47 coaches online • Server time: 00:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2022 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
koadah wrote:
Part of our problem is that it has taken so long for this to occur to anyone. Twisted Evil

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, so I'll take that at face value Smile Personally speaking, I've been on fumbbl for 18 years now. I know the site like the palm of my hand. So sometimes it's difficult to replicate a newcomer's experience and try imagine what it's like.

I can't even remember that far back.

Did we run it from the command prompt? Smile

Big buttons FTW IMO.

But I guess it is not so bad for rookies. They won't have to scroll down three screens to find the "create team" link. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2022 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
...aiming to gaining CR, which is in the end the Competitive division goal...

Different people have different goals. Killing the opportunity to pursue those goals will squeeze people out of the division.

The more casual coaches help make up the numbers.
They'll probably be the only ones to accept your offers. Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2022 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

there's a few Super Stars that have been pinging dakka with every team on many occasions to no avail, but I'm sure there's a convoluted explanation for this apparent cowardice

if one wants to face people that bear the meaningless labels of Legend or Superstar, they generally flock around tournaments, and their own leagues

that is, if one is interested to play a challenging game, rather than farming points and whine incessantly

how every post turns into whine about lack of box, BB20 being dumb, Gamefinder being unfair, is beyond me
mekutata

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2022 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Regarding mattys suggestion to make gamefinder/future box easier to access.
The "play" button next to a team could lead to a page with the 3 options
● Gamefinder
● Blackbox
● Gamename

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2022 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
there's a few Super Stars that have been pinging dakka with every team on many occasions to no avail, but I'm sure there's a convoluted explanation for this apparent cowardice

And the other way around, often. You didn't accept my offers and they were not unfair. And of course, I'm not going to accept unfair offers by a Legend coach (Orcs vs my WE) when he doesn't accept my Elves vs his Orcs and Undead. I'm not here to be challenged at wish by the same people that don't accept my offers.
I guess it's a personal reason, which is fine, but my point is that there can be many reasons not to play vs a coach.
This is why the Box is the best system, you can't avoid coaches.
About cowardice: I'm ready to play only with the Black Box and delete GF from Competitive. It's not what a coward would do.

Last edited by MattDakka on Jun 14, 2022 - 13:30; edited 4 times in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2022 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
Regarding mattys suggestion to make gamefinder/future box easier to access.
The "play" button next to a team could lead to a page with the 3 options
● Gamefinder
● Blackbox
● Gamename

I like this. I was wondering yesterday about the "Play" link and how to make it useful since it's the first thing I'd intuitively click if I were new.

Last edited by JanMattys on Jun 14, 2022 - 13:24; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2022 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
This is why the Box is the best system, you can't avoid coaches.

Unless it makes you avoid the system altogether. Then it becomes the worst system.

Let's not beat a dead horse.

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2022 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

At the moment the GF is not that appealing. Putting aside the CR/Win Rate and other vanity reasons, if I have a limited time window and I want to play a decent fair game in that time window I can't use the GF. I have to be there for hours, checking constantly the page, and after all this time-wasting it's not assured that I will find a game.
BB2, as far as I know, uses a MM system. It must not be that bad. I would have been fine with playing with Black Box and BB2016 while waiting for Black Box BB2020 but the introduction of BB2020 on GF killed the Black Box BB2016.
Java

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2022 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
You didn't accept my offers and they were not unfair.

I never saw any of your offers. To be honest, it's entirely unfair to expect me to spend an hour indulging your antics, and I think I've made it clear in the past, so save your clicks. I have sincerely had enough.

With Gamefinder, I spent the time to hide your teams, as they were in the way of me finding a match, with GF2, there's the new handy feature that does it for me.

Thanks Christer!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2022 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe you didn't see my offers, but believe me, I made you some offers (once), then I stopped because I supposed you didn't want to play vs me and don't like to bother people/beg for game.
So, for sure I'm not the coward here.
Java

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2022 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't want to embarass you any further, so I won't go at any length to refute that statement.

But please, please, please, stop hijacking every single thread with your constant repetition of the same gripes, over and over again.

It's unhealthy for everyone, and it shows no respect nor gratitude.

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2022 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I will shut up, but please notice that you started to point the finger in this thread, my hijacking was but a consequence:
Java wrote:
there's a few Super Stars that have been pinging dakka with every team on many occasions to no avail, but I'm sure there's a convoluted explanation for this apparent cowardice.

Every action has a reaction.

I'm not embarassed, I gathered more data about the general hypocrisy on this site.
Java

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2022 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Pot, kettle, glass houses and all that.

The plural of anecdote is not data.

Your screeds starts at least a page before that post of mine. It's getting tiresome.

As you say, every action has a reaction, and having to suffer reading this.. whatever it is, on literally every thread, certainly provokes a reaction, at some point.

Just a thought, stop provoking it.

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2022 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

@MattD: it might help if you made new teams. Lots of coaches are anticipating seasons and are thus unwilling to play teams more than 15 games old, regardless of matchup or TV or whatever. I'd be happy to play you, but not the teams you offer.

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2022 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like to make new teams unless really necessary (the reason is silly Embarassed : I can't find good names, many have already been taken or are very similar to the names I would use. I like the background and I don't like throwaway team names). Also, I don't like to have more than 1 team per race (I like variety). I'm waiting for the migration of my Box teams to Competitive (assuming I don't need a Nagash's spell to see that day Razz ). The positive side of GF is that it's a super patience training. I re-learned to play the guitar as hobby during the waiting (I don't even pay much attention to the GF page anymore). The bright side of BB2020 is that you don't feel you are missing much fun when you don't play BB.
 Jump to: