40 coaches online • Server time: 17:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you think such a feature to avoid misclicked dodges would be usefull?
Yes
36%
 36%  [ 26 ]
No
53%
 53%  [ 38 ]
Don't care
9%
 9%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 71

argos_72

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
Ya those do happen, but less often than bad roll that ruins the game ><

I want popup that asks me "did you really, REALLY want to do this ?" after snakes or quad skulls and then i can go back in time and do something else.

here you are mixing apples with pears
A snake because you roll a quad skull is part of the game (even tabletop game). We know this.

If you mean "I can misclick the dialogue box of the reroll: in spite click YES I want to use reroll I click NO". Ok... this is another misclick but little bit more rare (I think I never experienced the misclick to clicK YES/NO in spite NO/YES to a reroll box).

A snake because you do a misclick by dodging in spite blocking with a Mummy is simply an avoidable tragedy.
We can discuss that is technically complicated ok. But in theory if the client will give you "whatever" way to minimize this risk will you reject? Why?
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

argos_72 wrote:
uzkulak wrote:
Sorry, but no. IMO the client holds the player's hand too much as it is. You need to be responsible for your own mistakes.

Agree that it sucks when you misclick, but the solution is to not misclick.

I wouldn't call it a mistake but an accident.

It is also your responsibility to prevent a brick from falling on your head if you work on a construction site.But since you don't go looking for the brick, but it is the brick that falls and looks for you in a sneaky way then you put on your head an helmet. It's not like you're looking for the misclick. The misclick happens by accident. you DO NOT want to move. You want to block. But because HW/SW limitation result is DODGE.

If you translate this into IRL situations Im not sure that argument works too well though. You're driving and press the accelerator rather than the brake "by accident" and crash; you put income as 5000 rather than 50000 "by accident" on your tax return; you "accidentally" add extra peanuts to the guy's order who asks for no nuts because you misheard him.

Accidents result from lack of care. Don't get me wrong, I've misclicked plenty of times in this game and didnt enjoy the experience, but Im also ok with accepting responsibility for making an error - accidentally or not.
Azur

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:

I want popup that asks me "did you really, REALLY want to do this ?" after snakes or quad skulls and then i can go back in time and do something else.

+1.
Definitely +1.

MerryZ for President.
argos_72

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
argos_72 wrote:
uzkulak wrote:
Sorry, but no. IMO the client holds the player's hand too much as it is. You need to be responsible for your own mistakes.

Agree that it sucks when you misclick, but the solution is to not misclick.

I wouldn't call it a mistake but an accident.

It is also your responsibility to prevent a brick from falling on your head if you work on a construction site.But since you don't go looking for the brick, but it is the brick that falls and looks for you in a sneaky way then you put on your head an helmet. It's not like you're looking for the misclick. The misclick happens by accident. you DO NOT want to move. You want to block. But because HW/SW limitation result is DODGE.

If you translate this into IRL situations Im not sure that argument works too well though. You're driving and press the accelerator rather than the brake "by accident" and crash; you put income as 5000 rather than 50000 "by accident" on your tax return; you "accidentally" add extra peanuts to the guy's order who asks for no nuts because you misheard him.

Accidents result from lack of care. Don't get me wrong, I've misclicked plenty of times in this game and didnt enjoy the experience, but Im also ok with accepting responsibility for making an error - accidentally or not.

I am not sure if I am using the correct English term. But I'm fairly certain that the greater the damage caused by an incident, the greater the level of security there should be in a computer system.

This is why, for example, banks implement the Token or Strong authentication system, which perhaps requires a confirmation code when you make a transfer (you make a transfer of 5000 euros on the site, then you get a token on your mobile phone: are you sure you want to make 5000 euros? ).

Unless you play in the stock market where you need speed, but in general, the higher the damage of an accident, the more you need a protection mechanism.

Now a blood bowl game is certainly not like playing the stock market or making bank transfers. You don't lose money. But it's still a game that takes up an hour and a half of your time, you work at it, maybe study at it, watch a lot of games, and prepare (usually). Many people play for fun but it's definitely not a pleasure to waste an hour of your time on a misclick. There are already a lot of snakes in the game because the roll not usefull to add also some more with are not part of the game because in tabletop cannot happen for instance.

The game is made to cause turnover at the slightest mistake. A misclick can be devastating for a game where free mistakes are paid for.

So I go back to my point of origin: why be against a protection mechanism that could reduce these kinds of mistakes, accidents, unintended events call them what you will. It's not good for anyone. The only ones who might be against it are the developers who have to waste their time to develope this . But - at least if you are not a SW developer of FUMBBL, why - as end user- would you be against something that could reduce the risk of losing a game not because of bad luck with the dice but because something stupid and ridiculous happened?

I still did not understand
argos_72

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Azur wrote:
MerryZ wrote:

+1.
Definitely +1.

MerryZ for President.

Azur: You would make an excellent Vice-President

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Azur

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

argos_72 wrote:

Thx, indeed. I'm a natural born power-behind-the-throne leader.
All the money and the ladies for me, all the rersponsabilities and the years of prison for our beloved president.

Vote for both freedom and change. Save the pandas. Vote MerryZ.

MerryZ

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to be The Great Dictator.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Azur wrote:
argos_72 wrote:

Thx, indeed. I'm a natural born power-behind-the-throne leader.
All the money and the ladies for me, all the rersponsabilities and the years of prison for our beloved president.

Vote for both freedom and change. Save the pandas. Vote MerryZ.

You are the best. Strange you are still not a President Legendary Coach with such political Manifest. You will get tons of votes!

Even Berlusconi or Bernard Tapie would pale in front of your magnificent oratory (very useful for the purposes of this discussion btw).
Azur

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

argos_72 wrote:

You are the best. Strange you are still not a President Legendary Coach with such political Manifest. You will get tons of votes!

Even Berlusconi or Bernard Tapie would pale in front of your magnificent oratory (very useful for the purposes of this discussion btw).

MerryZ and I are only SuperStar coaches. And that's precisely why the people will vote for us.
That's why the people MUST vote for us.
For the people, by the people.
Save the Secret League, Stunty lives matter.
Vote MerryZ and Azur.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

argos_72 wrote:

The only reason I see not to implement this is too much effort for the developers which is totally understandable.

If it is optional. But making it optional is yet more work.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

What about an option (like concede) to declare a misclick, but it must be ratified by the opponent before the last action is undone? Just a thought - I'm not massively fussed either way. Unless you are playing a douche I'd have thought that was a possibility.
argos_72

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
argos_72 wrote:

The only reason I see not to implement this is too much effort for the developers which is totally understandable.

If it is optional. But making it optional is yet more work.

Yes optional would be nice. I felt that technically was not so easy.
Maybe we can put in the "nice to have" future features (like the other I discussed already with Candlejack about the blitz action I do not remember anymore where is the post)
argos_72

Post 14 Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
What about an option (like concede) to declare a misclick, but it must be ratified by the opponent before the last action is undone? Just a thought - I'm not massively fussed either way. Unless you are playing a douche I'd have thought that was a possibility.

I did not think about this but definitively sounds a GREAT idea for several reason
1) it is not an automatic dialog box (so not happening every time a 4+ dodge happens, someone can be disturbed by this)

2) usually misclick are very evident: I mean I dodge and I did not want to do, I stop thegame and I ask my opponent if he agree to call for a misclick

3) maybe is easier to implement (it is just a button "misclick" just below "concede" ... naturally you don't have to misclick and press concede! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

We can also add the feature - just to avoid abuse - that can be called once per match

Very very nice... in fact
Medon

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

it’s a good idea

i don’t think the game will be slower as these unlikely actions are not very common so this dialog box will only pop-up once or twice per match
mekutata

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I am too old for misclicking, only happens when drunk.