65 coaches online • Server time: 21:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2004 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season 6

Yes, with a new season comes a new clean shiny thread!

The Regionals are underway, with a big upset by Willis_P already Smile

Conference and Premier and QPool will start at the conclusion of the Picnic.

Lil' Leeg is also running with gusto so that is great as well!

Post all Season 6 stuff here!
Willis_P

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2004 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont ask marcus how well i rolled for armour and injury rolls, he'll bite your head off!

Killer Amazons - ouch!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2004 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Willis_P</b>: You should be aware that great victories need to be recorded fluff wise in Channel BB... ask JoeKano about that in IRC and post up a good match report / write up in our dedicated channel...

Not to often a bunch or rookie shielas get the better of an experienced chaos outfit Razz
andycapp

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2004 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

umm, just looking at my first match-up in Regionals.
currently, I have 77 TR over my opponent, as they are TR100.
I can burn 20 or 30k, to take me to ONLY 3 handicap rolls.

I know it's too late to whine, but I kind-of expected the teams to have had some games behind them, not virgin new.
I expected ANYTHING in the Picnic, because it was an all-in comp.
I also know it's for the numbers in the regions, which I understand completely.

Guess I'm just puttin this out there, to see what other think.
Also, if 11 virgin Dark Elves beat 5 Orcs (that's what I will have after the handicaps) it's not exactly an upset, ok? lol.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2004 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

For the new coaches, the mismatch of TR is a daunting prospect, but that is why we have the QPool - in case their team is trashed, they wont be disheartened...

For the stronger teams in the Regionals, the 3 divs are reasonably well spread... given its Swiss, I expect most of the stronger teams to be playing off each other as they continue to win... its just that the first rnd is random...

You should be looking to make a bird of the easy matchups and move into the Conference league next season! Good luck!
chunky04

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd also like to point out at this stage the wonderful Channel BB that JoeKano started for us, it really does enhance the experience here in SWL. It really is a case of you get out what you put in, and if you put a lot of effort into doing things for and about your team, they really will take on a life of their own. Before recent events, I-House was really just a division also-ran/biatch, but the effort I put into them made them seem like more to a lot of folks, and the same can be done for any team in the league, if you want to put the effort in. Most of the most reknowned teams in here are not that way because of their results, but because of the effort put into it by their coaches to make them seem special.

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Here Here chunky!

Also, <b>Season 6</b> is underway!

All games must be played by each Monday. If you do not play, and have not sent an email explaining why to swladmin@hotmail.com, then the random dice of forfeit will be utilised. No exceptions.

Both Premier and Conference leagues are up as is a MASSIVE 56 team QPool!

Good Luck To You All
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, can all coaches with teams in the "666" category... please send them to chunky's Veterans League asap or I will kick them off the page...

We need all the room on the page we can get!

(Is the 56 team QPool the biggest Open Rnd Robin ever in the history of fumbbl?)
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Important Reminder</b>

The QPool is a competitive league and there are to be no swaps / retirements unless really dire... (we wont hold back on someone's fun if they are TRULY trashed)

However, I have already had two retirements and to be honest, they were not that bad...

Please perserve with your teams... if you cop a RIP or 2, it is no reason to retire. There are plenty of makeweight teams to give you recovery games (Donuts, Green Warriors etc)... and there are plenty of TR100 teams as well.

C
FLo711

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey no random dice of forfeit, if neither coach makes an effort then 0 points for both!

(Clay u tryin to increase your post count or what boy?)

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree completely with Clay on the people ditching teams early. It's much more enjoyable to haul the team back from the brink, and there is nowhere easier to do this in Blood Bowl than qpool. Pick some nicer matchups by all means, but don't just quit.

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2004 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

i did click over 600 with my last one hey...

Sweeeeeeet!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2004 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>LEAGUE NEWS</b>

A reminder for all that games must be played each <b>Monday Night</b> or there will be forfeits made. If you have reasons for delays, email the Commish's at swladmin@hotmail.com. Extensions will be granted, but do not assume. We will be very strict on this year due to the size of the league, the length of the season, and the apparent newcomers who are joining the SWL...

Newcomers?? Yes, apparently the good people at wargamerau.com have discovered fumbbl and the SWL and are preparing to sign up... What this means is that the QPool will probably get bigger... and we will look at new / more divs in Season 7 depending on numbers.

For you newcomers, please apply a team to the SWL Main Page and when there is enough, we will set you guys up.

Also, some bad news, I have lost access to the fumbbl site from work... (damn IT dept!) and hence <b>chunky04</b> has agreed to take on admin rights and can make adjustments and stuff, particularly during the days... congrats to chunky... once Twahn sets him up, all is a goer!
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2004 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't the IT dept a pain sometimes, clay?

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2004 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Muhahahaha! and now we vill abuse ze power! etc etc and so forth. Oh! did I just say that? Waht was I thinking. Nothing to see here, move along...