29 coaches online • Server time: 08:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
remetagross

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2023 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

@amazingprizzini yeah, the team is designed around that idea. The plan is to level up the Gutter Runner into a sacker, and a Goblin or two into an Extra Head, Extra Arms, Big Hand ball retriever.
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2023 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm sounds fun. This could be great on a pact team using orc lineman as a punching bag Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2023 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

unfortunately pact r00gar doesn't have primary M

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2023 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's why I figured Underworld Denizens would be the ideal team for that.

I guess that could also work with a Chaos Minotaur, but the MA 5 is a bit of a downer.
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2023 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
unfortunately pact r00gar doesn't have primary M

Yeah true. That does help

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2023 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

the chaos minotaur is *unchannelled fury* unfortunately

edited for clarity

Last edited by Java on %b %14, %2023 - %12:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
remetagross

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2023 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, well. It's even worse, then.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2023 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomb guardian!!

https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?op=view&player_id=8080180
remetagross

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2023 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Impressive stats, Nelphine. So do you have some pointers about how to run such a big guy ?
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2023 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
im working on it with multiples - the combo of extra arms, big hand, surehands...yeah thats a lotta spp dosh but the looks on faces when it works...glorious.

I'm not sure if it's worth all of those skill ups just for the pick-up roll. Sure hands would satisfy me, but extra arms should cover you. Big hand seems a little overkill to me, although fun when it works. I think I would get block and break tackle before that.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2023 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

So, 150k base cost

Block 40k
Agility 40k or Two Heads + Extra Arms = 40k
Break Tackle 20k

So, 250k. not bad. it compares fairly well to a statted up dwarf runner or orc blitzer
Remaining skill slots +MV, Dodge, or more mutations?

A big downside is losing the troll. so you need to feed more of your very fragile rest of the team to the LOS
Another one is it'll change the nature of the team, UW with a troll and gutter carrier can score fast and then be strong on defense, but this will suffer

I do like the idea though, it's interesting. is a shame the Kroxigor has AGI5+
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2023 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

remetagross wrote:
Impressive stats, Nelphine. So do you have some pointers about how to run such a big guy ?

Noooope
I just played a lot of lizardman and scored with saurii as often as possible. You learn that 5+ and especially 4+ are not terrible for ball handling. Its far more about protecting the ball as -2 blocks are real, and dodging is awful.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2023 - 05:27 Reply with quote Back to top

remetagross wrote:
Hi coaches,

I've got this funny idea of seeing if a Big Guy could be a somewhat viable ball carrier. After all, their high strength makes it difficult for any sacker to get even a one die block on them.

I was thinking Rat-Ogres would be the best Big Guy for this :
-They have a reasonable MA 6
-Their negatrait can be worked around so they are guaranteed to move every turn
-They have access to Mutation skills, including the awesome (for that project) Monstrous Mouth skill.

So I've created an Underworld Denizens team (for the mutation skills on primaries and the mobile Snotlings for Animal Savagery handling).

Now, how about skills ? I was thinking about
-Block
-Monstrous Mouth

And then ? What do you think ?

PainState used to do this with an OGRE on a Human Team years ago.
Made the Ogre his featured player on Offense and Defense.
Often Blitzed with it even though it could be a wasted action.
It was fun to see it GO and to see it NOT GO.
remetagross

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2023 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

@Sp00keh I was thiking Monstrous Mouth would be more reliable than Extra Arms. Picking up the ball would go to a Big Hand Goblin. Given the Loner, a 4++ is on par with a 3+/4+/3+ (75% vs 77.8%), with the added bonus of being protected from Strip Ball and saving a reroll.

The idea is to get a ball carrier that can withstand a long drive and repeated sack attempts, for when you lose the toss and are elected to receive. I figure that is a possibility lacking in what UW can usually do, but you still retain the ability to pull off a 1 or 2 turner if needs be anyway. Plus, in defense or in the LoS, a Block Rat-Ogre is about as annoying and sturdy as a Troll anyway, I guess ? The -2DB blocks Nelphine talks about suddenly become way less interesting.

That's all theorybowl anyway. I got soundly thrashed 3-0 and 2-0 yesterday, so starting by learning how to play regular UW might be a good idea Very Happy
Alien_the_Alien

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2023 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos Chosen now have an Ogre with mutation access in primary. It's a bit slower than a RO, but with a more reliable negatrait and no frenzy. There's also no natural ball carrier competing with the ogre for the ball in the team, you have other players to put on the LoS, and anyway you aren't running very fast.
 Jump to: