24 coaches online • Server time: 02:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
D43d4lus

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2022 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello guys o/

I'm home with covid and I thought: "Hey it's a good time to play some BB again!" (after a small 15 years break Razz)

Very happy to find the java community still very much active, I've been binge-playing the game, it's a blast!
I like the new ruleset and you guys are great except

Those motherkissin' guys that buy the GOD DAMN BOMBER out of their TEAM TREASURY Evil or Very Mad

It's painfull enough to have this sucker come out for 50K petty cash but this is yaking it one BIG step beyond!

So at first I was like "ok no more games with 50k+ petty cash for adversary"

But now my only option left is to concede (bleh), then manually block the coaches I have the displeasure to meet that "play" this way.

At the end of the day it's okay-ish, in any given community you'll find poor souls that take pleasure inflicting others misery, I get it. It's videogames.

Which leads me back to my question: it's cool to be able to "hide"/block a coach (and necessary!) but why can't I do it if they're not looking for a game? Is there a way I didn't notice?

Now I have to write down the dudes names and look for it in the gamefinder anytime I'm there to try to catch them just while they're also looking for a game, and have a chance to click "hide".

Painfull.

Is there a better way?

Thank you guys!

(please nerf the bomber!)

Last edited by D43d4lus on Dec 11, 2022 - 08:10; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2022 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Too much conceding will get you banned. I say this in case you have not heard from the admins already.

Buying from treasury will be changed. See latest rules update.

If you have been here before, you may want to try to recover your old account. Or did that get banned too? Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2022 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no clue what my old account was! But I was never banned.

Did my writing make me look like a salty person? I'm not Smile

But I got a big mouth, granted Very Happy

Thanks for the tip!

I was thinking, maybe the best way is to simply avoid any team that can hire the bomb dude and stop making a fuss about it. Not used to that part of the ruleset yet!

Edit: I can see no one seems to rly care about this post so I guess I did look salty, my bad.
But am I really the only one seeing an issue with this 50K, games ruining, teams ruining, fun ruining bomberdude?
Edit2: I mean the old Night Golbin bomber was amazing, the whole team was, because it was meant to be random, funny bs. I love this aspect of the game don't get me wrong.

But hiring this guy in a "regular" game and building a cage around him is something very different in my opinion!
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2022 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

You’re not the only one who is annoyed by Bomber, quite the opposite, maybe the lack of responses is that people have got tired of complaining about him now.

Here is a recent blog with comments for you:
https://fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=Chewblocka&id=24368
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2022 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

With Inducements phase update Bomber will be less common, be patient. Smile
New Inducement phase is this (courtesy of Candlejack):

"If both teams have equal ctv before buying inducements neither team gets the option to buy anything.
Otherwise the overdog can buy inducements from their treasury. Once that is done, inducements are added to the team and are visible in the client's menu.
Then the underdog gets to buy inducements for a budget equal to the initial difference in ctv and the sum spent by the overdog. No treasury is used."

By the way, I played some games vs Bomber and Wizard, imagine the fun.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2022 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

D43d4lus wrote:

Did my writing make me look like a salty person? I'm not Smile

Nah. More people are salty about Bomber than not. Mr. Green

But, talk of conceding can get you into trouble.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2022 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

D43d4lus wrote:

Pretty sure the previous poster was just trying to personally attack you with enough wiggle room to hide from it and defend themself if/when they get called for it.

The crux of it is basically that the community has accepted that this behaviour is part of the competitive metagame, and that making agreements outside of the game (i.e. agreeing to not foul, agreeing to not taking the optimal inducements, agreeing to clicking through turns when the game is decided, etc...), sets an unbalanced field of play as teams that solely play these games will build better than those that don't, thus making your team "not competitive" in spirit.

As MattDakka said, there is a rules balance on the way that may fix some of the concerns about such hiring tactics. BB2020 is the next iteration after BB2016, so there maybe another rules change/balancing in BB2024, which could be just over a year away.

Perhaps another option is to be aware of the races that can take Bomber and avoid those? I'm sure there are people that do that. I know I take it into consideration.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2022 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Foad wrote:
D43d4lus wrote:

Pretty sure the previous poster was just trying to personally attack you with enough wiggle room to hide from it and defend themself if/when they get called for it.

Which previous poster are you talking about?

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2022 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I was playing a game and the client was updated with the new Inducements phase.
D43d4lus

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2022 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad the rules are changing, I'll see about that.

Was not aware conceding was a taboo. I'd rather lose fan factor than my team (if it has a couple skills at least) that sounds like basic time management to me Very Happy

I understand conceding advantages the adversary team in a competitive league but having the bombbro in a competitive league makes no sense whatsoever in the first place.
Or am I losing my mind and we were already playing nightgoblins competitively back in my days?! (2006)

I underdtand now the debate is kind of heated actually. I can imagine why since it took me 4 days of playing to spot the issue Very Happy
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2022 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Bomber can be considered unfair from a certain gaming perspective, but, although clearly underpriced, he's part of the official rules, so we must live with him. New Inducements phase will make him less common, at least.
There are different views about inducing him or not, but for sure easy conceding if opponent hires him is against site rules.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2022 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Da Roolz wrote:

Concessions
Concessions are to be made only when there is merit for them.
In this context, merit means that the conceding team needs a reasonable in-game reason for conceding. The team taking excessive casualties is one acceptable reason to concede. Other reasons include having a very distinct lack of players left to play with, or being clearly outplayed in terms of touchdowns.
Conceding when none of the above circumstances are fulfilled will require admin approval.
If you are unsure if your particular game qualifies for a concession, please consult the FUMBBL administration for a ruling.
A match where the administration rules that a concession is acceptable, even though it does not fulfil the policy stated here will have its match report page marked to reflect this.

https://fumbbl.com/p/help?op=rules

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2022 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

So, opponent hire Bomber,bomb & foul each turn, then when the wind changes, he concede.
(just happen'd)
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2022 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

That coach has eight concessions in their last 12 games. but those were probably all legal ones.

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2022 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

firstly.. conceding because you just dont like the team or what your playin against isnt taboo its against fumbl term of service rules- thats what kodah posted.

second- better to play against what you "hate" or hate playing because of team type. it will help you become a better coach in the long run.. why avoid a game / chance of learning..(maybe having fun)..
 Jump to: