64 coaches online • Server time: 21:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jugulator

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2023 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

I have had a problem REDACTED, basically he has used racist and offensive terms when I have written something in Spanish, the language used has been something like "I don't speak savage languages" and "I don't communicate with people from the third world" . Unfortunately I have not been able to capture the entire conversation, my response has simply been that “in that third world country the largest international event in the history of this game has been held” (in reference to the V NAF World Cup), his response has been that we (here, in Spain) have some clowns working for GW for free, that is, they have called the event organizers clowns.

Afterwards I refused to continue playing with someone who has that type of attitude and I have let the admins know but it seems appropriate to publish it here, I suppose that due to his history he is a respected player but what cannot be tolerated or kept silent is the racism.

I think we all have to say no to racism. I know that perhaps it is not appropriate to open a thread about this but it is not possible to resolve it between us, I have politely asked him to apologize and he has continued to use bad words in the chat in a racist manner. I also don't think that in 2023 something as bad and toxic as racism should remain anonymous.

This is the first time I've opened a thread on the fumbbl forum and I hope it's the last, at least for this reason.

Greetings to all the coaches of this great site Very Happy
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2023 - 19:54
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

You do not ever point out a coach directly. If you see something you tell admins and we will work with you and the other person.
Jugulator

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2023 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
You do not ever point out a coach directly. If you see something you tell admins and we will work with you and the other person.

I would agree if it's a quarrel with something related to the game, of course.

But this is not the case, if there is a user who attacks another directly through racism, xenophobia or another type of verbal violence or discrimination, I think it is relevant for the community to know. It should not be something that remains in the private sphere due to its severity and should be alerted to other users who may suffer the same thing.

A cordial greeting.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2023 - 21:29
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the report, Jugulator. We will take care of it.

Best regards
 Jump to: