40 coaches online • Server time: 14:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2023 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Major games are interesting and fun to watch, so, I think it would be nice to have the incoming matches displayed on Home page (or maybe on GF page, like a sort of chat message), to advertise them and draw more spectators.
Something like:

the next (Major name, like Ulthuan Invitational etc.) match (team and coach vs team and coach)
will start at (server time).

That way it would be harder to miss a Major match.
Sometimes I see there is a Major game in progress but I already missed some turns.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2023 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=1927&p=scheduled

There is this but it actually needs games to be arranged

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2023 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I can also check a specific coach's page, and I can see he will play a Major game, but the scheduled time is not always displayed.
Also, coaches new to the site could not be aware of that page.
The more advertisement, the better, in my opinion.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2023 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The Razbot announces starting games on discord.

But yeah, cracking idea.

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2023 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have Discord, but still, a small box/window/banner appearing on Home page would not be bad.
Not everybody had Discord and some coaches are new to the site (or simply don't check the page displaying the scheduled Major matches, while the Home page is checked more often, to manage rosters etc.).
Another idea could be rating the Major game in the post-match page and the game with highest rating could become the Major game of the week, displayed on Home page.
Something like: "Check the (name of the Major) game of the week!" or "Major game of the week".
A Major final could be displayed as well on Home page.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %10, %2023 - %19:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2023 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
The Razbot announces starting games on discord.

But yeah, cracking idea.

Also coming matches. But again they have to been agreed by both coaches.

I have no idea how other way they could be find if not on agreed games tho ?

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2023 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, from my homepage this topic shows as Advertising incoming... and I thought maybe there would be ads in the client you have to click shut in order to move or blitz XD

Anyhow, showing off tournament matches in progress on your homepage somehow is a nice idea

[edit] Just a quick thought, but maybe it could be something in the modules you move around from your settings - y'know Leagues, Friends, Blogs etc.

Would probably have to be matches currently being played though cause scheduling and coaches putting it in the scheduler seems rare.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2023 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:

Would probably have to be matches currently being played though cause scheduling and coaches putting it in the scheduler seems rare.

Yes, some Major games I'd like to watch are not scheduled. It would be nice to know the schedule or at least, having a sort of message on Home page (and Gamefinder too) when they are about to be played/in progress.
Some coaches write a blog to advertise their Major matches, but this is not common, as you said.
Checking and refreshing the "Current Games" page is a possibility but that requires to be aware that a Major game is going to be played.
If I don't know that, for instance, at 21:00 server time (or in the evening) a Major game is played I will not pay attention to the "Current Games" page.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2023 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure that even the bots on discord gather their information from the scheduler, so the bottleneck is coaches using the scheduling system so you will probably have to go to the source Very Happy
badger89

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2023 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Love the idea

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2023 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont understand this post.

If you want to see some games its not that hard to find when they are played and if you are too bored to check games going why should you be informed on your coach page ? Just having to do something for yourself is not that hard. And if you do do miss those games you always can watch replays. All of us are not 3y old.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2023 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If they are not scheduled, I can't see the time when they are played.
I'm not always close to PC to refresh the "Current Games" page (and anyway I must know that a Major game will be played to check the page).
More advertisement is better than less advertisement. Major games are important tournaments on FUMBBL so why not make them easier to be noticed?
That say, I know that you are just posting just to troll me, without intellectual honesty. If you keep on trying to troll me I will ignore all your posts, now and in future threads.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2023 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I mean, there was multiple post on how you find those games.

You just ignore them.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2023 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:

You wrote that games need to be arranged. What if they are not arranged? How to know when 2 coaches will play a Major game if they don't schedule it with the scheduler?
I guess I have to check the "Current Games" page and refresh it from time to time.
Often Major games are played in the evening, as far as I know (21:00 server time or so), but not always.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2023 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
MerryZ wrote:

You wrote that games need to be arranged. What if they are not arranged? How to know when 2 coaches will play a Major game if they don't schedule it with the scheduler?
I guess I have to check the "Current Games" page and refresh it from time to time.
Often Major games are played in the evening, as far as I know (21:00 server time or so), but not always.

If they are not arranged how do you find them ?