40 coaches online • Server time: 19:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Carthage

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 06:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Had a debate with some blood bowlers. What is the worst starting linemen for TV cost for any legal 2020 team?
I contend that its the Khorne Marauders, in part because I've played them alot, and in part because they are 50k for thralls with a skill that's arguably a negatrait for a lineman.

I heard thrall as well and the other person said wood elf linemen because they cost too much for what they do.

Any other opinions?

Alternatively: worst base model in the game for value?
Kinks

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblin Bruiser Linemen? 45k (5k more than a normal gob) and they still get removed super easily. The main thing you want them to do is foul, Thick Skull doesn't help for that. 5k towards a bribe would help though.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro Elf linos are the worst elfs, but still OK.

Halflings are the worst stunties, but at least they have two non-loner treemen.

Rotters are the worst bash linos, and they live on the Nurg team, which is a hard life.

But Imperial Linemen are so, so bad, just for being overpriced on a universally overpriced team that doesn't have any way to really benefit from them having Fend.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Imp linos. They are good for absolutely nothing.
Rags

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
Pro Elf linos are the worst elfs, but still OK.

Halflings are the worst stunties, but at least they have two non-loner treemen.

Rotters are the worst bash linos, and they live on the Nurg team, which is a hard life.

But Imperial Linemen are so, so bad, just for being overpriced on a universally overpriced team that doesn't have any way to really benefit from them having Fend.

+1
Imperial nobility have AG 4+ and AV 8+, making them less able than any other (living) humans to dodge out of trouble, and among the weakest in resisting punishment. Lower AG & AG than regular human linemen but only 5k cheaper, with only Fend to compensate? Trash
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. Imperial Nobility Linemen poor statline and nigh on useless Fend are one of the reasons I stopped playing the team. WIth AG 4+ they don't reliably dodge/pick up the ball/receive hand offs when you need an emergency play. They would be better cheaper and without Fend. A Thrall or Hobgoblin is better than them.
iena

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

In my view Khorne Marauders are very very bad but probably Imperial Nobility Lineman are winning this race.
Looking at that starting trend, my next fear was on Norse Raider Lineman, but something went the opposite way there..
Rbthma

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on the criteria for worst I guess. If it's their ability to generate SPP for themselves a lineman has to either get casualties or touchdowns. You might add Rotter Linemen to the list as they really can't do either well

edit: oops, missed that Tussock already mentioned them

Last edited by Rbthma on May 05, 2022 - 15:52; edited 1 time in total
Nohistor

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Rotters can hurt @rbthma Wink ( but no td so far) https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=14625967
Azur

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

2 - Khorne Marauders and Imperial Nobility Lineman. Good at nothing, and they tend to die quickly.
2 - New Norse linemen. GFIs at +3 (+4 in the blizzard!). That's what I call a nerf.
3 - Elven Union linemen.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Secret League so not a "legal BB2020" team OP was talking about though @Nohistor Wink
Rbthma

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Azur wrote:

2 - New Norse linemen. GFIs at +3 (+4 in the blizzard!). That's what I call a nerf.

Don't forget that it's possible to get a -2 to rushes from Moles on the Pitch during a blizzard I believe Very Happy
iena

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont agree there.
Drunkard vs Thick Skull is a fair trade to me.
They are lineman, they should do that kind of work, not going for it each time they feel the breeze..
Rbthma

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

any lineman with block to start really can't be anywhere near the worst, block is a premium skill
Semitence

Post   Posted: May 06, 2022 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Khorne Marauders are worse than Imperial Linemen. The Imperial Linemen seem worse because of the rest of the team that sits around them.

Elven Union get ag4 for 60k, it's fine.
Norse av7 is ok with thick skull.
 Jump to: