41 coaches online • Server time: 16:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Iscaban

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2022 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I am playing in aa TT league and half of the players are remote so we play over webcam and it takes a lot of comms and time. I am trying to setup a custom game in test mode so we can play our developed teams where it's a remote match-up. Some players are local to each group and 60% of the games are TT.

I tried setting up in test mode but it didn't work and had to abort the game (which counted in stats) how do you know if you are in test mode.

My most recent game was called test:test123 but I don't think was using the test client as none of the command lines seemed to work. Keen to see if I can get this working so we can modify teams to reflect our TT league when we play.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2022 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

It worked for me a couple months ago
It was tricky to get working though

I think gamename with "test:" at the start is only required if you're playing your own teams against each other?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2022 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, I may know what your problem was. It's not "test:" but "test: " that you need. The space matters.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2022 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks - I tried the space but not sure it worked. How do i know if im in a test game? Again typing in command lines but no acknowledgement. im sure when I tried a year ago it worked and was more obvious?
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2022 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Click on the play link on your page. Select "Test: testgame" (or similar) for both.

If two clients load with both rosters you are in a test game. The server won't allow to play against your own teams if you are not in test mode. So ... if the game comes up - everything is fine.

The commands to alter teams only work while the "do you want to start a game with these teams" box is visible. If you click yes on that - you can't use the commands anymore.

I just tried that. So anything you alter has to happen before both clients agree to the game. Which makes sense - you know - as what is being changed is visible to both players and if one doesn't agree they can still back out.
Iscaban

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2022 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the help all, have just got this working with a friend.
Iscaban

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2022 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Another question, how can i mod a base roster above TV 1000 to get the required players to represent the teams?
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2022 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Iscaban wrote:
Another question, how can i mod a base roster above TV 1000 to get the required players to represent the teams?

Maybe this link can help: https://fumbbl.com/help:TestModeAdvanced
tussock

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2022 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

You definitely want to start a league for this sort of thing.

Create a New Group

Is a link on your home page, once created go there, choose more -> edit group info.

Set from Meta-Group to League, and enter 4 in the ruleset, for the standard BB20 teams and rules.

Have league teams made from the link on your group page that appears

Create a team for this league

Or you can import league teams once they apply to the teams tab on the group and you accept them in.

As a league admin, you can edit skills, spps, injuries, treasury, fans, all sorts, on imported teams, to mirror the results of any games played offline, and the teams can play games here that record results as normal. You can make as many people admin as you like, for a small group so they can edit their own results in.

--

You can track scores in either an open round-robin tournament, though that limits teams to playing each other once only, or, maybe easier to edit scores onto the teams tab.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2022 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
You definitely want to start a league for this sort of thing.

Yep. Create a league.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2022 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok when i try and create one of the base teams that is TV 1300 i get an error when submitting for approval - Ruleset is set to 1000k gold. Do i need to use a different ruleset for the league? Currently set to 4 as suggested.
Iscaban

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2022 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok have created custom ruleset so that works. No i have 4 teams in the custom league with high value rosters, can see how to edit league scores but not how to edit SPP / Skills?
Iscaban

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2022 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok edit players - got it!
 Jump to: