69 coaches online • Server time: 21:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RKO

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2021 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Can the ‘Chainsaw Attack’ Special action be performed outside of a player’s activation, such as those provided from the Blitz result on the Kick-off Event table?

If a player with the Chainsaw trait choose to perform a standard Block action,when an opposition player is Knocked Down as the result of this Block action,can the coach add +3 to the Armour roll made against the opposition player?
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2021 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure the second question is no, as you've not started up the chainsaw (e.g. the 2+ to avoid kickback) so it would just be treated as a standard block.

I think there's a list somewhere about skills and when they can/can't be used e.g. with/without tacklezones, and outside of team turns
RKO

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2021 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Pretty sure the second question is no, as you've not started up the chainsaw (e.g. the 2+ to avoid kickback) so it would just be treated as a standard block.

I think there's a list somewhere about skills and when they can/can't be used e.g. with/without tacklezones, and outside of team turns

So,that's a bug in the FFB.....
sebco

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2021 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Q1 : Can the ‘Chainsaw Attack’ Special action be performed outside of a player’s activation, such as those provided from the Blitz result on the Kick-off Event table?

Page 74, "SKILL USE", it's written that players that are standing and have not lost their Tackle Zone can use their Skills or Traits at any time, not just during their own activation. The only exceptions are stated in Skills or Traits descriptions (Dodge for agility tests, Sure Feet...). There's nothing written about that in Chainsaw decription so this Trait can be used at any time, not just during their own activation. During a Blitz result on the Kick-off Event table, that means the Blitz action can be used by a Chainsaw player to perform a 'Chainsaw Attack' Special action.

Q2 :If a player with the Chainsaw trait choose to perform a standard Block action,when an opposition player is Knocked Down as the result of this Block action,can the coach add +3 to the Armour roll made against the opposition player?

In chainsaw Trait description, this is stated that +3 bonus is applied :
-on a Chainsaw Attack Special action (against opponent if 2+ roll succeeds, against Chainsaw player in case of 1)
-if Chainsaw player Falls Over or is Knocked Down
-if an opponent player performs a Block action targeting the Chainsaw player and a Player Down! or a POW! result is appled (if a Both Down result is applied, +3 is added to both Armour rolls)
-if Chainsaw player use their Chainsaw when they perform a Foul action.

FAQ says that a player with the Chainsaw trait can choose to perform a standard Block action but doesn't say there's a +3 and Chainsaw trait description doesnt speak about that standard Block action possibility so according to me, there's no +3 in that case.