38 coaches online • Server time: 19:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What Best Describes How You Will Use the Try Outs League?
Practice for Tournaments
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
To Play Others at My Level and Get Stronger
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Network with Other Canadians
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Joining the Canadian National Team
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
All of the Above
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

Gridironman

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2022 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I am setting up a ladder league for team Canada located here, https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=15521

It will follow this ruleset, https://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset?id=2536

PM me if you would like to join, all skill levels are welcome. I will send formal invitations to Canadians in the FUMBBL top 500. Remember this is good practice for FUMBBL events like the current MayHem tournament as of this posting (May 9th 2022). In fact, our discords will track and report what tournaments are currently being ran site wide.

Canadian League Commissioners will be contacted for better coordination.

Please note that only two games maximum will be played in a month--because we do not want to harm the Canadian league ecosystem. All other matches are unrecorded practice games if the players so choose.

Months may be skipped, this is a practice group. However, your national team ranking is determined thusly W=3, D=1, L=0, and Games Played=0.001. Games played is utilized to affirm that more data has been collected on particular players than others.

Normatively, players matches are scheduled by rank 1v2, 3v4, 5v6 etcetera. If #1 takes a break then it would look like this; 2v3, 4v5, and 6 would be in reserve for the next month.

Currently established National Teams: Team America (We have enough elite players to send to tourneys, but we want more people because the larger the pool the stronger the team). We can help hone your skills if nothing else. You may tryout for team America at https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=15500

I will hand off the commissionership of this league to a Canadian that is both an ardent FUMBBL user and is good to work with in the future and leave the league myself once it is fully established, as I am an American. We will share a common discord to coordinate FUMBBL tournaments.

Future national/regions teams planned based on top 500 representation-Chile, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Africa, Poland, Finland, Sweden, Norway, and Greece.

We will help these large talent pools engage in more tournaments as teams prior to helping stronger brands like team United Kingdom, Spain, Germany and Italy because those nations are routinely represented at international events routinely and play well.

Future tourneys, will include a closed and open format that will run concurrently. Closed tournaments would involve the region only which are Americas, Australasia & Europe. Open tournaments are played by entrants from all over the world but adhere to that region's time zone for scheduling. The tournament types are 2020 standard team, 2020 standard solo, 2020 NAF skill buy team, 2020 NAF skill buy solo, SL 2020 team, SL 2020 solo, Stunty 2020 team, and Stunty 2020 solo (the stunty teams that have been converted to 2020 rules or the stunties that are vanilla 2020).

I believe that this will only enrich our experiences and involve people that otherwise are not able to commit to tournaments.

Essentially, people that work in an office space or do not set their own hours oftentimes miss tournaments due to time zone differences, we are here to create tournaments for them. So many talented Australians, New Zealanders, Canadians, Americans, and Latin Americans; will soon have more tournaments to play in. Furthermore, we will send teams to other tournaments selecting the top players that have schedules permitting to playing it. Please note that if you do not make the cut to team Canada you will still be allowed to enter these tournaments, in fact, we will encourage it. It is just important that team Canada at least is represented by the best Canadians. If another team beats us to the name team Canada, no problem, we will name our team the Mounties or something that elicits Canadian patriotism essentially.

The Council of National Commissioners will use a shared discord to schedule these events with as little overlap as possible.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2022 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

interesting idea for sure
seanh1986

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2022 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the idea of having a formal process to select Team Canada is a good thing.

Sounds like this intuitive is intended to target a bunch of different nations, so that's cool.

In terms of selecting a Canadian representative, I would nominate grant85, who is the NAF Canada representative and active enough to have already posted above Smile.

When exactly is this expected to start up? I'm also a bit confused by the format.

How many games are played with each ruleset before the ruleset changes? Is it perpetual, so the "top X" will be dynamically changing? Does it reset per year or the plan is for it to be constantly evolving?

Thanks 👍
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2022 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I have written documents in the discord. As soon as we have at least four canadians to play each other--ideally ten. I have sent @grant85 a PM with the option to become a commissioner on the CNC as the commissioner of team Canada if he likes. I have also sent @footballolb16 a formal invitation because I remember his profile being in the top 500 when I recruited the Americans and because he expressed interest. All skill levels are invited of course and since it is a ladder you will play people at your skill level and improve eventually no matter how well you play now. It is a practice league and a national team selection process. The ruleset is static, because the cream will rise to the top but I can or other rules managers i.e. grant85 may make changes at his leisure. You got it right the scheduling is perpetual based on rank alone. I think it works better if it is not reset every year but that will be a discussion for Canadians to have once I turn over the keys completely.