35 coaches online • Server time: 13:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2022 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Given what we know about boars, would you consider fielding them? I doubt I’d even field them for free if the take the place of a lineman on the pitch. Why field a strength one piece at the expense of strength 3 with block?
Azur

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2022 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn, Mister Joshua! You've been faster than me!!
Probably due to your archery skills Wink
Azur

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2022 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

the Drunkard trait is really stupid (no pun intended).
Guess who's the slowest race when blizzard blows? the Vikings, of course!!! (4+ GFIs..... really?!?)

Concerning the Boars : maybe a nice addition to your bench for a tournament.... if you don't know how to spend the few gold coins remaining after getting the Hipster Big Foot? (but between the 5+ roll to "pick-me-up" and their very low armour, I'm not sure it's well spend money.)
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2022 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The only real value I can see on the Boars is if they are Dodge, Titchy & Stunty is that they can 'go anywhere' to hunt the perfect space to offer an assist. Gonna be pretty niche though
dizzasterr

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2022 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Tell me something good about Valkyrie Very Happy Weird skills combination - i mean too much in one player. Feels almost schizofrenic - thrower, catcher, ball sacker, c'mon! And with cost of 95K (according to Jip leak) i'm not sure how i feel about her....
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2022 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Quickly get Wrestle on one and you've got an amazing safety (add Tackle and :chef's kiss:). This assumes they will hog early scores.

Block then Dodge on the other to be primary carrier.

Random G on a Lineman gets Sure Hands and they pickup and hand off (maybe).

Wondering if even the Valks go random G to start (it'd only be Frenzy and Kick that would probably be bad)
Garion26

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2022 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
Given what we know about boars, would you consider fielding them? I doubt I’d even field them for free if the take the place of a lineman on the pitch. Why field a strength one piece at the expense of strength 3 with block?

Cheap fouling piece maybe?
That's the argument for a halfling or goblin positional on humans/orcs/OWA
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2022 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The ability to get key players to their feet before your turn starts could be game changing.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2022 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is that it's all on their turn so you have to position the boar in your turn near where you expect them to hit your players. Then they have to be knocked over and not stunned etc. Then it's only a 5+ to see if they stand back up.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2022 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion26 wrote:
Kondor wrote:

Cheap fouling piece maybe?
That's the argument for a halfling or goblin positional on humans/orcs/OWA

Halflings and goblins at least can get a random skill if they catch an MVP. They could even potentially wait and get DP. These boars cannot even skill up until they get an absurd number of SPP and then it is only Agility skills.

I think they are more likely to provide the other team with ham or bacon than help the Norse out.

How about this for a thought to add fun and mayhem. Nearly neutral mayhem.

S3, AG3, M5, AV7.

Moves like ball and chain but S3. Cannot provide assists, cannot be assisted when blocking, cannot foul, cannot skill up, has tackle zones that effect every player on the field including norse. No cost. Placed like swarming players. Does provide the pick-me-up for all norse players. Maybe even let the boar "have hands" in case the ball bounces to them.
Garion26

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2022 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure we have their definitive skill access, but sneaky git is a major win on an agility only access player whose main role is fouling.

I don't think I'd take anything else (general or not) on a strength 1 player.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2022 - 21:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:

They aren’t great, but I think there are potential uses for them:
- cheap fouling is always a use, and they could (eventually) get sneaky git
- they’re a very cheap bench. Playing Snotlings has taught me that no matter how poor the players there is value in having ‘bodies’ and a 2 boar bench for 40k is decent
- they’re so cheap that they let you start with all your positionals and 3 re-rolls (minus Yhetti). This could be great in a league setting, and if you were feeling cheesy you could even fire them after the game and get a journeyman instead.
- there could be a role for one just behind the LoS. Think of it like a ‘fouling goblin’ position but with an extra bennie. It may not come up, but in that hole you’re covering your whole LoS which will usually be at least 3 players on their arse by the end of turn 1 if you’re kicking off.

On balance, they probably won’t see much play, but I’d definitely roster them as the 13th and 14th players. Cheap space fillers

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2022 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Surprising no-one (except maybe Alien_the_Alien) it’s exactly as speculated Very Happy

In what way? Everything I can see matches with what PC posted as the speculation.

Lyracian.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2022 - 13:56
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

That was my point Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Kondor

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2022 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Kondor wrote:

They aren’t great, but I think there are potential uses for them:
- cheap fouling is always a use, and they could (eventually) get sneaky git
- they’re a very cheap bench. Playing Snotlings has taught me that no matter how poor the players there is value in having ‘bodies’ and a 2 boar bench for 40k is decent
- they’re so cheap that they let you start with all your positionals and 3 re-rolls (minus Yhetti). This could be great in a league setting, and if you were feeling cheesy you could even fire them after the game and get a journeyman instead.
- there could be a role for one just behind the LoS. Think of it like a ‘fouling goblin’ position but with an extra bennie. It may not come up, but in that hole you’re covering your whole LoS which will usually be at least 3 players on their arse by the end of turn 1 if you’re kicking off.

On balance, they probably won’t see much play, but I’d definitely roster them as the 13th and 14th players. Cheap space fillers

I could be convinced about taking them as 13th and 14th players.

Once they are on the pitch they become free spp for the taking. Maybe they are beer bait rather than beer boars.
 Jump to: