52 coaches online • Server time: 00:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2022 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Dream Teams & All Stars Cup?

Would you do it?

Around Fumbbl Birthday?

Who would be in your team?

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2022 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

DLE does it in league. I am sure other people would be interested in this.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2022 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to run a team with all the players on my legend page.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2022 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

They have to be from the same team.

Edit: Living or dead. We have fierce magiks.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2022 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Edward Grottybrook, Howard Whitefire, David Palestone, and all the other Ranked Amateurs Journeymen of note would jump at this.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2022 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Without further ado, I present my 16 players for the Amateurs All-Stars (all Human Linemen, of course), in descending order of SPP:

Edward Grottybrook (548 SPP, 220k): +MA, Block, Mighty Blow, Juggernaut*, Tackle, +AG.
The greatest Human Lineman of all time had Piling On in his career, which got changed to Juggernaut posthumously when Ranked went to BB2016. With Piling On, Fast Eddie might be a mobile blitzer, but with Juggernaut, he’s only the team’s second-best nutcracker, if that, and his mobility is what makes him really valuable on this squad.

Howard Whitefire (403, 190k): Block, Dauntless, Pro, Tackle, Mighty Blow, Juggernaut.
The greatest Human Lineman as blitzer of the BB2016 era, Whitefire is the picture of brutality in that edition, with all the damage-dealing skills except Claw. He’d be my primary blitzer, less mobile than Grottybrook, but more reliable and versatile as a hitter, with Pro and Dauntless. He’s the second-most bloodthirsty Lineman of all time, with 158 Casualties.

David Palestone (400, 200k): Block, Guard, Mighty Blow, +MA, Tackle, Pro.
Palestone “only” accumulated 149 Casualties in his career, falling short of lapping the fourth-place lineman (Timmy IV of Inglorious Followers earned 76). But no matter, he’s as solid an all-arounder as you could hope for. He only lacks Dauntless, otherwise, he’s a killing machine with MA7 and Guard to boot. I don’t like to play favorites, but this might be the Amateur who invokes the strongest affinity in my mind, him and Billy Goldtree.

David Grottyfist (232, 210k): +AG, Block, +AG, Sure Hands, Fend, Tackle.
AG5 is fun. AG5 on a 2016-rules team that is built around bash is even more fun. David Grottyfist was clutch and on point throughout his career, just an amazing ball-carrier.

Martin Deepfield (185, 180k): Block, Kick, Tackle, Pro, Guard, Fend.
Legendary kicker. Need I say more? Okay, legendary kicker with Guard.

Billy Goldtree: (172, 170k): Block, Dauntless, Guard, Mighty Blow, Tackle.
This guy led the team out of the mess of Edward Grottybrook’s decline and demise. He’s a lynchpin kind of player.

Albert Palehawk (147, 210k): Block, Tackle, +ST, Pro, +ST.
A freak who plays with heart. The strength of an ogre, the mobility of a man, the blocking skills of a dwarf, what’s not to love about this big strappin’ fella?

Billy Darkhawk (129, 200k): +AG, +ST, Block, Tackle, Sure Hands.
This was a sweet player, strong and fast as a Vampire who could carry, blitz, catch, man the cage or screen, whatever you need, he’s there.

Evander Hardspike (129, 200k): +ST, Mighty Blow, Block, Guard, Tackle.
Oh, man, this guy gave me a heart attack, he wouldn’t stop rolling doubles, had to ignore one so he could take Tackle. Because everyone on this team has Block and Tackle, makes marking players so much easier.

Robert Dirtybone (119, 190k): Block, Guard, Tackle, +AG, Mighty Blow.
Another do-it-all player. I left a clone of his behind (Edward Clumsybrook), so I could drop somebody to get bookend bash-elves.

Brian Fastspike (110, 190k): Block, +MA, Mighty Blow, +AG, Tackle.
This guy was fun. I sacked him for –AV, and in retrospect, I think it was a mistake. Good to get him back for some games.

Paul Darkstone (96, 160k): Guard, Block, Fend, Tackle, Dauntless.
Kevin Hideousspike (96, 160k): Guard, Block, Fend, Tackle, Dauntless.
Yep, twins. There’s another one in the players I didn’t take (Ian Hardbrook), so it could be triplets. These guys, well, somebody’s gotta hold the LOS, and given the types of teams I see I might face, Fend, Guard, and Dauntless seems like a good combo.

Zachary Vilesnake (94, 190k): Block, Guard, Fend, Tackle, +ST.
Who needs Dauntless when you got +ST? Vilesnake was amazingly good at being an annoying block of evil for a very long time. Gawd, what a great player.

Sylvester Goldeagle (81, 170k): Block, Fend, Guard, Mighty Blow, Tackle.
I like having lots of Mighty Blow. I could trade this player out for Ian Hardbrook, but having a ton of MB can pay off, you know?

George Hideousorc (76, 160k): +MA, Block, Frenzy, Tackle, Wrestle.
I had the option of a Mighty Blow player with Frenzy, but lacking a Frenzy Juggernaut player, I figure being able to wrestle ‘em down or use Block, at my discretion, was a good compromise. Then he died.

Total: 3 million gold exactly (plus RR and staff)

Legends and Super Stars not selected:
Kevin Hotstone (236, 200k): Block, Sure Hands, +MA, Fend, Kick-Off Return, +AG.
Leroy Dirtyspike (190, 190k): Block, Fend, Tackle, +AG, Sure Hands, Dauntless.
Yorick Whitewing (179, 180k): Block, Sure Hands, Dodge, Kick-Off Return, Fend, Tackle.
Ian Quickrock (149, 160k): Block, Mighty Blow, Tackle, Frenzy, Dauntless.
Edward Clumsybrook (116, 190k): Block, +AG, Guard, Tackle, Mighty Blow.
Robert Weakfield (108, 160k): Block, Sure Hands, Fend, Tackle, +MA.
Evander Truestone (105, 180k): +ST, Block, Tackle, Pro, Fend.
Frederick Coldstone (101, 170k): Block, Tackle, Mighty Blow, Guard, Dauntless.
Vincent Hotrock (92, 170k): Block, +AG, Sure Hands, Fend, Strip Ball.
Ian Hardbrook (85, 160k): Guard, Block, Tackle, Fend, Dauntless.
David Clumsysnake (84, 150k): Block, Kick, Tackle, Pro, Dauntless.
Aaron Fastorc (76, 180k): Block, +MA, +AG, Sure Hands, Fend.

I could totally make a team out of that. Too many carriers, but whatever. Trying to figure out who to trade for Evander Truestone.