26 coaches online • Server time: 08:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best Clint Eastwood Movie?
Fist Full of Dollars
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
A Few Dollars More
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Good the Bad and the Ugly
47%
 47%  [ 23 ]
Unforgiven
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Gran Torino
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
In the Line of Fire
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Where Eagles Dare
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 48

DoctorMidnight

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
Few Dollars More is way underrated and got my vote.

"The Good, ..." is legendary.
Gran Torino is excellent, and probably the best "modern" Eastwood.

But " A Few $ More" got my vote too.
The acting in this Leone is huge.
DoctorMidnight

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2023 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

And thx MattDakka for the "food for thought" on your blog.
A really interesting analysis, mate.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2023 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to see this -
With 14 NIs a player is automatically killed if he's Injured.
With 13 NIs Lasting Injury is 6.25%, killed is 93.75%

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2023 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you even get 14 niggles ? Dont you start to get stat negatives before ?

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2023 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Who has the most?

Even These Guys stop at seven.

Maybe they should ride again. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2023 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

DoctorMidnight wrote:
And thx MattDakka for the "food for thought" on your blog.
A really interesting analysis, mate.

Cheers, glad you liked it!

About the NIs, the max number is 12, as pointed out by C0ddlefish in the blog.
Once a player has got 12 NIs it's impossible to get further NIs. Realistically speaking, most players will die/be fired before getting so many NIs.
Garion26

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2023 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Id argue Stat decreases are also less significant in 2020 because the vast majority of players don't care about a Pa bust which accounts for 1 in 6 Stat decreases.

You could argue injuries you care about have gone from over 33% to a less than 23%

That's about where I am.
Niggles aren't an auto fire where as they were before BB2020 rules for most players. In CRP/BB2016 strength bust was an auto fire for almost all players, AV bust was probably an auto fire unless you had a highly developed player. Agility only mattered for ball handlers/those likely to dodge out.

So really in CRP era niggle = functionally death, strength bust = death, and similar for other stats in specific situations.

In BB 2020 niggles now stay on the team in most cases (at least for me.) I keep the niggles and let nuffle see them off to the afterlife eventually. Stat busts are the same as previously but -PA is now only likely to cause a firing on someone somewhat likely to have to pass. That means I'm actually keeping more players with >MNG results then in the past even if Badly Hurt is happening less often.

If you trying to keep a static TV, or are dependent on having a particular positional available (thrower, wardancer, etc) I think getting rid of niggles make sense. In Matt's example chaos dwarves tend to really want all 6 dwarves on the pitch to make the team run.

For less essential players like linemen or nice but not necessary positionals I'm willing to let them ride unless I'm flush with cash.

Particularly on low AV teams someone else may very well be MNG after your next game when the new niggle is back to the pitch. Might as well hold onto the MNG-niggle until you see where you are before your next game.
commisaro

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2023 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
Remember, the rules are designed for short sharp redrafted seasons. If you have a stat bust etc you can redshirt them... a function not on fumbbl.

Players who "temporarily retire" still count towards your allowed # of that position though, so unless it's a lineman this is not a good option for a team that wants to be competitive...
Astrolonim

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2023 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I have definitely noticed higher MNG rates, but I actually think less player turnover happens nowadays, with no cpomb and less prevalence of cmb. Maybe I only think that because I never fire players for niggles. (but why should I?) I've found that it makes it tough on elf teams / teams with a few key players (Lizards, UW).
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2023 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion26 wrote:
C0ddlefish wrote:
Id argue Stat decreases are also less significant in 2020 because the vast majority of players don't care about a Pa bust which accounts for 1 in 6 Stat decreases.

You could argue injuries you care about have gone from over 33% to a less than 23%

That's about where I am.
Niggles aren't an auto fire where as they were before BB2020 rules for most players. In CRP/BB2016 strength bust was an auto fire for almost all players, AV bust was probably an auto fire unless you had a highly developed player. Agility only mattered for ball handlers/those likely to dodge out.

So really in CRP era niggle = functionally death, strength bust = death, and similar for other stats in specific situations.

In BB 2020 niggles now stay on the team in most cases (at least for me.) I keep the niggles and let nuffle see them off to the afterlife eventually. Stat busts are the same as previously but -PA is now only likely to cause a firing on someone somewhat likely to have to pass. That means I'm actually keeping more players with >MNG results then in the past even if Badly Hurt is happening less often.

If you trying to keep a static TV, or are dependent on having a particular positional available (thrower, wardancer, etc) I think getting rid of niggles make sense. In Matt's example chaos dwarves tend to really want all 6 dwarves on the pitch to make the team run.

For less essential players like linemen or nice but not necessary positionals I'm willing to let them ride unless I'm flush with cash.

Particularly on low AV teams someone else may very well be MNG after your next game when the new niggle is back to the pitch. Might as well hold onto the MNG-niggle until you see where you are before your next game.

Agree with all this really. Only thing I'd add is I think MNG + is more common at low TV now. With CPOMB at high TV CRP obviously the game was a mess...

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2023 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Nelphine wrote:
yup, i quit playing certain teamss due to the increased mng. its brutal for some teams.

Which teams out of interest?

Pretty sure Lizardmen is one of them, though not sure of the others.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2023 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I must say it... I don't like Clint Eastwood movies anymore.
Even in university I made myself believe he is cool, his movies are cool, but in fact that was just an attempt to keep a childish memory relevant. He is dumb, his movies are dumb and the few movies that are not totally terrible, are plain copies of better Japanese samurai movies.
Also you forgot to add the pie option.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2023 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The one thing I like about the new apo is that taking one isnt a no-brainer anymore. For high AV teams in Competitive I dont think I would ever pick one up (maybe if I played past 15 games). Other teams really want one, like UW with a developed gutterrunner. For almost all teams you need to make a decision, which is good.

In general I strongly dislike the new apo though. Cas-luck is dominating BB a lot already, esp. at low TV, and this makes it even worse. In my very personal opinion, the apo should be a lot more reliable, and maybe even available multiple times, while damage skills get increased in effectiveness to keep the level of attrition unchanged. So the victim gets a little (more) control of where and when the hammer falls.

For league play, some teams really suffer from it. I am playing wood elves in the german league and it is not good. It hurts to have wardancers go missing, which just happened to me again in the last game before Playoffs, just like last season. Star access is really bad for WE too, esp. now that they abolished the money economy for stars, which is a shame in precisely these situations. Throwing some money in that you earned by playing well in the games before to get a star like Eldril or even the Swifts to compensate for missing positionals was a great mechanic imho. Now compensating the MNGs is much harder. (Different story for C ofc with its unique matchmaking houserules)
Other teams can live with this much better obviously. Like Chaos getting a chainsaw when a killer CW is missing or so.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2023 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
I must say it... I don't like Clint Eastwood movies anymore.
Even in university I made myself believe he is cool, his movies are cool, but in fact that was just an attempt to keep a childish memory relevant. He is dumb, his movies are dumb and the few movies that are not totally terrible, are plain copies of better Japanese samurai movies.
Also you forgot to add the pie option.

Different, not better. Both g00de.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2023 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Rawlf wrote:
The one thing I like about the new apo is that taking one isnt a no-brainer anymore. For high AV teams in Competitive I dont think I would ever pick one up (maybe if I played past 15 games). Other teams really want one, like UW with a developed gutterrunner. For almost all teams you need to make a decision, which is good.

In general I strongly dislike the new apo though. Cas-luck is dominating BB a lot already, esp. at low TV, and this makes it even worse. In my very personal opinion, the apo should be a lot more reliable, and maybe even available multiple times, while damage skills get increased in effectiveness to keep the level of attrition unchanged. So the victim gets a little (more) control of where and when the hammer falls.

For league play, some teams really suffer from it. I am playing wood elves in the german league and it is not good. It hurts to have wardancers go missing, which just happened to me again in the last game before Playoffs, just like last season. Star access is really bad for WE too, esp. now that they abolished the money economy for stars, which is a shame in precisely these situations. Throwing some money in that you earned by playing well in the games before to get a star like Eldril or even the Swifts to compensate for missing positionals was a great mechanic imho. Now compensating the MNGs is much harder. (Different story for C ofc with its unique matchmaking houserules)
Other teams can live with this much better obviously. Like Chaos getting a chainsaw when a killer CW is missing or so.

I don't agree with all of this, but I don't think the regen to apo power is out of wack again, always liked lrb4 apo best