47 coaches online • Server time: 17:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best Clint Eastwood Movie?
Fist Full of Dollars
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
A Few Dollars More
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Good the Bad and the Ugly
47%
 47%  [ 23 ]
Unforgiven
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Gran Torino
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
In the Line of Fire
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Where Eagles Dare
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 48

Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

In Lrb5 through to 2016 edition - if you suffered a cas, you had a 50% chance the outcome is badly hurt.
Then MNG (16.7), Niggle (4.2), Stat decrease (12.5) and death (16.7).

In BB2020, it has changed to a D16 roll (and not a d6 then D8 ). So we now have only 37.5% chances of a badly hurt. 18.8% of MNG, 18.8% of Niggle, 12.5% of a stat decrease and 12.5% of death.

_____

While CPOMB is gone, so the kill stack is obviously nerfed, mainly effecting mid and high TV. Has this rule set actually become more bashy at low TV? Have you found players are dropping like flies and you are not sure why? Are some races impacted more harshly than others? Is this a contributing factor to the Bomb hate, and Might Blow 2+?

What are your thoughts?

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Niggles are a very minor in-game negative (mostly related to the lower chance of a player being badly hurt and cured by an apothecary) and can be cured at the end of a season. I would say most players now just live with niggles.

From your math, the chance of a death is lower and the change of a stat decrease is the same, so in that respect, there is a lower chance of a severe injury, if you ignore niggles.

The big change is that badly hurts are less likely, reducing the value and use of apothecaries. That, and you will have more players missing games, although not necesarilly needing to be fired?

Oscar Wilde
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

But significantly higher chance of mng plus.

Yes Apo use is much worse.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, very noticeable in league play, players are often mng.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

yup, i quit playing certain teamss due to the increased mng. its brutal for some teams.
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I tracked that data for NBFL last season and there were very few matches played where no SI or RIP was recorded (7, maybe?). However, overall deaths were noticeably lower which matters more, I think, in that particular league - losing a draft pick for one game won't break your season but an early dead draft pick can.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
yup, i quit playing certain teamss due to the increased mng. its brutal for some teams.

Which teams out of interest?

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Id argue Stat decreases are also less significant in 2020 because the vast majority of players don't care about a Pa bust which accounts for 1 in 6 Stat decreases.

You could argue injuries you care about have gone from over 33% to a less than 23%
CrookfangRob

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Not talking about it because we've been aware of it for a couple of years already.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember, the rules are designed for short sharp redrafted seasons. If you have a stat bust etc you can redshirt them... a function not on fumbbl. You can also, as has already been stated, cure niggles in the offseason... a function also not on fumbbl.

Redrafting and fees mean shorter careers so pixel loving is also less important, but redrafting.... is a function not on fumbbl.

I have played two table-top leagues and in the 2nd am three-quarters through through the second season... I think the rules are actually pretty good and whilst in any particularly game the ratio of BH/MNG/MNG+/DEATH are different to 2016, the consequential loss is different as well.

Furthermore, if you set up a league team right with high Dedicated Fans, player loss isnt too bad and I find it hard to spend my treasury.

So in short, yes, the mathematics is different but the meta is also very very different.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

CrookfangRob wrote:
Not talking about it because we've been aware of it for a couple of years already.

Yeah. But I've not seen any chat about it on the forums in that time. All the chat has been about star player hate, bombs, Underworld etc..
So thought I'd see what people thought after playing with these rules for a couple of years. That okay? Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:

So in short, yes, the mathematics is different but the meta is also very very different.

Yeah agreed. To be clear I'm not complaining about the change. Just wanting to hear people's thoughts.

I am looking forward to redraft coming though. Should make things interesting

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
CrookfangRob wrote:

Yeah. But I've not seen any chat about it on the forums in that time. All the chat has been about star player hate, bombs, Underworld etc..
So thought I'd see what people thought after playing with these rules for a couple of years. That okay? Rolling Eyes

You can talk about what you like, understand you'd like to catch up.

I was just responding to the title of your post.

That's the reason there's not much currently on this subject; all the maths was gone through in detail when the new ruleset came out, or as it was being played initially.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I was there, I detailed the changes in a number of forum threads when the new rules came out etc...
So no I'm not catching up, I'm just wanting to gauge opinion on this after people have been playing for a few years as its a change that never gets mentioned in the forums but it's actually pretty significant in shaping the new meta, along with some other changes.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought this was made obvious to everyone as soon as the injury table was leaked from the rulebook pre launch?
 Jump to: