50 coaches online • Server time: 10:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2022 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Bazakastine wrote:
Also in retrospect should have expected a low turnout with the division being new and done the Warpstone Open this time but here we are. Really need 2 more in dark and 9 more in light by deadline wednesday.

Milford is sitting on the patio...sipping his whiskey, watching the sun set and looking on the comments on the UI thread and just chuckles to himself.

Retrospect? What did you think would happen? 800 Coaches at the zenith of FUMBBL power that happened 10 years ago in the FUMBBL Cup?

Oh, Malmir...a FUMBBL staple in major play...everyone saying he is going to enter with a high TV team and OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

Milford refills his glass...this is to much.

Not entering...Malmir is lurking.

What happened to BB2020 Inducements are the wave of the future? Let him enter at a paltry 1790 TV...Milford decides beer is in order now and switches drinks.

As the resident historian of FUMBBL..let me remind all of you that the very first major was a 16 team format.

This is BB2020 a total reboot of the C div.. A lot of coaches are still sitting on the sideline waiting for this mystical redraft of the DIV. They cant be bothered by making new teams! Hell no! the legacy of my 27 game Ranked/Box team must continue once the redraft happens. Cant be bothered by making a new team...Got to much League action to play in, why bother playing in C with a Rookie team.

Box coaches still moaning and carrying on about "picking" and not being pure.

And then the majority of coaches who in the end...Just dont give a crap about R/B/C tournaments, playing in the DIV and are hell bent that those coaches are all a bunch of "pickers" and there is nothing you can do to convince them otherwise. Trust me guys...Trump did warn Germany about that damn pipeline and what would happen.

Very Happy Shocked Smile

So, here we are.

Who cares? I dont? Lets load the tournament up as just one big smack down.

The High Elves dont care..money is on the line, they want and need a tournament.

So the UI format for the reboot is amended due to circumstances....no big deal. Load it up and let it rip.

Some one will win...and claim the first BB2020 major on FUMBBL.

Milford than passes out on the balcony as the party continues in the penthouse suite.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2022 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Some will have holidays. I guess, some won't like "no limit" after parking their teams at 15 games. Morg & Co should get some work.

It much is better than nothing though. Some people it seems didn't even know what Majors were.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2022 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I guess, some won't like "no limit" after parking their teams at 15 games.

Milford suddenly wakes up and reads this and decides he is way to drunk to respond......I thought there was no meta gaming allowed now with redraft?

Some teams did park at game 15 with a 1900+ TV FYI.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2022 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Some people it seems didn't even know what Majors were.

There is actually a lot of truth in this statement. After being on this site for 15+ years...a lot of coaches are on the site just to play league play. They have 0 interest in "open" play on the site...Iam talking 50+% of the coaches.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2022 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
koadah wrote:

Some people it seems didn't even know what Majors were.

There is actually a lot of truth in this statement. After being on this site for 15+ years...a lot of coaches are on the site just to play league play. They have 0 interest in "open" play on the site...Iam talking 50+% of the coaches.

The last time I checked I think it was about a third. That was a long time ago.
It would be a sad thing if it had got that high.

I was thinking more about Competitive division coaches. Many of them are new and Majors haven't happened for quite a long time.

Where is the link to the fumbbl teams list?

I did find this though.
I suppose we'll not see their like again.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2022 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the FUMBBL Team list. Sortable charts and some interesting and cool stuff.

FUMBBL team lists

Sort by TV highest to lowest and cross refrence games played OR invert and filter by games played and then look at TV.

Enjoy

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2022 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Painstate.

Not that many big 15 gamers and they are a bit bloated.

Also, from my data...

1617 people played at least 10 games in League or Competitive this year.
Of those,
531 33% played 10 games in Competitive but not League
670 41% played 10 games in League but no Competitive.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2022 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Thanks Painstate.

Not that many big 15 gamers and they are a bit bloated.

I think this data is a glimpse into what will happen once the redraft is introduced.

Teams that sat at 15 games...started at 1000tv/new team.

What will happen after the redraft and reset at base of 1350ish tv for second season? Most if not all teams by season #3 will be at the base redraft level of 1350.

Now the follow up question is if we agree that at start of season #3 that 95+% of teams will be at 1350 base redraft. How many coaches will have teams with 45+ games played?

IMO even with redraft tournament play in the C div will be in the 1700-2100 TV range for majors and XFL. Minors have TV caps and so forth so they will be their own "beast" when it comes to making a team optimal for that style of tournament.

In the end it will come down to coaches who want to pimp/optimize/make sure...their team is in the best shape it can to compete...it will be done in 14 game sprints. Who can make the best team in a 14 game span.

Compare that with the old FUMBBL. Teams where not capped at any game level. They just grew and grew until you where fine where they were at and stopped until the next tournament.

Iam interested in the UI because it will put to the test this idea that BB2020 has a good inducement system and I want to put it to the test. It is very possible 30-40% of the matches will have a large TV gap in the early rounds. Lets see how it plays out.

That will give us even more data to look at to determine if BB2020 is just a rebranded version of the old systems when it comes to Open tournament play OR does it actually make a difference when it comes to constricting the TV of teams into a narrow band of 1700-2100 TV. Which in theory makes it more competitive and not give an advantage to players who can play large # of games or get lucky on skill ups.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2022 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Thanks Painstate.

Of those,

Inside that C only VS L only players is the middle ground.

How many L Coaches play in C but it is their side gig so to speak. They only dabble in it on a down night of League play and dont really care beside the idea that at least they got to play a game.

You can flip that and say a lot of C dedicated coaches do play in some Leagues...they just put their energy and focus on C rather than L.

That is where I get my 50+% of coaches are L coaches on the site. Sure L coaches play some C action from time to time but that is not why they are here.

Make sense?

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2022 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

From a competitive point of view, I guess that the ideal scenario is that you can roll in with a brand new team and go all the way with a star or two and a wizard. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2022 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
koadah wrote:
Thanks Painstate.

Of those,

Inside that C only VS L only players is the middle ground.

How many L Coaches play in C but it is their side gig so to speak. They only dabble in it on a down night of League play and dont really care beside the idea that at least they got to play a game.

You can flip that and say a lot of C dedicated coaches do play in some Leagues...they just put their energy and focus on C rather than L.

That is where I get my 50+% of coaches are L coaches on the site. Sure L coaches play some C action from time to time but that is not why they are here.

Make sense?

You did say...

PainState wrote:
They have 0 interest in "open" play on the site

Sorry for being so literal minded. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL..let me expand on my thought. They have 0 interest in Open play when it comes to Tournament play in C. They have 100% interest in playing random one off games in C play.

Next question from the back bench?

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

get your teams applied to the UI!!!!!! draw for the tournament is Wed at 20:00 BB time.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Today is the big day. The sun is shinning and you can feel the anticipation in the air as the UI draw is coming up at the end of the day. The juices are flowing now. Make sure you get your team applied and get ready to throw down on the grid iron

Looking at the current # of teams that was posted in the blog it looks like the UI will be 8 qualifiers in both light/ dark but 4 team brackets instead of the standard 8. Some brackets will have 8 slots but have a lot of BYE for the lucky teams who dont have to play 3 games in qualification.

I think that is how this is going to break down.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2022 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Light side qualifier <<<hit the link to apply your team.
Any Competitive team of the following races ( Amazon, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling, High Elf, Human, Imperial Nobility, Lizardman, Old World Alliance, Norse, and Wood Elf.)

Dark side qualifier<<< hit this link to apply your team.
Any Competitive team of the following races (Black Orcs, Chaos, Chaos Dwarf, Chaos Pact, Dark Elf, Goblin, Khemri, Khorne Necromantic, Orc, Nurgle, Skaven, Snotlings, Undead, Underworld, Vampire and Ogre)

Only teams in the C div will be allowed to enter. This is a no holds barred smack down tournament. C teams will be accepted as they are...no redraft, yet. So, old school FUMBBL Blood Bowl in a major...the way NUFFLE intended life to be.