn't willingly play.

Look at my Black Bow games played.
I didn't play so many fewer because I didn't like the Box. I played so many fewer because that is ALL I was able to use it.

Also...
I went through a period where I couldn't figure out HOW to beat Necro and Lizards so I CHOSE to accept any fair game against Necro or Lizards until I finally learned what it took to stop getting beat every single time.

You can't DO THAT with the scheduler.
All you can get is more games against the teams being played the most.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2021 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

maznaz wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
PurpleChest wrote:

I agree with your thoughts on a scheduler. The idea of a competitive division where you choose your opponents has always been hilarious to me. You could speed up your time to find matches though by not avoiding my dwarfs for hours at a time Smile

AND CHECK.
Another coach from a European Time Zone who thinks forcing everyone into a format that only RELIABLY WORKS during the primary European Time Zones.

This site has coaches that are from Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Canada, America, and other places who CANNOT get games through the Scheduler because there are not enough other Coaches to play against.

Just because in Europe everyone is AFRAID to play against other Coaches in games they might both enjoy doesn't mean the rest of the world does that exclusively.

You are FREE to have that unrealistic opinion because you do not have to spend hours looking for ANYONE to play. You can put your preferred teams in the scheduler and play right away.

The rest of us CANNOT use the damn thing most of the time.
argos_72

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2021 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

my 2 cents

I like the Competitive and Ranked division (and the Game Finder)
If Ranked will be killed ( so the current Ranked team will not be migrated/merged together with the Competitive) this for me is not a big problem.

for the rest

I like League and Tournements
I like the GF
I like the Test Mode
and I like the Black Box Scheduler (because some time you do not want to pick or be picked and/or you like to play a specific team wathever it takes )

So my wish is that soon all these different choiches will be availale for FUMBBL coaches.

As far as I know today only the Black-Box BB2020 Scheduler is pending, very likely because the migration of all the BB2016 rosters to BB220 is very complicated and require a lot of time.

But the fumbbl developers are great and I am sure they will give us an early Christmas gift and soon there will be the redraft Wink
 Jump to: