23 coaches online • Server time: 10:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking: why not removing the minimum requirement of 4 coaches for the Box draw?
I suggest to put it at 2 or 3.
After all, if 2 coaches want to play rigged matches, they can comfortably do it via GF, since Competitive division is the same for GF and Box teams.
They don't need to wait for a Box draw, if they really want to play a rigged match.
So the minimum requirement of 4 coaches at the moment makes no sense and reduces the chances of finding a game.
It would make sense only if Box were a separate division.

Last edited by MattDakka on Aug 04, 2022 - 19:48; edited 1 time in total
King_Joffrey

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I played my first box match yesterday, and we were only two on the queue. So I guess that minimum requirement is forfeit.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure about that, there was a 2-man queue few minutes ago and the draw failed.
It could be due to other factors, such as number of games played or TV gap, though.
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 15:27
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

There is no minimum number of coaches at the moment.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome, I didn't know that! Will it change in the future? Thanks for the reply, by the way!
Kondor

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I recommend a small change. Once I activate for the box, other coaches should not be able to see what teams I have active. That way they cannot game the system and try to activate a team that might be a better matchup.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

that would prevent you from getting gamefinder matches during that time though. my understanding is that Christer actively chose to allow this, in order to allow both types of matching to occur.

if you pick Strict for your teams, then they won't display (in the future), which i think will do what you want.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, I was thinking: if now just 2 coaches are required for the Box, why not adopting a "spin" system like the Cyanide one?
I mean, activating whenever you want, without waiting for the draw. As soon as another coach does the same thing you get the game.
That would save the dead time in-between activations and could increase the number of games played.
The "spin activation" should automatically expire after 5 minutes, because if it lasted too much people could forget it, go AFK etc.
After 5 minutes, if no game has been found you have to activate and look for game again.
Waiting for 15 minutes it's very time-consuming and means just 4 draws per hour.

Last edited by MattDakka on Aug 04, 2022 - 19:43; edited 2 times in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there still a rule about not playing opponents too many times in a row?
How does that work in the combined pick/scheduler era.

I guess it is not a "black box" if you can see which teams and/or coaches are in it.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2022 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm fine with always hiding teams and coaches and, if necessary, a system preventing from playing vs the same coach too often.
 Jump to: