67 coaches online • Server time: 22:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Malarchy

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2022 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all. First time poster. Tried to browse the forums. Ole school BB coach who used to run a significantly House ruled 32 team face to face league in the 00s.

My general question is how much can Fumbbl be house ruled for a private league?

I gather I can completely change the rosters and don't have to be bound by any of the official rules. Which is what I'm after as my approach has never been about BB races but more like the NFL draft (Da Krush).

Is it possible to set up different pitches in line with the various releases for BB2020 and have different home field advantages?

Can I make my own Special Play cards to use? Different balls? Alternate kickoff tables or weather tables?

I'm inspired by the Sevens pitch as I think the game possibly works well if there is no line or scrimmage. Can this system allow for what would be illegal setups under the official rules?

Yes lots of traditional Blood Bowl coaches don't like my approach but it worked for my league during the six years we ran persistent teams back in the day. I'm curious to know whether we might be possible here. Otherwise I'm going to have to learn how to make a Tabletop Simulator version which might take me some time.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2022 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbbl is not equipped to allow custom pitches, play cards, ball, or kick off tables.

In fact it cannot yet run a 7s pitch.

Your asking a lot, and based off what I have seen, you will need a lot of talent to make your own simulator.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2022 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

There exist some attempts to play 7s and other variants on roll 20.
There also exist NFLish Draft leagues on Fumbbl.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2022 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Kondor that's a very clear response. Much appreciated.
Malarchy

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2022 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
There exist some attempts to play 7s and other variants on roll 20.
There also exist NFLish Draft leagues on Fumbbl.

Thanks mekutata. Will check out those ideas.
Java

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2022 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

If you create your own ruleset for your league, you can modify the required number of players on scrimmage (setting it to zero for example)

you can also modify the maximum number of players on the pitch and on the sidelines
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2022 - 00:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Malarchy wrote:
Hi all. First time poster. Tried to browse the forums. Ole school BB coach who used to run a significantly House ruled 32 team face to face league in the 00s.

Hi, welcome to FUMBBL.

Quote:
My general question is how much can Fumbbl be house ruled for a private league?

A lot, but not in every direction.

Quote:
I gather I can completely change the rosters

yes.
Quote:
and don't have to be bound by any of the official rules.

Some of them can be changed, yes.
Quote:
Which is what I'm after as my approach has never been about BB races but more like the NFL draft (Da Krush).

Check out the Draft leagues, and it college level feeder system and draft, and humans with huge skill sets format: https://fumbbl.com/p/group?group=10068&op=view
https://fumbbl.com/p/group?group=10875&op=view

Quote:
Is it possible to set up different pitches in line with the various releases for BB2020 and have different home field advantages?

No, not yet, maybe one day, but not yet.

Quote:
Can I make my own Special Play cards to use? Different balls? Alternate kickoff tables or weather tables?

no, no (but spiked ball is available), no and no.

Quote:
I'm inspired by the Sevens pitch as I think the game possibly works well if there is no line or scrimmage. Can this system allow for what would be illegal setups under the official rules?

Yes, how many players are on the LOS or in wide zones is one of the adjustable parameters on FUMBBL, but pitch size currently isnt.

Quote:
Yes lots of traditional Blood Bowl coaches don't like my approach but it worked for my league during the six years we ran persistent teams back in the day. I'm curious to know whether we might be possible here.

your system sounds awful to me, but the joy of FUMBBL is that doesnt matter, you're welcome here and so is anything you choose to build or do. It isnt possible to do all the things you want, but we might be able to get really really close.

Quote:
.Otherwise I'm going to have to learn how to make a Tabletop Simulator version which might take me some time.

Seems it's down to how exact you wish to replicate what you had before, and what if any, compromises you are willing to make.

plenty of people here will help if you want to give it a go, but if you choose the self build method then go you, maybe the world gets a joyful new BB variant.

Jump to: