13 coaches online • Server time: 06:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rbthma

Post   Posted: May 07, 2022 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you are picking (but at a disadvantage at least under BB2016) Wink
I think it's a nice challenge for a coach to do, so good on you.

[edit] Further, Krikack was an amazing Ogre. I'd play against the Bucc's anyday - just a fun team

but yeah, BB2020 it's probably viewed with a lot more suspicion now as inducements are often way better than a developed player can be currently.

Anyhow, I still intend to transfer my All Rotters but may have to make adjustments cause rotters really got hit with the nerf stick except for the 5K discount which means at least you can redraft probably everyone each season Very Happy
The_Murker

Post   Posted: May 08, 2022 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I would host a BB2020 880k tournament for linemen only if it was, A), possible, and B), we had enough interest.

I think it would just be a BB2020 league where you have an 880k TV cap. (Final TV must be 880 or less when you make READY)

If you are interested in partaking, post your top 3 race choices here, and we can draw randomly on DISCORD to see who gets to play what. You should also be able to post a 4th choice of "Any" if you are willing to play a randomly assigned team if you don't draw one of your top 3 races.

A 24 team Knock Out tournament of linemen might be fun.

Post   Posted: May 08, 2022 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

First tournament would be standard progression, no star-players, but full inducements.

My race choices would be 1) human, 2) wood elf, 3) dark elf, 4) any.

Post   Posted: May 08, 2022 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Dwarf Blocker Linemen namely are linemen but actually they are closer to positionals.
Block, discounted Tackle out of the box, AV 10+ Thick Skull and G, S access put them above any other lineman in BB.
This is why I would remove Tackle from the Dwarf and Chaos Dwarf Blockers.

I'd replace block with brawler personally.
Azur

Post   Posted: May 08, 2022 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
First tournament would be standard progression, no star-players, but full inducements.

My race choices would be 1) human, 2) wood elf, 3) dark elf, 4) any.

1- Amazons
2- Norses
3- Dark Elves
4- Humans
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 08, 2022 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

ben_awesome wrote:

But then they would not be Blockers anymore, and the problem is not the Block spam, but the cheap Tackle spam which makes taking Dodge quite futile, because Tackle works both on opponent's turn and your turn and at 10 TV counters 20 TV Dodge.
Play as an agile team for a while and you will find it out.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 08, 2022 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

i mean, there are teams with blockers that don't have any skills at all, so no, i don't think 'block' defines being a blocker.

but i agree, tackle is the bigger problem because of its affect on game play during the opponent's turn.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 08, 2022 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
i mean, there are teams with blockers that don't have any skills at all, so no, i don't think 'block' defines being a blocker.

That because the designers can't properly name the positionals Razz .
In theory, a player should be named after the skills he has. Otherwise, even Human Linemen or other Linemen could be called Blockers, even if they don't have Block. Most of times they block, yet they are not Blockers.
Anyway, the important part is that Tackle spam is the issue.
Moreover, a Dwarf Blitzer should have more hitting-related skills than a Dwarf Blocker, because Blitzers in BB are considered the best/fastest hitters.
If, for example, Dwarf Blitzers (who are 2 max) had Block, Tackle and the Dwarf Runners had default Wrestle (maybe losing Sure Hands to keep them cheap) the Dwarf team would still have decent counters to Dodgers without spamming Tackle, at the same time (Troll Slayers have good odds to pow a Blodger, by the way).
A couple of Tacklers and Wrestlers is ok, the spam is not ok.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Dwarfs, I just hate their roster's bad design.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: May 08, 2022 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

"That because the designers can't properly name the positionals Razz-Face.
In theory, a player should be named after the skills he has."

This is if you are ignoring the fact that the game is largely based on American Football, where 8-11 players battle it out on the line of scrimmage each play.. the linemen.
The linebackers are those behind the linemen, the ones who often 'blitz' the quarterback. All seems pretty properly named to me, in this regard, when looking at the human team. Plus, you know, the catchers with catch.. the throwers with throw.

One is going to have to make some concessions when applying American football naming conventions to hobbits, goblins, and even dwarves.

Post   Posted: May 08, 2022 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know American Football, but I know that BB is based on American Football (although BB seems to be closer to Rugby than to American Football, because the ball is still in play when falls on the pitch, unlike in American Football, where the game stops if the team loses ball possession). Or at least this is what I understood by watching some games, I could be wrong.
That said, we were discussing about Dwarf team. The Human team, I agree, has proper player naming. The Catchers have Catch, the Throwers have Pass, their names mirror exactly their skills. This is what I meant.
Linebacker instead of Blocker would be better, as you said.
mekutata

Post   Posted: May 09, 2022 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Call em Longbeards. And not only replace Brawler/Block but also ArmBar/Tackle. So two otherwise rarely seen skills as starting skills.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2022 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I don't know American Football, but I know that BB is based on American Football (although BB seems to be closer to Rugby than to American Football, because the ball is still in play when falls on the pitch, unlike in American Football, where the game stops if the team loses ball possession). Or at least this is what I understood by watching some games, I could be wrong.
That said, we were discussing about Dwarf team. The Human team, I agree, has proper player naming. The Catchers have Catch, the Throwers have Pass, their names mirror exactly their skills. This is what I meant.
Linebacker instead of Blocker would be better, as you said.

FWIW I think Gaelic football and/or Aussie Rules are both closer to BB than either Rugby or American Football.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 09, 2022 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
Call em Longbeards. And not only replace Brawler/Block but also ArmBar/Tackle. So two otherwise rarely seen skills as starting skills.

That way at least the Dwarf Blocker Lineman would be consistent with the OWA Dwarf Blocker.
I find disturbing that the OWA Dwarf Blitzer and Troll Slayer are the same as the Dwarf team Blitzer and Troll Slayer, but the Dwarf team Blocker is different from the OWA Blocker.
Kondor

Post   Posted: May 09, 2022 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

ben_awesome wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
Dwarf Blocker Linemen namely are linemen but actually they are closer to positionals.
Block, discounted Tackle out of the box, AV 10+ Thick Skull and G, S access put them above any other lineman in BB.
This is why I would remove Tackle from the Dwarf and Chaos Dwarf Blockers.

I'm glad you guys are not team designers. I like my dwarfs how they are weather playing with them or against them.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 09, 2022 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, this is why Dwarfs are overrepresented, while Elves are rare. Super great design.
 Jump to: