30 coaches online • Server time: 10:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Snorri

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2004 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Thread for everything thats inconsequentially important about the Brewmeister Bowl. Match fluff, rule format discussions, iambic pentameters etc etc.

Enjoy the entertainment lads!
Snorri.

Brewmeister's Bowl league page.
Snorri

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2004 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Adding images to your guys is as easy as spreading a rumour in a halfling village.

Create a 114x169 jpg (or download from the sample sets on the league page).
    Go to one of your team pages and click on any team member.
    Near where you can edit the bio, you can also "change image".
    Unless you've done it before you'll have an empty selection of images to choose from.
    Upload all three images you want to use for your players (this puts them into a general pool you can draw from).
    Wait...wait...and wait around some more until they get approved.
    Finally repeat the process at a later date for a particular player and you'll get back to a hopefully nonempty selection of pics for your lad.
andycapp

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2004 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been waiting for 2 days for my pics to be approved, but I notice there is a new set, which I think I'll take instead.
Looks like you've taken my idea and gone Rotters too, Snoori. But my team's a little different, so hopefully you'll take mine.
I will apply now, and put the pics on my players when they are approved. cheers, andycapp.
Snorri

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Two minor changes to the rules over the pre-season warmups.

1) Removed the limitations on the coaches/cheerleaders. Just like with the stockpile of money that usually occurs with 4x4, if you want it, then you have to deal with TR bloat. Particularly with cheerleaders, everyone knows they dont come free! Iif you want 11 of em, one for each of your lads, well then you will have to gracefully wear the handicaps also.

2) Substitutes must now be your <b><u>least</u></b> skilled linemen (or equivalent). This is to prevent the obvious bonus star player woodie linemen have by hypothetically being able to play both offence and defence over some of the less fortunate - e.g. shambling zombies that can never hope to amount to much more than a shade of their former selves. Besides - no star player would have an ego small enough to be labelled a subbie.

Any protesters get thrown to the great untamed one! No - seriously, if you have any good ideas or arguments, feel free to post. It should be quite feasible to experiment with the format a bit to get to something we enjoy.

Cheers,
Snorri.
Snorri

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Post some ideas on what penalties you think we might encourage for teams placing the incorrect squad on the field (i.e. offence instead of defence - even if only accidentally), or tries to sneak a guy into the wrong play.

Maybe having the wrong squad is penalty enough.

Another alternative is we could penalise them by allowing the opposing player call a 'forced reroll'. e.g.

- Player A incorrectly places the wrong squad on the pitch.
- Player B sees this and calls Player A an underhanded scoundrel (or frolicing pansy - depending on your perspective one might be a compliment)
- Player A makes a block sometime later in the game which drops a key player of Player B's.
- Player B uses this chance to force the reroll, Player A must then use one of his rerolls to reroll the block.

Any other ideas?
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 05:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps the offending player(s) must stand still for their first turn - I know that's what it was like for me being shunted out into a paddock with no idea what's going on.

(Wait a second, why are you kicking?, I wanna go back to the dugout - that guy's gonna knock me out! - I'm an offense player! I don't tackle... etc.)
Wallace

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I kinda like this idea, I can see it being problematic though, you get so used to clicking on that pow with glee that it would be easy to forget if your supposed to be waiting for the forced rr option. This could lead to some nasty situations between coaches, which I'm sure we all want to avoid. Also, having a set penalty in a way can legitimate this, i.e. switch em if you think it's worth the forced rr.

If we all try and concentrate and check what each other is doing, I think leaving it as a gentlemens agreement may be for the best. The game saves between kickoffs so you can always reload and just set the right team up. this might be a pain, but at least it is a final solution.

On the matter of the chat channel, I think it would be better to have a seperate brew channel. I see there are some coaches in the brew not in the SWL, so it would be better to get a brew channel going. Even for us SWL's, having a seperate channel would work better if we use it. I.E. if you feel like a brew game, open the SWL and the Brew channel in IRC. Use the Brew channel to look for brew games. If you just wanna play SWL qpool or somthing, don't open the brew channel then others will know your not after a brew game and we don't need to clog the SWL site with Brew chat. #zeke didn't work but it wasn't really pushed either. If we all know we must use a brew channel for lfg for brew it'll get off the ground.

Doing a great job snorri, midsummers dream are looking forward to defending their title (even if ya did change the rules on us Wink )
Snorri

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 07:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point Wal. I like Covert's idea, would quickly get us into the habit of ensuring we're careful about team placement! And its hassle free to implement.

Still not sure about the brew channel. One of the nice things about the swl channel is its a nice place for us to hang and chat. I rarely bother with more than the one chat window and if I do have more, I often accidentally ignore the others. Although I suppose I could get used to tiling them across my window. Anyone else want an exclusive #brew channel?
Snorri

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Season opener has seen a curly upset of the Brewmeister Champion's Midsummer's Dream by last season's bottom of the ladder Longbeards!

Match score 3-1.

The copious prize-winnings (unlimited Brewmeister beer) from last season has obviously left the elves quite out of shape. Many elven fans were left agape as the woodies trotted on to the field sporting pot little beer bellies. Can they dig themselves out of this hole and win their horrified fans back?
Snorri

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 1 deadline set for next Wednesday!

Season 2 will commence at that point.

Those in the Vat that wish to move up, get as many games in as you can to skill your lads up for the divisionals!

Cheers,
Snorri.
annachie

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Snorri.

Will there be 2 divisions or 3 this time around?

ie:
Vat, TR cap 150, entry tournement
Pale Ale: TR cap 175
Stout: No cap.
Wallace

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go for just the two still for now. Bigger groups allow for more games and longer seasons. The Divisonals were pretty small this season, it would be good to have a bigger 'premier' group. Just my opinion.
annachie

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Granted. I was just thinking of avoiding having a coach with two teams in the one tournement, or real advanced teams starting in the vat.

Actually I had annother idea.
Sevens. Basically, 4 offensive or defensive with 3 subs. Would probably have to allow a team to go to 5 subs on the roster. The idea is that any current Brew team could compete if their roster was up to numbers, and it wouldn't take too much to take them to a full rosterfor a sevens side. Then if they wanted to drop back to normal brew, sack 2linemen. Just an idea.
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

hey, ive just found this league, is it still to late to join? or can i come and create a team too?

"Best Bar in This Street"
Wallace

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

PhilMan, send Snorri a PM (if you havn't already done so) I'm sure he can sort you out.
 Jump to: