37 coaches online • Server time: 11:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2022 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

After this example of old-lady nastiness, and with discussions with spectators and coaches alike, some proposed changes to Vomit:

MB +3, just because
Players that get vomitted on gain Foul Appearance
Players that have Projectile Vomit or Really Stupid are immune to Foul Appearance
Come to think of it, Drunkard also makes you immune to Foul Appearance
Squares that have been vomited on gain a +1 to the rush roll, because it's more difficult for a player to trude through the puddles of sick

Call this the 'Nottingham Town Centre On A Friday Night' update, in homage to Grandma Wendy's home town, a place with a disproportionate number of punch ups on a Friday night (and the highest ratio of women to men in the country)
Java

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2022 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

TBH Nottingham town centre on a friday night is pretty safe as far as I can recall

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2022 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
TBH Nottingham town centre on a friday night is pretty safe as far as I can recall

We'll it's certainly better than it was 10 years or so ago, when it fondly referred to as "shottingham", since it had the highest rate of gun crime in the UK, or something along those lines.

The whole women to men ratio thing is a complete myth. I worked the doors in Notts city centre for while.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2023 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

No further discussion of this matter will be entertained. The sprites have been converted to greyscale with the help of a friend, and I've been coloring and applying them to the league.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2023 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
Java wrote:

We'll it's certainly better than it was 10 years or so ago, when it fondly referred to as "shottingham", since it had the highest rate of gun crime in the UK, or something along those lines.

Yeah, they actually fixed that issue, then it became the city with the highest rate of knife crime.

First bows, then guns, now knives... makes you wonder if they're training Assassins there?

What's that quote from Leon - "The rifle is the first weapon you learn how to use, because it lets you keep your distance from the client. The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn."

Sounds like they're getting close to being pros! Cool

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2023 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
Java wrote:

What was that? Two shootings a year?

In some places even the six year olds carry fire arms. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2023 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Kinks"]
Java wrote:
The whole women to men ratio thing is a complete myth. I worked the doors in Notts city centre for while.

An excellent myth for increasing student application numbers to Universities.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2023 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Oddly my wife and I last night were talking about a family trip to England specifically nottingham this summer and looking at travel sites. Nottingham as part of the trip of course because of Warhammer World.
Am I understanding that there are parts of Nottingham we should be careful about? I get it we've both lived years in big American cities which are probably worse, but it's helpful to know what's not safe before we go. Any advice you could give us would be appreciated.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2023 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Nottingham city center is really nice dont worry.

Just be careful of bandits with bows Razz