24 coaches online • Server time: 01:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Thoughts on BB2020 Grashnak?
Good - Worth using
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Bad - Not viable, negatrait makes him too unreliable
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Mediocre - Not good or bad. Situational pick.
28%
 28%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 25

Wolbum

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2021 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:
I am floating between Mediocre and bad; I think it tips over to bad most of the time.

Nothing wrong with the design but I hate big guys with negative traits normally. Cannot see ever taking a star with one when there are so many others with out.

New rules you can spend cash so an extra 20k for Borak seems better 97% of the time.

Yeah, having competing with Lord Borak for 20k more is a bit tight. Not to mention the Minotaur as a Big Guy was already a very, very questionable pick for many so by default having a negatrait feels a bit off.

It's a bit hard though in that, I didn't run a poll on Grashnak before Razz who was 310k, so hard to compare if people thought he was good/bad or meh anyway.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2021 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm looking forward to using him to 4D ball carriers.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2021 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure you can really account for the price cut.....Morg came down by 90k(?) and gained MB+2 in the same move. Griff and Borak came down 40k.

70k down but plus a Negratrait seems a bad deal
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2021 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
I'm looking forward to using him to 4D ball carriers.

Sadly it is capped to 3 dice.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2021 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

No 4D chess for you
Kondor

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2021 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

SideshowBob wrote:
Wolbum wrote:
SideshowBob wrote:
Gored by the bull is cool. 3 dices when blitzing MorgMonster! Sign me up!

It is pretty cool, I can see it being useful during a critical situation or to apply pressure on on a flank. Kind of nice actually in that, you declare a blitz, pass, then announce you're going to use the Gore rule. I am guessing you voted that he was good?

If I can hire him as an anti-Morg unit, I will spend every penny in my treasury Smile

Scyla may also be a good option for 200k.
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2021 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I dislike a loner without block, wrestle or juggernaut even with 3d
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2021 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
SideshowBob wrote:
Wolbum wrote:
SideshowBob wrote:
Gored by the bull is cool. 3 dices when blitzing MorgMonster! Sign me up!

It is pretty cool, I can see it being useful during a critical situation or to apply pressure on on a flank. Kind of nice actually in that, you declare a blitz, pass, then announce you're going to use the Gore rule. I am guessing you voted that he was good?

If I can hire him as an anti-Morg unit, I will spend every penny in my treasury Smile

Scyla may also be a good option for 200k.

Despite the thread being orientated around Grashnak, I think I'd be tempted to give Scyla a go. Claw+Mb+Thick skull and Av10 for 200k isn't bad.
Naama

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2021 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:

He can hit a ST4 target with 4 opposing assists (or a ST5 target with 3 opposing assists) and normally would get negative 2dice but can use the special rule to get positive 1dice?

My take on it is that you add dice to the roll. If you're opponent was going to choose which result to pick he's still going to get that privilege with three dice. Seems errata worthy

Anyways no wild animal was what made Grashnak great. Better off taking a mercenary minotaur if you really want to have one.
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2021 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Wolbum wrote:

Despite the thread being orientated around Grashnak, I think I'd be tempted to give Scyla a go. Claw+Mb+Thick skull and Av10 for 200k isn't bad.

What is a Scyla and where can I get one?
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2021 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

SideshowBob wrote:
Wolbum wrote:

What is a Scyla and where can I get one?

Scyla is one of the new Star Players (he was in 2016 but got buffed) who was originally a Warhammer Fantasy Special Character.

He is a big red angry Chaos Spawn who is loved by Khorne.

You can buy him on Forgeworld.

moph

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2021 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Azur wrote:
Star players are an excellent game element. They have always been an interesting (and exciting!) game changer.
But if they become too affordable AND over-powered, they become a game KILLER.
It's a shame....

compare the prizes of the star player minis with the prizes for a team box. ( i know for most teams a team box is not enough for a decent build.) I assume GW is earning a lot more on these star players. that is probably the reason to make them cheaper in game and more powerful. their other game systems also went in the direction that the characters became more important. and the character minis are the expensive ones. game breaking or not. they got to sell these minis.
James_

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2021 - 03:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Unchanneled fury makes him a never pick.
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2021 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Coffee_Monster wrote:
Unchanneled fury makes him a never pick.

Unfortunate to hear. I am used to having a tantrum throwing minitaur so I suppose that makes it less of an issue for me.
Alien_the_Alien

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2021 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that it's a situational pick (going against a high strength team that isn't too fast, for example ; or being in love with minotaurs).
I would be curious to know why some people think he's just plain good. Even if we ignore the comparison with the much better starplayers you can have for roughly the same price (Borak, Scyla) or much cheaper (Glart, Haklem), Grashnak is just a slightly stronger, slightly faster Minotaur.
Which I guess can make it slightly more reliable (easier to get 3-dice) and more mobile (though you can still base him), but eh. For 240k it's not going to make a difference most of the time.

I guess it's also an ok pick for chaos pact teams because it would likely replace a missing BG. But none of that screams "good starplayer" to me. It's all some minor assets that could be nice, and for 240k there will often be better alternatives.
 Jump to: