30 coaches online • Server time: 02:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
buuface

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2022 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
Give em Fumblerooskie.

this, give the thrower PA+3 and fumblrooskie, keep the runners as they were. Unique thanks to dauntless
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2022 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure Hands on Norse Thrower would be useful. Every Thrower should have default Sure Hands.
Berserkers would be better without Jump Up at a cheaper price, 90k is too much.
sebco

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2022 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Berserkers would be better without Jump Up at a cheaper price, 90k is too much.

Or give them Pile Driver for free. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2022 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

MA7 Berserkers instead of Jump Up would be good. Throwers reimagined as Runners with PA3+, Sure Hands (or Safe Pair maybe, or Fend?), and Fumblerooskie, but no Pass, would be cool. The MA7 Dauntless Runners/Catchers have been called Catchers before, they can be again.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2022 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The rules for Norse in 2020 weren't written that long ago...
I'd happily keep PA 3+ if I can have sure hands on the thrower lol
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2022 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

MisterA wrote:

I'm not sure if a slight reduction of Ulfwereners as the only real change from 10+ old rules really counts as them being written recently.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2022 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

MisterA wrote:

There exists the assumption that teams that were part of the Team of Legends pdf might get updated further at some point.
Partly due no existing minis for GW's official modern line of bb teams.

But it's not unlikely that the new star is just that, a new star.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2022 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the Norse team as is. They're a hard hitting glass cannon and their unique players (jump up beserkers, dauntless catchers, the Ulfs) give them a style of their own.

Tweaking with throwers is one thing but I am against wholesale changes.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2022 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
I like the Norse team as is. They're a hard hitting glass cannon and their unique players (jump up beserkers, dauntless catchers, the Ulfs) give them a style of their own.

I think my biggest issue with Norse zerkers, is that they went from "wow, a non-agility player with access to Jump Up?" when traits were a thing, to now "oh, a slight discount on the skill (which is also worse than it used to be)?" with "wow, good synergy with PO" in-between those two phases. They're almost just a lino now, but with 2 skills and strength access for no discernible discount (you would probably not pick Jump Up a lot of the time).
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2022 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Though those skills and access can look good for one off games, tournaments where you can add one other skill, or short leagues. Strength access is a big thing even for longer term.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2022 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Strength access on Berserkers is useful, what is not nice is paying them 90k due to Jump Up.
They should either lose Jump Up and get cheaper or stay at 90k but with +MA or a better skill than Jump Up.
The underpriced Norse Linemen compensate the Berserker TV bloat, but, even with that, many coaches don't use Berserkers at all.
It would be nice to have each and every player on the roster at the right price, rather than underpriced Linemen and overpriced Berserkers.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2022 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Linos are cheap with block. Though lower armour on your linos can hurt too. And rerolls are more expensive than for Humans.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2022 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to Block spam they tend to use fewer rrs than Humans when blocking and Block gives some passive protection from opponent blocks as well, thus reducing the knock-downs and the Armour rolls. Moreover, the Norse Linemen benefit more from the random General skills than Human Linemen.
Norse are more easily minmaxed than Humans.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2022 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

MiBasse wrote:
ClayInfinity wrote:

I think my biggest issue with Norse zerkers, is that they went from "wow, a non-agility player with access to Jump Up?" when traits were a thing, to now "oh, a slight discount on the skill (which is also worse than it used to be)?" with "wow, good synergy with PO" in-between those two phases. They're almost just a lino now, but with 2 skills and strength access for no discernible discount (you would probably not pick Jump Up a lot of the time).

While true, strenght access is vital for norse. You are a glass cannon and you live and win or die and lose depending on how hard you can hit. Access to Mighty Blow is of paramount importance (considering that even your big guy doesn't have it)

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2022 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Get rid of the beserkers and have 4 ulfwerener instead. All in on the ulf's is the future. Price them back up to compensate or something. Too much like Khorne? Yeah, shame.
 Jump to: