34 coaches online • Server time: 15:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2022 - 11:55
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

After a fairly extensive period of work, we (me and HimalayaP1C7 have gotten Gamefinder 2.0 to a state where we need more extensive testing done.

There are a number of known issues:
- Teams are not grouped into divisions and leauges
- Matches are allowed between any teams, regardless of divisions and leauges. The only restriction is that you can't match against your own teams
- Player icons are not correct
- Matches are not actually scheduled or started (so feel free to test starting a match)

The intent here is to verify that the system works in principle and get some feedback from you all.

You'll find Gamefinder 2.0 on https://fumbbl.com/p/lfg2
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2022 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Main initial thought its I can't seem to get any visual feedback that the offer I've made has actually gone to someone and/or is still pending....is that because of:

- Matches are not actually scheduled or started (so feel free to test starting a match)
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2022 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Scrap that, seems to be there now. might have been because everyone was too busy playing around for the offer to hold.

I can see it in the Match Offer box now
Christer

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2022 - 13:54
FUMBBL Staff

Updated with some fixes for unresponsive offers.
Azur

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2022 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I just managed to "reach" HimalayaP1C7 a few seconds go.
A central screen showing our VS appeared, with a green "rope" - I clicked on "Start Game".
No response. But, since these VS are not really scheduled, i'd say it works....

Hope it helps anyway! Smile
Azur

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2022 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

same with Mekuta - he received and accepted my offer, then the central screen, and then.... nothing.

@Christer : i sent you 4 or 5 offers - did you get them?
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2022 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I think there is a problem, I watched my offers to Azur count down and disappear, didn’t see any sign they’d accepted.
Azur

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2022 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

@HimalayaP1C7

our 1st VS:
"Good luck, your download should start automatically (but it won't just yet, we're just testing). "

But no launch message with the 2nd one Sad
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2022 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, worked better that time. I’m having trouble clicking the green accept tick button, but I’m on mobile which hasn’t been tested at all really. Must be working for others though. Warning for anyone else, preferably avoid mobile when testing for now.
Azur

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2022 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Christer :
"Good luck, your download should start automatically (but it won't just yet, we're just testing). "

Smile
Azur

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2022 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

twice!!
Azur

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2022 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

.... but no launch with your Tomb Kings....

Same failure against your Big Oof team.
Christer

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2022 - 14:55
FUMBBL Staff

Just as a heads-up, if you want to "chat" directly with other people testing this, it's probably a better idea to be on Discord for that so we don't flood this thread with that type of messages.

A couple of identified issues:
- If an opponent "declines" on the start match dialog, the offer still shows in your "match offers" until it times out. The buttons don't do anything.
- Reloading the page too quickly after the "Match is launching" view will probably cause you to be "disconnected" from the backend without the frontend noticing. Offers will not show in this state.
- If the backend service is restarted (due to a redeploy or a crash), active coaches will also get disconnected in a similar way.

The latter two are things we're looking to fix by having the frontend detect this state and recover (possibly by simply reloading the page for you).

We are also looking at adjusting the team card to include the team name. It's pretty clear that people expect that information on the minicards too.
Xandyreoch

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2022 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The icons on the teams are a little small, is there any way to enlarge that part of the UI?
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2022 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd recommend moving Select All tick box (on the select team screen) to the top so you don't have to scroll down to tick or untick it. Just a small quality of life improvement.