14 coaches online • Server time: 06:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ChronicTheBedHog

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi. I'm new to FUMBBL and I want to setup a private league with my friends. Do all of the teams need to be setup as "League" teams or can they be "Competitive?" If its the latter, does that mean that the experience and gold you earn in a league effectively transfers back to the competitive environment of Gamefinder?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/help:

Go here and read the section LEAGUE - How to create a league.
It's all there. Read carefully then, if something is not clear, post your questions. But read there first.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Private leagues need to be in the League division.

If you want to use the current rules, I don't know if there is and official place where you can create your teams.

You can create your own "league" and ruleset.
As a short cut, you could create your team at 145 Club or even better Secrect League

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

As for your question: if you want to create a private league, your friends must create teams in the L division for that league (once you create a group you have some control over custom rules, and thus your friends must create a team for that specific group - there's a link "create a team for this group" in the group page).

Those teams are specific for that group, but more importantly are L teams. L teams can't be transferred in the open-play Competitive league, because it would be unfair. (You could create a league with rules that reward more spps, or just play against friends and end a game 6-6).

So if you want to play Competitive, open play with gamefinder, you have to create a C team. If you want to create a league with your friends, you can but all teams must be L teams created within that specific group.

Example of a league (the league I run with my friends): https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=14835

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Competitive teams cannot play in a league, only league teams can. That is exactly what the different divisions are there for.

Welcome to FUMBBL, have fun with the league!
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

When you create your league, set the Group type to "League" and set the Ruleset Id to "4".

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

But that’s what’s confused me. I’ve created a private league but I can still invite Competitive teams. I haven’t tried kicking off an actual tournament yet however so I guess it’ll probably throw an error…
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
When you create your league, set the Group type to "League" and set the Ruleset Id to "4".

Or create your own ruleset. It's not particularly obscure if you follow the help page links.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

ChronicTheBedHog wrote:
But that’s what’s confused me. I’ve created a private league but I can still invite Competitive teams. I haven’t tried kicking off an actual tournament yet however so I guess it’ll probably throw an error…

You can invite whoever you want. But once those teams try to compete with each other, the client will return an error message.

It teams are from different divisions, the client will tell you the game is illegal (I think).

And if both teams are from L division, but the ruleset id in which they were created is different, the client will tell you again that the game is illegal (This I'm sure of).

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
koadah wrote:

Or create your own ruleset. It's not particularly obscure if you follow the help page links.

If you want custom rules, sure. But you shouldn't have to create a ruleset to play the standard rules.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for help guys. It’s been really appreciated.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
koadah wrote:

If you want custom rules, sure. But you shouldn't have to create a ruleset to play the standard rules.

If you mean "use old standfirm" and other amenities, sure. But for other things, not really.
For example, in the ruleset you can set the rules for the redraft thresold, the redraft budget, and the number of games per season, all things which are definitely important in a league but not necessarily identical to Ruleset 4, which is not a standard, but an arbitrary value chosen by Christer for open play.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2022 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
koadah wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
koadah wrote:

If you mean "use old standfirm" and other amenities, sure. But for other things, not really.
For example, in the ruleset you can set the rules for the redraft thresold, the redraft budget, and the number of games per season, all things which are definitely important in a league but not necessarily identical to Ruleset 4, which is not a standard, but an arbitrary value chosen by Christer for open play.

I believe that the plan was that the League default would be no seasons.

Dead right. I wouldn't want to use ruleset 4. Wink

It is still more stuff that new coaches/commishes have to figure out to get going.

A lot of people just want to roll up and play. They shouldn't need to have to create a league at all.

Jump to: