52 coaches online • Server time: 20:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
Could we have a MattDakka thread, where he could list all of his arguments and opinions...

...I think that would be *win* all around. Less typing and reading for all!

Wait!!! People still read dakkas posts??? Shocked

Jokes aside. The rules etc are mostly fine. Wildly inaccurate pass rule is appalling. But that aside the edition is mostly fine really.

Personally I prefer on pitch attrition but I've always been fine with ageing, however they dress it up.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I have played against Norse with my Wood Elves: results: 4 loners for the next game lol

Cherry pick is bad??? mdr
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Hybrid > Agile, that's the reason. Especially with these rules.
Rags

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
Could we have a MattDakka thread, where he could list all of his arguments and opinions, and the traumatic losses he has taken because of BB2020? In that way, he could simply respond to each new post in a thread with:

"I have already disagreed with that statement. See Paragraph 4, Section 2-B, to see why I'm likely correct, and you are likely mistaken. Link included. Also, please, make Black-Box. Good-day."

I think that would be *win* all around. Less typing and reading for all!

If you're tired of hearing this stuff, all you need to do is smoke a team 3 - 0 to scare off for evermore https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4383540

No more rants!

I know this might seem like idle trash talk, but it's a true story! One sound trashing and sent running for the hills, never to return! I'm completely open to being proven wrong on this, but no sign so far..
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

You sneakily induced a Wizard in that game.
If you want to play without sneaky inducements I'm here. You are a nullity for me.
I post something too:
https://fumbbl.com/p/matches?c=Rags&coach2=MattDakka

according to this sample you lost way more times vs me than I vs you.
I would keep my mouth shut and hide in a corner if I were you, 47% win rate, pathetic.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Both of you quit it now. And Rags, I called out Matt on that sort of argument before, so it's just fair I'll point it out to you too. In an open discussion on the site there's opinions, and there's games. When you put your w/t/l record on the table just to suggest your point is more valid than another's because you won, you automatically lose ALL credibility for future arguments. Also, you look like a loser who wants to shut up the other party instead of confronting ideas. Longest dick contests do not prove anything except the value of the people involved in them. (no wonder that Matt replied in style to your post... /facepalm).

And Matt, The Murker is right. You should state your opinion once then stfu. Having you repeating yourself over and over is both very tiring and counterproductive. You sound more and more like background noise.

We got your points. Really. We did. Ten months ago. Just please, learn to state your points once, for god's sake.

Peace out.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
You sneakily induced a Wizard in that game.
If you want to play without sneaky inducements I'm here. You are a nullity for me.

There's nothing 'sneaky'. The game that's being discussed here is Blood Bowl Second Season Edition, which was released in 2020, commonly referred to as BB2020.

The BB2020 rules are the same for every coach who chooses to play the game. But it's just you who constantly rants and insults when things don't go your way, and whines incessently about how you would always win if we played according to your imaginary ruleset.

This is precesily the mentality of a toddler playing make believe - the rules constantly change to ensure that they win, otherwise they throw a tantrum.

BTW a wizard doesn't explain a 3 score margin, as well you know - you were whooped

MattDakka wrote:

according to this sample you lost way more times vs me than I vs you.

I most certainly have, acknowledging each defeat to a better coach, never whining about rules or dice

MattDakka wrote:
I would keep my mouth shut and hide in a corner if I were you.

That's exactly what you have done since you lost. Aand that's exactly why I baited you on here, and you sure took it, hook, line and sinker.

JanMattys wrote:
Longest dick contests do not prove anything except the value of the people involved in them. (no wonder that Matt replied in style to your post... /facepalm).

There's no contest. Matt is a far superior coach to me, and alway will be. The record is there on the site. I love playing against top coaches, and even scoring the occassional upset. Matt was often up for a match, until he lost. He responded by insulting me, storming off vowing to never play me again not becuase I'm not a good enough coach, but because I'm not a good enough person.

Trash talk was one resort left to get the competition back onto the pitch - seems to have worked a treat!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

So, uh, how about that PA stat?

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
So, uh, how about that PA stat?
Couldn't they have nerfed elves just to 3+?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Rags wrote:
There's nothing 'sneaky'. The game that's being discussed here is Blood Bowl Second Season Edition, which was released in 2020, commonly referred to as BB2020.

The BB2020 rules have Season Re-Draft. With Season Re-Draft you would have less Treasury to invest on Wizards. Also, your Elves would have fewer skills than Dwarfs. Also, with less Treasury maybe you would replace players rather than buying Inducements.

Rags wrote:
I most certainly have, acknowledging each defeat to a better coach, never whining about rules or dice

Well, if you don't find unbalances, it's normal you don't whine. Also, probably you don't care a lot about winning. It's a different mindset. It's easy not to whine when you don't care a lot about the game you play.

Rags wrote:
Matt was often up for a match, until he lost. He responded by insulting me, storming off vowing to never play me again not becuase I'm not a good enough coach, but because I'm not a good enough person.

Exactly, I was pissed off by the sneaky Wizard. Otherwise I would have played you again. Just, I don't want to play vs Inducements, especially because some teams are better than others if they sneaky-hire certain Inducements. To be honest I didn't insult you in game, I just complained about the sneaky Wizard. Feel free to post a screenshot if I insulted you, but I'm sure I didn't.

Rags wrote:
Trash talk was one resort left to get the competition back onto the pitch - seems to have worked a treat!

Well, if you want to play I'm available (I will not whine in chat). As I said, I don't want sneaky Inducements. I would have used my Orcs then. If I accept a game as underdog I don't want Inducements bought by the overdog.

About PA: yes, PA 3+ could have been ok for Elves.
Rags

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Well, if you want to play I'm available. As I said, I don't want sneaky Inducements.

You have called me 'sneaky' four times in this post alone! That's insulting, and it's a continuation of remarks about the 'type of person' I am, unworthy to play against you. What could this be other than a personal remark?

MattDakka wrote:
It's a different mindset. It's easy not to whine when you don't care a lot about the game you play.

That's right. It's called a respectful mindset. It's not always easy to suck up losses and perceived ill fortune, but when you have priorities straight you don't inflict these feelings on someone taking the time to play a friendly game with you. Not whinging is like coaching Blood Bowl - it's not easy, and it takes work.

Enough of this nonsense. Just drop the excuses, enjoy your many wins, take your losses, and let every coach enjoy their game and their successes, however modest.

I'm glad to hear you've gotten over your defeat and are ready for your revenge on the pitch - see you soon
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Rags wrote:

You have called me 'sneaky' four times in this post alone! That's insulting, and it's a continuation of remarks about the 'type of person' I am, unworthy to play against you. What could this be other than a personal remark?

In this post, yes. In that game, I didn't.

Rags wrote:

are ready for your revenge on the pitch - see you soon

Yes, but I will check your Treasury, just to be safe. Very Happy By the way, a game in Competitive is not that friendly, if you, as overdog, buy a Wizard. If you didn't care about winning then you would have not bought a Wizard. You look more tryhard than me if you buy a Wizard to win a game, even if, according to you, you don't care much. I admit I do care about winning, but I don't buy Inducements as overdog, especially if I'm the guy offering the game. Maybe it's me but I find a logical gap in your statement.
Rags

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

You're right - this imagined dichotomy between opponent using their resources as the fit and an honest or friendly game is entirely just you.

Everything you're saying and repeating and repeating again is premised on the false dichotomy - it's all nonsense.
Uber

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
WE CAN BEAT THE CLAWPOMB THREAD

WITH FRIENDSHIP AND POSITIVITY

Come on guys, put your back into it!

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Uber wrote:
Java wrote:
WE CAN BEAT THE CLAWPOMB THREAD

WITH FRIENDSHIP AND POSITIVITY

Come on guys, put your back into it!

We got a long way to go to challenge the supremacy of the CLAWPOMB thread....I dont think matt can carry us that far.