67 coaches online • Server time: 21:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BeanBelly

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2022 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

{edit} Third UI! I seem to have partially blanked out the memory my first tournament team been destroyed by the high TV Chorf powerhouses Dragonphoenix Scumbags XXVI.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2022 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The sea is pitching and rolling, the swells are rocking the boat and Milford sits in the crew quarters on a 15 minute break. It turns out the only way to get to the island of Mystril, where the UI/FUMBBL Hq is to take a boat to one of the outer islands. Milford reaches into his pocket and pulls out the full coverage spread with pictures of the resort he has been set up and thinks fond thoughts...hoping he arrives.

After he got booted from the Wizard tower he was directed to a small fishing village. He arranged passage to Mystrill from a fisherman captain. Due to Milfords lack of funds his only way on board was to help the crew on their way as they fish the great inner islands and to make sure that the Captain was set up with stadium suite for the first round match of the Buccaneers who so happen to be is favorite team? How in the hell is a fisherman captain, who is a high elf on the other side of the world root for the Blood Sea Buccaneers...He told me the entire back story of why he is a fan, took him about 5 hours between his training session on how to "chum" the bait for the fish nets.

Well according to the crew we should be in port by the end of the day. The captain says this was a really good haul of fish and should be some good pricing. He even gave 50GC for his efforts to get him set up for the UI. Of course the Captain did remind Milford that those suite tickets will be arriving at the boat in a timely manner.

Crap...back to chumming some fish and helping the deck hands swab. What a lovely UI it has been so far.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we submit one team to the Lightside and the other to the darkside or only just one team?

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 05:36 Reply with quote Back to top

In the blog post from baz:

Also reminder only One team per coach is allowed.
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Just one team per coach. Ill be monitoring both groups and if anyone applies to both on accident I will do my best to contact them well before the draw to figure out which they would prefer.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2022 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford grabs a duffle bag of rags that pose as clothing from the fishing ship, a "gift" from his 3 day co-workers. He smiles at them for this generous gift and then meets the captain on the docks. He shakes hands and assures the Captain that all his "fees" will be paid and he will be wined and dined and in the best suite at the Ulthuan coastal stadium to witness the Blood Sea Buccaneers decimate their first round foe or get decimated and destroyed by some insane 1850TV Ogre team that has been playing since day 1 of the C div launch. Either way in Milfords mind the debt has been paid. Just need to track down PainState to make this happen and call in a favor.

Milford leaves the docks and enters the fish monger market, sees some kids selling wares and hustling all the newcomers to the island. He knows this game and goes over to them and barters his duffel bag of used clothes for some info on what is going on in the port...what teams are showing up? Are there a lot of teams? Any famous coaches?

SO

Bazakastine...what is it looking like...Can you give us # of teams applied..any juicy insight on coaches or any thing?

The fans want to know what is going on with the UI.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2022 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Light side qualifier <<<hit the link to apply your team.
Any Competitive team of the following races ( Amazon, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling, High Elf, Human, Imperial Nobility, Lizardman, Old World Alliance, Norse, Slann and Wood Elf.)

Dark side qualifier<<< hit this link to apply your team.
Any Competitive team of the following races (Black Orcs, Chaos, Chaos Dwarf, Chaos Pact, Dark Elf, Goblin, Khemri, Khorne Necromantic, Orc, Nurgle, Skaven, Snotlings, Undead, Underworld, Vampire and Ogre)

Only teams in the C div will be allowed to enter. This is a no holds barred smack down tournament. C teams will be accepted as they are...no redraft, yet. So, old school FUMBBL Blood Bowl in a major...the way NUFFLE intended life to be.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2022 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok guys we are one week away from kick off...So get your C teams ready and get them applied.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2022 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford opens up the double doors to the Gold suite once again..He just stands at the threshold and takes in the smell...Oh, my... I have returned home.

He throws his duffle bag of clothes in the entry way, checks the "bar" fully stocked, grabs a beer and heads out to the balcony, 35 stories above the harbor and just sits there, watching the sun set......

Get those teams applied guys...we are all back in the swing of things now, just like Milford.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2022 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The draw for the qualifiers is 22.00pm server time, Wednesday 3rd August 2022

What is the rest of the deadlines please? for each round?
I am away for a lot of August, and am not sure I could play the matches
Java

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2022 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

1 week from the draw, and each round weekly after that

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2022 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, thanks for reply
I can’t make it, but good luck everyone and I’m glad Majors are back
PirateRob

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2022 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember once upon a time the different qualifiers had different things they considered, one taking the 8 oldest(teams with most games(, one taking the 8 luckiest (random chance), one taking the teams with the highest TR etc.

I'm guessing here, it's just randomly assigning up to 64 to random 8 team qualifiers?

Taking the first 64 if more than that? Randomly assigning?

I feel like there are a bunch of technical details somewhere and I'm just missing them.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2022 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

PirateRob wrote:
I remember once upon a time the different qualifiers had different things they considered, one taking the 8 oldest(teams with most games(, one taking the 8 luckiest (random chance), one taking the teams with the highest TR etc.

Wasn't that the GLT, not the UI?
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2022 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

PirateRob wrote:

I'm guessing here, it's just randomly assigning up to 64 to random 8 team qualifiers?

Taking the first 64 if more than that? Randomly assigning?

I feel like there are a bunch of technical details somewhere and I'm just missing them.

Every team that applies will be allowed in. In this case you just apply to the group of qualifiers that your teams race fits in. Other majors might have their qualifier groups function differently but we still allow everyone in . I would rather have byes than have some people unable to participate just because they applied later or had a smaller TV or whatever.

The draw itself will happen on discord 22:00 server time wednesday and you can see me roll for who ends up in which qualifier.
 Jump to: