72 coaches online • Server time: 21:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2022 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

amazingprizzini wrote:
I suspect it only works on a block, rather than a blitz. You can alread do this on a blitz (if you have a movement point left).

Read it again, it's 'one free square' and a 'free move'.. so it sounds additional to the normal movement

Also, a Blitz = Move action + Block action
Carthage

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2022 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone think the blocker looks absurd? Did some math and she stacks up extremely well in cost vs every other S4 piece in the game usually 30-40% cheaper after adjusting for skills and stat differences. Especially assuming she gets Primary: GS Secondary: AP.
Java

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2022 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

chaos warrior that swaps M access and 1 point of armour, for dodge/defensive and 1 point of movement, +10k

not that excessive although it will make for a fantastic ball carrier in most match ups

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2022 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the setup!
They are quicker, stronger and with more AV, and they feel less "unfair" both for and against. I mean, they have some argument against their nemesis dwarves (Str4 and Defensive) and they are less of a problem for the others without 4 strenght access blodgers out of the box.
I like Hit and Run too, it is cool but it doesn't scare me as a trait on a 0-2 positional. As written I think it works on the blitz too, I agree with Java. To me it adds to the flavor and to the tactics - getting to a 1 turner from this would need 50 spp and favorable rolls, before getting block, on a team with a medium speed of under 6.2
Summing up: it adds variety, and I'm not skilled enough to be scared by possible exploits with this roster.
We still lack info on Reroll cost and skill access, don't we?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2022 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

i would have expected the 110k pricetag WITHOUT dodge. (or maybe 105). With dodge, given how powerful dodge is, and how likely this player is to have S access, I would have expected 125-130k cost for this player.

If the jaguar lost dodge (and no other change), i would be very happy with this roster.
ZevinzeNompardi

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2022 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The Saurus have +1 AV against the Jaguar, in a fight, for 25000 less.
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2022 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

ZevinzeNompardi wrote:
I like the setup!
They are quicker, stronger and with more AV, and they feel less "unfair" both for and against. I mean, they have some argument against their nemesis dwarves (Str4 and Defensive) and they are less of a problem for the others without 4 strenght access blodgers out of the box.
I like Hit and Run too, it is cool but it doesn't scare me as a trait on a 0-2 positional. As written I think it works on the blitz too, I agree with Java. To me it adds to the flavor and to the tactics - getting to a 1 turner from this would need 50 spp and favorable rolls, before getting block, on a team with a medium speed of under 6.2
Summing up: it adds variety, and I'm not skilled enough to be scared by possible exploits with this roster.
We still lack info on Reroll cost and skill access, don't we?

Yeah, but they have no Block at all now and you can't use Hit and Run to move next to an opposing player which limits it's uses pretty heavily. It's too impractical to use it to do a One Turn Touchdown. Amazons got some good buffs but they got some pretty heavy nerfs, too.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2022 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

What do you mean? Blitzer just goes diagonally in, diagonally out

Code:
Start position at kickoff. X=enemy LOS, L=amazon LOS, B=Blitzer
- - - - - - - - -
- - - X X X - - -
- - B L L L - - -
- - - - - - - - -

Initial block, follow
- - - - X - - - -
- - - B X X - - -
- - - L L L - - -
- - - - - - - - -

After the Hit n Run
- - B - X - - - -
- - - - X X - - -
- - - L L L - - -
- - - - - - - - -
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2022 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you meant the backfield screen?
Code:
If opponent makes a backfield fence like this, and there's no gaps, and both ends are anchored on the sideline, then you'd need to blitz straight on,
- - - - - - -
- X - X - X -
- - - B - - -

...and get a (one-dice) knockdown to 'O',
- - - - O - -
- X - B - X -
- - - - - - -

...to be able to gain the free square from Hit n Run. So yea that would be a bit trickier.
- - - B O - -
- X - - - X -
- - - - - - -
This does require opponent can field 11 players though, and if they can't it gets easier; it would work with a Push so doesn't require the knockdown

Other uses of the repositioning, that you get just on Blocks without needing Blitz:
*Screen
*Provide assist on an opponent player who gets pushed your way
*Provide assists on a foul
*Cancel the 2nd Frenzy block by disengaging
*And obviously: avoid being blocked back next turn
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2022 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, but Saurus have AG 5+, so they can do a lot less than the Jaguar overall. (Jaguar has AG 3+, and Dodge.)

ZevinzeNompardi wrote:
The Saurus have +1 AV against the Jaguar, in a fight, for 25000 less.
rremy

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2022 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:

Code:

...to be able to gain the free square from Hit n Run. So yea that would be a bit trickier.
- - - B O - -
- X - - - X -
- - - - - - -

If you want to use Hit n Run, you cannot end your free move adjacent to a knockdown opponent.
Irgy

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2022 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

just hit the player next to the sideline, push them sideways, don't even need a knockdown
Java

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2022 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well spotted. You still count as marking them even if they're down.

So for that backline exploit you need a removal.

Still probably better to blitz a scrimmage opponent as even a push allows you to hit and run, then you will just have to do the dodges through the backline

This is all theorybowl with a 50spps no block player, but fun nonetheless

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2022 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy, it's a frenzy player that never stops in contact without rolling dice.

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2022 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

"Never" is a bit excessive (sometimes, it won't be possible to use Hit and run, no free square will be eligible) but Frenzy + Hit and run could be an interesting combo, yes.