50 coaches online • Server time: 19:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2023 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Bowl 3 has a weird rule that isn't present on fumbbl or BB2. In blood bowl 3 you cannot fire/drop rerolls from your team. During post game you can hire/fire players and sideline staff (apo, assistant coaches and cheerleaders), but can only buy rerolls and not drop any rerolls you currently have.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2023 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to know, but then? We use FUMBBL's Fantasy Football client here, so we don't have that rr bug. Very Happy
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2023 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

That's something BB3 actually has correct.

See this bug https://fumbbl.com/p/bugs?id/923

As said in there, probably not right to implement it here until redraft is active
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2023 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

It's really a stupid rule. I could start a team with 3 rrs and then wanting to drop 1 after I've got Leader.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2023 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It's intended to stop just that, Matt.

If you consider re-rolls an indicator of coaching staff skill, it makes sense you'd only be able to drop rerolls between seasons.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2023 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
That's something BB3 actually has correct.

See this bug https://fumbbl.com/p/bugs?id/923

As said in there, probably not right to implement it here until redraft is active

cool, thank you for the update
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2023 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Dropping 1 rr after you got Leader doesn't seem to me a massive exploit.
Bomber is priced 50k, overdog can buy Inducements, but you can't drop 1 rr.
Very Happy
Well, it's so funny that it made my day, at least!
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2023 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

It's more thematic that game based on my mind.

Rerolls represent the training the team have had together. so it makes sense you could get more as the season goes on as training gets better, team cohesion improves etc.

Selling them during the season implies some how the team has decided to actively forget their training or play worse together.

Losing Reroll between redrafts makes some too sense. The team has decided to cut back on facilities to meet the season budget, team cohesion is worse as there are a bunch of new faces etc.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2023 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

What C0ddlefish said. Also, while you can redraft re-rolls between seasons, I don't think you can buy extras; once the team is made they have to be bought from Treasury.

Also, it's fun that the meta changes in cool little ways that require you to keep up mentally but don't force you to buy new models. Once it was, "drop a reroll when you get Leader," and now it's "get Leader if you want another reroll." Remember, rerolls are better in this edition than they ever have been before, and packing an extra one is no longer "fat" because there's a good chance it'll go to good use.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2023 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Put in that way makes sense fluff-wise. Still, they could have fixed the real issues of the rules.
And about rr management: it's about the teams you face and the team you use.
For my Elves 2 rrs + Leader are too few (and rebuying Thrower + 1 rr when the Leader Thrower dies is very expensive) and 3 + Leader are often too many.
I'd like to drop 1 but it's hard to know the right number because teams based on 1d actions tend to use more rrs than 2d actions based teams.
Orcs, on the other way: if they are underdog they can buy Bomber quite likely, if they are overdog they can buy Bomber. So, they don't have to consider carefully the number of rrs to gain/deny Inducements.
The number of rrs is related to the cheapness/effectiveness of the Inducements you can buy.

Last edited by MattDakka on Apr 07, 2023 - 19:27; edited 2 times in total
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2023 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

There should also be a rule that prevents teams from intentionally firing players if it means they go under 11 players and forces them to buy the loners if they have a treasury above a certain value. I know I exploit the loner rule with orcs where you start with a goblin and then fire him after game one so you can get a loner line orc instead and still start 3 rerolls, 4 blitzers and 4 bubs
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2023 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The fix for the Goblin exploit is replacing the Goblin you fire with a Loner Goblin.
Simple.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2023 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblins are great on Orcs. A mobile assist maker, and a easily protected carrier with the ability to hop through defences if desperate
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2023 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do every post derail into whining so fast, could we get atleast one post in a week that did not please ?

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2023 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Goblins are great on Orcs. A mobile assist maker, and a easily protected carrier with the ability to hop through defences if desperate

goblins don't have av10+ and limit your options on defense
 Jump to: