67 coaches online • Server time: 21:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Summer C classic <<<< hit this link to apply your C team to participate in the Classic summer throw down on the Row of 100 Taverns.

This will be a KO style tournament with qualifier/main format found in FUMBBL majors.

Milford has rallied all his contacts and business associates to make this happen. Full Majors coverage from Milford and his associates will be provided to put on the first ever BB2020 C major of the year.

Last edited by PainState on Jul 20, 2022 - 22:30; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Depending on # of teams who apply for this event the event organizers are going to attempt to make all the qualifier groups based on Region and not a random draw. So, if we have 48 Euro coaches apply a team they will be grouped up into 6 qualifiers and if we have 16 N.America they will form 2 Groups and the Aussies will form up their own qualifer group(s)

Once we hit the Main draw...then it is no holds barred and every one will have to arrange matches over Time Zones to make this happen.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Milford has rallied all his contacts and business associates to make this happen. Full Majors coverage from Milford and his associates will be provided to put on the first ever BB2020 C major of the year.

Did any of those contacts or associates happen to be official Fumbbl admins?

I ask because I have a feeling that if not, this might not be legal.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd support that but koadah writes some truth.
Fumbbl offered Smacks, which are not much used. So why not bend the rules for those and allow to play with regular matchday length?

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought that there had been 2020 Minors. Did I dream those?

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

I ask because I have a feeling that if not, this might not be legal.

Milford is sitting in his favorite pub, the rusty anchor on 9th st. Pounding some dark ale and has some fish and chips on the side. He has his note pad out and is writing down his insane thoughts so he does not forget them. Making a check list of all his contacts he needs to double back on to make sure the Summer Classic kicks off and is a total success.

then a shadow appears over his note pad..He looks up and in some weird optical illusion sort of way, the sun coming in from the window and back dropping the individual standing beside him, he cant see his face, he is in shadow, back lit by the sun.

"Milford, I think you need to calm down and stop this. I come as a friend and a fan of your work. You are treading on grounds you dont want to be on, this could be dangerous. Reputations of powerful people could be in question if you do this and some might just feel you are over stepping your bounds. "they" dont mind if you do FUMBBL major coverage and put in hours and days of labor into the coverage.....but....this might come off as rebelious.

Just let it go man...All will be good in a few months or maybe a year. Just relax and have a round of beer on me."

The mystery person turns and throws the bar keep a few gold coins and leaves.

Miflord looks down at his note pad and sees that the mystery person left him a check under his pad.

Milford pulls it out and it is check for 1.7Mil gold crowns.

Milford smiles...oh, these guys...

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

So here is the current count of teams for the summer classic

North America: 1
Europe:2
Aust/NZ: 0

Summer classic will kick off on Aug 1st regardless of how many teams apply.

Last edited by PainState on Jul 19, 2022 - 22:11; edited 2 times in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

two hours later Milford leaves the outhouse and smiles as he used a 1.7 Mil piece of paper to wipe his butt crack with.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I will apply a team, once I know that team won't be locked up in a 'tournament' you can't control. I'd love something to join with a C Division team. Best of luck. Let us know if you do indeed have the power to schedule teams against each other in C.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, good sir Mr Murker...I have no such power to lock teams into scheduled matches and arrange tournaments in the normal style in the C div.

I just have the 2005 tools that are still hard coded into the site.

So the Summer Classic is a blast from the past, 2005 style tournament action.

You will apply your team to my cool and retro meta group. I will then in turn form up qualifier groups, set up a cool meta group bracket and then when it is show time it will be old school...you need to find your opponet and arrange a match between your selves...send in the post game report...results are made and we do it the old fashion way..through PM's and forum postings on who you play next.

Think of it as a PBEM FUMMBL tournament that involves C teams. Once you wrap your head around this old and antiquated style of tournament matchmaking you will be excited, totally flummocked that the old guys on the site use to do it this way....it will be new, for you and how I use to do it back in the day...IT is cool...trust me.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
I will apply a team, once I know that team won't be locked up in a 'tournament' you can't control.

If I was a person who took things in the wrong way....You are fine if your Locked up in a tournament by some one else?

Shocked Cool Laughing

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

There is this lingering specter hanging over FUMBBL HQ...Just load up a C open tournament..Call it, lets see it is July...Call it the GLT and let anybody in the C div apply a team..load it up and set the qualfiers and see how it goes.

Lets not worry about the future of redrafts and "going" by the letter of the rules. Set a "official" tournament up and let it rip, send it, in C.

Are you telling me one of the admins on the site could not set up the GLT for August kick off and accept all C teams into the group and kick it off? It is out of FUMBBL's powers to do such a thing?

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no point in play in the C div right now inless you like playing in a sand box and eventually get so bored with it you just throw fist fulls of sand at each other.

Even in the Old R/B there had to be a purpose or carrot at the end. Some form of resolution to why you are actually playing in R/B or C. Tournaments are that resolution, the climax to a end of season of playing. It does not have to be a major it could be a minor or a XFL tournament. Tournaments are required for C to have an actual purpose.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Some of us love a sandbox
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I never felt that way, PainState. The journey is all there is. Resolution is an illusion.