29 coaches online • Server time: 08:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2022 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hej,

tiny things - but that would be nice.

Could the "niggle circle" be changed from red to a different colour? Fine when it is on the blue background, but hard to see red on red on one's own team.

Kick skill - give the square it lands on with kick and the one without kick different shades of grey? Or mark the one that is the "kick" square with a "k" additionally? At the moment it's not clear which is which, visually.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2022 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed on the red circle
For a long time, I didn't even realise that it even means Niggle at all
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2022 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

You could use Shift key + mouse click to mark the niggled players, it helps.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2022 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. But I - personally - find the marking players function too cluttered. I mouse over when I want to know what player is what, and generally that works for me.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2022 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, it's better to see at glance all the players' skills without having to select each player individually. It gives an overall tactical vision and saves time.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2022 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
Could the "niggle circle" be changed

A white or black border of 1-2px would do it.

I've been irked by both of the issues Mnemon mentions as well.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2022 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Actually, it's better to see at glance all the players' skills without having to select each player individually. It gives an overall tactical vision and saves time.

I am a fast enough player, thank you - in that if the other person is quick enough a half can be done in 15 minutes at time. I prefer the cleaner look.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2022 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Never said nor implied you are a slow player. If you prefer the cleaner look, ok, but it's a fact that not having to check every player speeds up the turn and avoids oversights (for example not noticing Diving Tackle, Stand Firm, Shadowing, Side Step and other opponent skills working in your own turn).
I know that because I played with and without marking the skills, playing a turn is easier and faster when the skills are marked on the players.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2022 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I know - but I still prefer it, and rarely overlook them. I check the players while the opponent is doing their stuff and think about what I want to do as they do it. So I don't need to waste much time on my turn. But all that leads this topic very much astray from what it was about Smile.
Christer

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2022 - 16:33
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Both of these issues are reasonable requests (although honestly, I don't fully understand the kick thing; I need to play more). The client currently doesn't use a sprite for the niggling injury icons, but it shouldn't be too hard to draw a white or black outline on them.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2022 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick I'd say is alright, unless you forgot where you clicked to kick on.
Also if you change the red niggle icon my genius plan of using red frames for my player portraits will need to adapt.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2022 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

About the ball sprite: I don't know whether it is related to OP's request, but sometimes the ball sprite is hard to spot when it is on a player at the Kick-Off (due to its transparency).
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2022 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not a huge thing with kick - but if it is a simple change it just makes things that tiny little bit clearer, instantly. I.e. nit-picking on a very high level.
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2022 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm puzzled. Is this kick issue something to do with the new rules?

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2022 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

No. It's just about polishing something already really good. And if it's a load of work ignore it.

At the moment you have two squares that are the same shade. And yes, you know where you kicked, so it's clear it's the one closer to the ball. But it's that bit quicker, and that tiny bit more obvious, visually, if one is a different shade. Or?
 Jump to: