66 coaches online • Server time: 21:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Halfabrain

Post   Posted: May 30, 2023 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Errata just released

https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/#blood-bowl

This states that bombers and saws now turnover on fumbles/kick backs. Additionally, bombs also lose Mighty Blow.

Players with Sneaky Git may no longer continue their movement after fouling.

What the actual f***

I imagine this must be because either Goblins are op, or because the people designing the rules are the same morons who designed the WC/eurobowl ruleset.

Or maybe I'm overreacting or can't read...

Goblin coach in case that wasn't obvious

Last edited by Halfabrain on %b %30, %2023 - %15:%May; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 30, 2023 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

They seem to swing from OP rules to overnerfed rules, always failing to achieve a good balance.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 30, 2023 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Halfabrain wrote:
Errata just released

This states that bombers and saws now turnover on fumbles/kick backs. Additionally, bombs also lose Mighty Blow.

What the actual f***

I imagine this must be because either Goblins are op, or because the people designing the rules are the same morons who designed the WC/eurobowl ruleset.

As it is now the document says that the chainsaw causes a turnover when it breaks armor, not on the kickback.
They still have to errata the errata.

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %30, %2023 - %12:%May; edited 2 times in total
koadah

Post   Posted: May 30, 2023 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Halfabrain wrote:

What the actual f***

Probably because the Stars play for more than just goblins.

Restricting them to goblins would probably affect sales.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2023 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Halfabrain wrote:
Errata just released

What the actual f***

If you play in a league these are all welcome changes.

Sneaky git was extremely strong, especially on teams like underworld who can give it to a snotling. Being able to protect the sneaky git after a foul made it very very strong. Now the SG can foul you, but will likely get killed next turn.

The bombs and chainsaw nerfs are also good, and they make the stars cost more reasonable and the inducements less likely to turn a game completely around. Now both secret weapons come with a risk of turnover, which is good. True, goblins got the short end of the stick but overall they are good changes.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2023 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe give back old swoop and drop gobbo bomber cost to 40 with passing access ;o

As much as I like goblins I do think weapons should turnover.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2023 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Sneaky git is specifically penalized in the World Cup rules set. It’s definitely one of the best skills right now behind the usually suspects.
Halfabrain

Post   Posted: May 30, 2023 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Most people seem to thing chainsaw stars are a bit meh... I'm inclined to agree. I certainly haven't heard anyone moaning about how op they are. Bomma stars are broken, there's pages of discussion on that and I'm not going to repeat it here except to say that Dribblesnot is now a mega-star/generally unavailable and cindy is likely to follow.

Sneaky git is a strong skill but also the only strong skill easily available to stunties, and the running away bit of it is of far greater value to them than any other team. I've spoke to plenty Naf coaches who've taken sg on an elf team and they generally all regret it.

The nerfs to rostered bombers, goblin one's in particular, make an already bad player massively worse. To the point you'd need to be mad to take one.

I don't see how any of the above changes were required or even wanted by the majority of coaches.

Goblins are already the worst team by far. No says they should be a competitive roster but they now have their strongest positional severely nerfed and another is completely useless.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: May 30, 2023 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The changes were probably in the right direction, but very hard on Goblins as collateral damage
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: May 30, 2023 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Where's the Great Gobbo to comment on this?
razmus

Post   Posted: May 30, 2023 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately, in the game of rock/paper/scissors that is blood bowl... it further weakens paper to the point it is merely gossamer tissue. The wildly inaccurate pass has already put cutting blades inside the scissor handles making it an unpopular (and finger removing) option.

Is it any wonder Blood Bowl is becoming a game of rock/rock/rock with a whole lot of bashing going on?

<<checks.calendar>> Anyone got a lead/leak on the mythical BB 2024 ruleset?

Burtblahblahblah

Post   Posted: May 30, 2023 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the changes were much needed, as bombs and sneaky git had no real jeopardy. For a risk-management game, that's not great. Snotlings were too powerful (largely because of the stars), so this should help a little.

The chainsaw is brought into line with the other pieces, which makes sense from a rules point of view... but it penalises goblins for no good reason. Everyone was using bombers, and it was silly. Mainly it's goblins that use chainsaws, and I can't think that anyone has ever called them out for being OP.
JuggerGonzo

Post   Posted: May 30, 2023 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

That has nothing to do with goblins OP. But with cancer that bombing and sneaky git was for BB. If goblins need buffs, they need them directly. On the other hand... They just could rise bomba stars cost by double.

Last edited by JuggerGonzo on %b %30, %2023 - %17:%May; edited 1 time in total
Garion26

Post   Posted: May 30, 2023 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It takes risk of using a secret weapon back to CRP/BB2016 levels which is fine as noted above by Burt. Do goblins (or chainsaws) really need the nerf - no. But secret weapons having little risk is part of the reason people are angsty about Bomber and Cindy.

Sneaky Git has been called out in lots of tournament rules pack including the World Cup one for a reason.

The last two FAQ had a nerf targeted at Bomber including inducement changes for the underdog and this one for the bombardier skill.
An easier fix would be raising the price.
JuggerGonzo

Post   Posted: May 30, 2023 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, like for 100k, no one would complain.
 Jump to: