47 coaches online • Server time: 11:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2022 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Following on the heels of this post, Gridironman has put together a new league for NA coaches who would like to get some practice games in for upcoming NAF events. We are looking to put together a round robin tournament using the ruleset for Midspring MayHem where coaches can bash their theorycrafted NAF teams together to see just how broken (or broke-down) they are. Bring as many teams as you like, play as little or as much as you want, and maybe even have a fun time to boot Wink

You can find the league itself over HERE and jump on the group Discord by clicking on THIS
Azur

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2022 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

High Elves tier... 4?!?
8 Primary Skills + 1 Secondary Skill for the 2nd most successful race in NAF tournaments....
That's gonna be tough for their opponents!
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2022 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

There are some pretty fantastic build possibilities out there, especially when you start down the path of rostering, say, a +AG +MV goblin pogo for only 60k in skill cost.
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2022 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Azur wrote:
High Elves tier... 4?!?
8 Primary Skills + 1 Secondary Skill for the 2nd most successful race in NAF tournaments....
That's gonna be tough for their opponents!

I am looking to make the rules and tiers more normative if at all possible.

Edit: Tiers now conform to NAF

Last edited by Gridironman on Apr 22, 2022 - 01:26; edited 1 time in total
Garion26

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2022 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it a true round robin tournament or an open play situation where you play as little or as much as you like. I may not be able to commit to the former, but happy to do pick up games. I suspect it's a real round robin situation but it's not clear to me how many rounds we expect (or maybe its based on number of entrants.)

I may be missing it but is gold available specified in the rules set?

Also if feasible at this point I suspect it makes sense to use new norse rules (which come out in 2 days) rather then current rules. That may better reflect future NAF events. May be fixed into the rules set available at time of tournament creation so may not be an option I understand.
Similarly why include Daemons of Khorne aren't they sundowned for NAF purposes?
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2022 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion26 wrote:
Is it a true round robin tournament or an open play situation where you play as little or as much as you like. I may not be able to commit to the former, but happy to do pick up games. I suspect it's a real round robin situation but it's not clear to me how many rounds we expect (or maybe its based on number of entrants.)

I may be missing it but is gold available specified in the rules set?

Here is the rules page https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=15500&op=view

Also if feasible at this point I suspect it makes sense to use new norse rules (which come out in 2 days) rather then current rules. That may better reflect future NAF events. May be fixed into the rules set available at time of tournament creation so may not be an option I understand.
Similarly why include Daemons of Khorne aren't they sundowned for NAF purposes?

Daemons of Khorne have been removed upon reading this post.

I want as much cooperation with actual leagues and will limit the amount of games to two matches per month. It will be open play as it pertains to your ranking. 1 v. 2, 3 v 4 5 v 6 etcetera as it pertains to ranking will be played twice per month.

Gold is standard but subject to change. I want to make these rules as standard as possible but that is a bit too fiddly if we have a large table of players.

I am not promoting this yet but I will help establish a Canadian team, New Zealand team, Australian team and a team Latin America so that more team of threes will compete and the Western hemisphere may hve their own team of three tourneys amongst themselves. I am also in contact with possible British co-commissioners who will help make a team United Kingdom that takes recruitment precedence in conjunction with a team Wales, Scotland and England (to be clear team UK will recruit first from this pool & Northern Irish players will join the smallest of the three other sub teams if they do not have enough FUMBBL coaches). That will be the most complicated league. I must fixate my attention on Team America right now but these are future plans and I plan to hand off all of these discords to a dedicated commissioner. To be clear the United Kingdom already sends strong teams. Australasia and North America + Latin America need more representation first.

I have a lot of power to amend the rules. Most leagues do not want to amend rules during a season for example because teams have been built off those rules--but I will adapt immediately to the new norse drop and can add them as promptly as I notice them on site.

Last edited by Gridironman on Apr 22, 2022 - 01:55; edited 1 time in total
Garion26

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2022 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey I see the rules page but while it's very clear on tiering it's not clear how much gold you have to build a team.
When you say it's standard but subject to change I'm not sure I understand you.
What's the current 'standard' (differs from tournament to tournament) and would it change during the league/tournament (so a TV 1150 team will match up against a TV 1250 team excluding skill diferences)

I'm asking if I join do I need to schedule against a specific 2 opponents twice in a month, or is it 'matchmaking into the division in an open play fashion' I think it's the former. If it's the former how many months commitment would come with joining?

I apologize if I'm missing something that should be obvious. I'm still relatively new to FUMBBL tournaments
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2022 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I will not change from tournament to tournament. The cream will rise to the top. I am seeking advice to make these more standard. If you like I could add you as a rules manager.

Edit: Only two matches a month. No worries, people will join and have uneven games played. Two games a month is a hard limit as to not interfere with running leagues. I will add a .001=GP to reflect more data alongside a more standard 3=W 1=T 0=L. Players who can play will have matches as close to their current ranking. If you are ranked 1 and cannot play then 2v3 and so on would occur. There may be instances in which one person is left out from playing that month. It would only be a temporary reserve for the following month i.e. the lowest ranked player.

If you are top ranked and lose dropping to #3 you would play #4 and 1v2 would be different coaches. This could happen during the same month so your first match was 1v2 and you would participate in the 3v4 if this chain of events would occur within the same month.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2022 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Presumably we are both native English speakers. But we are having trouble here
Let me put it this way.
“I go to build a team. How much gold can I spend to build the team?” It’s not on the rules page.

Sounds like it’s what many would describe as a ladder system. And on the ladder it is your responsibility to play against the person next to you on the ladder? . So person 8 has to play player seven or nine? Player three can only play 2 or 4.

If you sign up how many months of two matches a month are you signing up for?
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2022 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Garion26"]Presumably we are both native English speakers. But we are having trouble here
Let me put it this way.
“I go to build a team. How much gold can I spend to build the team?” It’s not on the rules page.

Sounds like it’s what many would describe as a ladder system. And on the ladder it is your responsibility to play against the person next to you on the ladder? . So person 8 has to play player seven or nine? Player three can only play 2 or 4.

My apologies, 1150000 is the current starting treasury. You may purchase skills according to NAF's current tiers a ladder system would be a better description. (I am getting rid of star players for now, until more games are played under 2020 rules). The standings will be W=3 T=1 L=0 Games Played=.001. Therefore, if you do not play your 2 matches a month you are not penalized necessarily. This is about sharpening our skills longitudinally. So maybe you are #1 and will play someone roughly equivalent at the #2 spot twice in the same month. I start out as #20 and lose to a #19. I drop to say #23 and play the #24th player. If you were to skip a month no problem. #2 would play #3. Let's say someone at the bottom #24 is in temporary reserve because there is nobody able to play him or her. This is fine, people will join after month 5 and work their way up. However, it must be said that the .001 games played will just be representative of having more data on longer term practicers.

I should also mention you can build multiple rosters, think of this as a lab or practice for FUMBBL tourneys like the current NAF MayHem event. We already have two elite players for you to match up against. 2 matches a month is not obtrusive especially in the same time zone. This is also a great place to network and schedule practice games outside of our 2 games a month fixtures.