38 coaches online • Server time: 16:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wadedidit

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2022 - 05:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone,

Looking for some way to extract the sounds from the DOS version as the Death sounds are so satisfying!

Can anyone help me?

I’ve googled for days.

I own a CDROM version of the game.
Kinks

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2022 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I loved that game. Sorry, not much help I know, but thanks for reviving the happy memory.

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2022 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I still roll it out once every so often.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2022 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

wadedidit wrote:
Hi everyone,

Looking for some way to extract the sounds from the DOS version as the Death sounds are so satisfying!

Can anyone help me?

I’ve googled for days.

Suggestion: there's some game clips on youtube. Can you dload them as mp3 and then cut the sounds you like?

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2022 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

since its a 1995 game on CD rom there is a good chance the sounds are in a directory somewhere. Start by searching "sounds" on the rom and see what comes up.
darkwing2k6

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2022 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at the CD Roms I have for BB it looks like all the sounds are recorded as a ".wad" file type.

A quick Google search show's there are numerous ways to extract and convert these files. I haven't tried this but it might be a good place to start.
Randobot

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2022 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love a soundboard app with the fumbbl crowd sounds so I could play them during table top! Throw in these 1995 sounds too. Let's find someone who can make this happen!
grant85

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2022 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Randobot wrote:
I would love a soundboard app with the fumbbl crowd sounds so I could play them during table top! Throw in these 1995 sounds too. Let's find someone who can make this happen!

would be amazing
grant85

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2022 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

wadedidit wrote:
Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me?

I’ve googled for days.

I have wonderful memories of playing this game back in my undergrad. I cannot offer any help because I got a comp sci guy down the hall to get it to run for me.
moph

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2022 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

disclaimer: i do not have a copy of the game, so maybe i am wrong.

Listening to the Game on Youtube, i don't think it contains any sound files in form of playable samples. Back then the game sounds where more like scores that told your soundcard (basically a digital synthesizer) what to play when. So you would have to record the output of a running game to capture the sounds as playable soundfiles. So this:
JanMattys wrote:

Suggestion: there's some game clips on youtube. Can you dload them as mp3 and then cut the sounds you like?

should proably be easier.
Lill-Leif

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2022 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

moph wrote:
disclaimer: i do not have a copy of the game, so maybe i am wrong.

Listening to the Game on Youtube, i don't think it contains any sound files in form of playable samples. Back then the game sounds where more like scores that told your soundcard (basically a digital synthesizer) what to play when. So you would have to record the output of a running game to capture the sounds as playable soundfiles. So this:
JanMattys wrote:

should proably be easier.

Try this tool to convert youtubevideos to mp3:

https://ytmp3.cc/uu138cc/

Then, use an audio editor to cut out the sound effects you desire.
Amon242

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2022 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

some quick research shows that .wad are compressed file libraries used to save space, like a .zip - seems this format was developed for DOOM which makes sense considering the time.

I imagine once you unpack the .wad you will find the files in a .wav format tucked in there. I cannot imagine they would use some sort of proprietary sound format, and just use something simple that windows would natively recognize and play to save space and processing power.

Of course I'm not a developer and got rid of my copy years ago so I could be wildly offbase - is there perhaps a .rom out there on maybe some abandon ware site?

Or course the quick dirty and easy way has been suggested, record from Youtube.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2022 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Abandonia
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/275/Blood+Bowl.html
not only can you get the sounds you can replay the old game in dosbox
im hoping the sounds are in a nice folder for you
 Jump to: