28 coaches online • Server time: 10:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2023 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Today I noticed that the Black Box green time bar doesn't refresh.
I refer to the Black Box section on GF page, on top left, where there is the "Join the draw" button and the green bar with "active in .. minutes".
When the draw happens, it is not displayed. I have to check the time and manually refresh the page.
For example, now, server time 20:21, the green time bar it is stuck at "Active in 7 minutes".
It's not a serious issue, but wanted to know if it's just me or it's a common one.

Last edited by MattDakka on Jan 16, 2023 - 12:28; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2023 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

seems to be working for me

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2023 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Worked for me this morning as well!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2023 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Today it seems working for me as well. Yesterday, instead, I had to manually refresh the page from time to time in order to get the green time bar unstuck and check the draw. Mistery of the Omnissiah and Machine Spirit.
Thanks, both Garions, for the replies!
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2023 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

My guess would be some local internet issues causing crashes within the UI application. I have it on the todo list to make it bit more resilient, I’m pretty sure it’s not very good at recovering from failures at the moment. Refreshing the page will always sort that type of issue. I’d be interested to know if other people have that happen often.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2023 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

So far it happened to me only yesterday (throughout all the day, not just one or two times), if I remember well. I could browse the site normally, launch games and I had no connection lag (I checked the client ping). I thought it could have been connection lag, but it wasn't, so, after several times that the green bar got stuck, I wrote the post. I don't like to create false reports and waste designers' time. Apologies, in case. Sad
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2023 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, that is very useful to know.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2023 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers! Another thing I remember, I don't know whether it can be useful: yesterday, when I went to the "Choose teams" page and selected the teams, then clicked on "Activate teams" button, the "Choose teams" page didn't automatically go back to GF page, "please wait" lasted forever and I had to go back manually to GF page.
I don't know whether there is correlation, though. That suggested me a sort of lag happening, but the site, other browsing and games looked fine.
 Jump to: