45 coaches online • Server time: 20:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2021 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I am sure many will obviously say "DUH GOBBOS"
But is that what is best?

I ask because what I used to do with my ORCS early on was to give the Ball to a Black Orc if my opponent kicked the ball out of bounds (a situation that lets you place the ball with whoever you want, right).
By doing so you could carry the ball with a ST4 Carrier who is more difficult to bring down. Just stick him into the CAGE and walk it down the field.

It makes skilling your BOB's easy... err easier.
And if he gets into a bind there are always plenty of Gobbos to HandOff to who can Dodge and Stunty their way in for a Touchdown.

I am not saying to make a Black Orc a DEDICATED Carrier - although I suppose that could be done if you built it right.
But I am happy to have shared with you another way to SPAM these nasty Teams all over the Competitive Division.

I'm not sure if I will like the Black Orcs Roster very much.
I'm not a Lizards fan even though I prefer Speed-based Teams in almost any kind of game (or at least Average Speed).
But I did like the Simyin teams and all of the GRAB they had on their Gorillas.
So... you never know.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2021 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I know.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2021 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

if a BO is carrying the ball then you are losing its strength for the line, so you will need to be aware that your team might be less bashy in that drive, depending on your opponent that may or may not be a problem.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2021 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Saurus are AG 5+ and Black Orcs are AG 4+, but they're MV 4 Sad

The goblins are AG 3+ and MV 6 and have Dodge. If your carrier gets marked, 1 turn before scoring, I know who I'd want to be carrying the ball

I could see BO carrier if you get a touchback, or if you're against Dwarves as then they can't use Tackle, and need assists
But, against Dwarves you'd want the ST for the brawl..
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2021 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

According to my experience and games I have watched, most of times the ball is carried by a Goblin.
The ball is sometimes handed off to a Black Orc when the team is safely stalling near the End Zone in order to feed him the TD SPPs, but a Black Orc carrying the ball is not the main plan (with the exception of the ball scattering when the Goblin ball carrier is sacked and accidentally being caught by a Black Orc during the drive).
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2021 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

All good reasons to NOT carry the ball with the Black Orcs.
But I am only suggesting a BO carry on a touchback result.

And 5 BO and a Troll is still a lot of ST on the line.
And Gobbos are needed for assists and fouls along the way.
Plus the BO Carrier can Blitz his way downfield at times.

It will be tougher than doing this with ORCS many times.
But I would think the chance to Skill Up Black Orcs early is still a valuable strategy.
And if you are receiving to start a Half... what better time that to score SLOWLY.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2021 - 06:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously, I KNOWS.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2021 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

It's situational but you've made the case for it.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2021 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're only talking about a TB situation why not consider the Troll? I know he has to make a Bonehead roll but you'll not be leaving him stranded on his own anyway...

That said I may be slightly obsessed with Top 25 listings...

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2021 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:
If you're only talking about a TB situation why not consider the Troll? I know he has to make a Bonehead roll but you'll not be leaving him stranded on his own anyway...

That said I may be slightly obsessed with Top 25 listings...

Yeah... Maybe... Why not? It could happen.

The only issue I see is that you would likely have a Troll on the LOS and it would be harder to build that initial Cage.

I don't think it is against the rules to give a Touchback to a player on the LOS... is it?
I know I have never done it. But it seems LEGAL in my memory.

But yeah. Why not?

As for that top 25 list.
Are there SERIOUSLY only 2 Trolls on FUMBBL with SPPS? More like a top 2 List right now.
But if you started doing this you could probably stay on top of that list for as long as that Trill lives (and maybe for a while after it dies).

Scoring a TD every now and then would certainly make him the pace setter for Black Orc Trolls.
Kinks

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2021 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with the gist of what people have said, BO ball carrier is a way of giving them SPPS, but not likely to be optional for winning. Goblins need protecting, ball carriers need protecting, see where I'm going with this?

WHO BLITZES?
I've got a different question though, should you have a gobbo blitzer or perhaps several? BO's are slow, unagile and both their starting skills don't work on blitzes. Also the yare probably best locked with other players, not hanging back. Goblins are faster, pretty agile, but obviously lack ST and cheap G skill access.

Last edited by Kinks on Nov 20, 2021 - 04:04; edited 1 time in total
Kinks

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2021 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps I'm being too narrowminded? Perhaps BO's don't use conventional blitzers? Maybe they work on solid positional play (with grab) and slowly grind down and force openings?

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2021 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:

WHO BLITZES?
I've got a different question though, should you have a gobbo blitzer or perhaps several?

No. Better to skill up BOs for Blocking/Blitzing/Guarding and develop a single Goblin ball carrier (ideally with Sure Hands/Block, Side Step, Sure Feet).
General skills can be randomized at 6 SPPs, if not Block/Sure Hands the Goblin is fired (or you could keep him, but not as ball carrier, if he got either Wrestle or Dirty Player), rinse and repeat until you get at least one of those skills.
Then add Side Step, Sure Feet, Sprint (or save SPPs to get a stat+). The Season length is important factor, with a short Season (7 games, for example) stat+ are harder to get, so it could be better to just take Primary skills. Boring but effective.
 Jump to: