41 coaches online • Server time: 11:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2023 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

A small QoL suggestion:

Currently, all my scheduled opponents can be easily seen at a glance on my homepage. However, what is not immediately clear is which of those opponents have played their matches and thus the game is ready to play.

So for example, I can see my next CIBBL opponent. To find out if we can play though, I have to go to the group tournaments page, find the right division (there are a lot!), then cross reference where me and my next opponent are up to.

It would be great if there was a note or symbol signifying that a game was ready to go.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2023 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I do it by clicking their name on my homepage, since we're scheduled for me, then scroll down to their team and see who its scheduled against to confirm if I'm their opponent as well.

Having something cleaner would be nice.
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2023 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeh, that works too. Depends how many teams your opponent has.

I think the main time it is a problem for me is when I check all my scheduled games and arrange those I can. I then might not bother to check again for a few days, as it's not immediately obvious when my opponent has caught up.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2023 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Click the scheduler symbol to see the list of opponents
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2023 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

that doesn't show who your opponents next opponent is though. only shows your own.

we're specifically looking for ways to tell if our next opponent, has already played their own games, so that we are their next opponent.
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2023 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

got it. I do the same as you.
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2023 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

DaCoach wrote:
Click the scheduler symbol to see the list of opponents

That is a good point though. With my limited knowledge of site design and databases, it might be a little tricky (and cause delays) to run checks on all you opponents to see what game they are on when just loading up one page. So, although I would ideally like that info all on one page, if it was displayed on the scheduling link, that would be much easier coding wise (I imagine) and would be slightly easier to quickly check.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2023 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

If there was a way to code an alert that the next scheduled game was ready to play that would help speed up leagues an awful lot I think!
But...
Not a priority!
Just food for thought Wink
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2023 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

You can click ctrl+f in the leagues division pages and search your own team/coach to find it quicker (if there are tons of divisions in the league)

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
 Jump to: