20 coaches online • Server time: 05:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2022 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I know they are not worth the TV but.....

Have any of you guys used it effectively? I am trying it out now and have enjoyed it a bit. 1-1-1 with it so far.

My plan is to try and challenge up at least 100 TV to secure a bribe. Failing that I will use gold to buy a bribe whenever I can.

When I finally get 6 SPP I plan to skill it with pile driver. The DP+2 seems too good to pass up. If you break armor but don't get a removal go with pile driver and use it directly on the injury roll.

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited by Kondor on %b %04, %2022 - %14:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2022 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Sneaky Git!!!!
Kondor

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2022 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Sneaky Git!!!!

But sneaky is only useful if you don't break armor. What self respecting dwarf is going to foul without enough assists to make sure you break armor.

With Pile Driver when you have already broken armor (Thanks to mighty blow) you only have to roll once to see if you are sent off. 1/6 chance to get sent off with a +2 DP. Best chance in the game I think.

Second skill would be SG so you foul away with pile driver even when you did not break armor with your mighty blow block. Or if you are waiting for a secondary skill maybe you go for jump up as your second skill if you plan to pile drive as often as possible.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2022 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

tbh Sneaky Git is my answer to every 'what skill should I take' question at the moment Smile

So yes, Piledriver first (I think it's potentially a decent skill on Pump Wagons for the same reason albeit DP+1).
mekutata

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2022 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Sneaky Git is also useful when you break armour.
It allows you to move the player after fouling.
It's a great skill since the rule update.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2022 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

And you have to remember that, even if you break armor, if you roll a double in armor roll, it goes out of the match... With sneaky git, you avoid getting out of the match in that roll.
Medon

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2022 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The combination of Sneaky Git 2020 and DP+2 fouling is incredibly powerful. I think the deathroller should be used as a fouling monster that removes on average 4-5 players in one drive. When more people find out about these statistics, I am convinced that a deathroller will be standard in all dwarf teams.

The statistics are: With Sneaky Git you can do on average 6 fouls in one drive.
With DP+2 the fouled player is removed on a 6+, i.e. 72% of the time.
So a sneaky git fouling deathroller will remove on average 6 x 72% = 4.3 players per drive.
mayhemzz22

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2022 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

i feel like people sleep on the frenzy roller...

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2022 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Medon wrote:
The combination of Sneaky Git 2020 and DP+2 fouling is incredibly powerful. I think the deathroller should be used as a fouling monster that removes on average 4-5 players in one drive. When more people find out about these statistics, I am convinced that a deathroller will be standard in all dwarf teams.

The statistics are: With Sneaky Git you can do on average 6 fouls in one drive.
With DP+2 the fouled player is removed on a 6+, i.e. 72% of the time.
So a sneaky git fouling deathroller will remove on average 6 x 72% = 4.3 players per drive.

Ok. So Pile Driver and Sneaky Git. Which do you take first? Do you take both?

Again PD when you break armor you only roll for injury if you pile drive.

With SG you foul a player that is already knocked down. You have to roll to break armor and then injury.

If you have both, you block and the PD even if the initial block did not break armor. With DP +2 you have another chance to remove the player.

Not quite sure which way I would skill the player.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2022 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I think if you are dedicated to using DP+2, then I'd take Piledriver first.

1. It's quicker/cheaper to get.
2. You are also utilising S7 MB too
3. Sneaky Git relies on you getting a Ma4 Ag1 lump to the right place to foul

Edit: I might be tempted to go for a Random Strength skill at 3 SSP. Only Arm Bar would be rubbish
Garion26

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2022 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I think random strength is a good idea as well.
You've got stand firm and juggernaught already
You want piledriver, but guard and grab are probably fine as well I think
6 spp is a lot of casualties on a no hands player
Medon

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2022 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes that is a rather difficult problem… in order to get sneaky git you need to acquire 12 spps… not easy if you are only fouling. It won’t succeed within the 15 games redraft limit… so you are right to start with inducing a bribe and 3d blitzing with the deathroller all the time. Hopefully at some point in time you will have enough spps for sneaky git.

(Or, alternatively, hope for the ‘fouling frenzy’ prayer to Nuffle which gives 2spp for every foul casualty)
Jblackmane

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2022 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally i tried this, because i feel the piledriver is a great option, i mean he is going to leave the game at some stage...

However, when he leaves you TV is so impacted, the the other players cannot make up for his departure. Especially if you are keeping team value so low.

He has to make those removals to earn the difference. So many times I saw him leave before the drive was over... Sad and guaranteed to use the bribe to keep him...
Kondor

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2022 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Jblackmane wrote:
Personally i tried this, because i feel the piledriver is a great option, i mean he is going to leave the game at some stage...

However, when he leaves you TV is so impacted, the the other players cannot make up for his departure. Especially if you are keeping team value so low.

He has to make those removals to earn the difference. So many times I saw him leave before the drive was over... Sad and guaranteed to use the bribe to keep him...

I wonder if you want to challenge up 200 TV. Buy two bribes. One for fouling and a second for the end of the first half.
Garion26

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2022 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm trying it as well.
At team creation 2 rerolls, two blitzers, 9 line dwarfs.
One blitzer died game one so it's been quite a challenge

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=1070761

On the other hand it's actually been a lot of fun. This is much worse then normal dwarfs but I am finding it much more fun to play.
 Jump to: