60 coaches online • Server time: 21:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cthol

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you ready to RRO:CK??? The RRO:CK group is in the house!!! Anything goes, including Stars (of course), wizards, and lots of punctuation!!!! It's for the kidz man (note crazy spelling), we wanna get loaded; we wanna have a good time; it's the ultimate fusion of Blood'n'Bowl with Rock'n'Roll!!!

Does YOUR TEAM have what it takes? Can YOU coach them to the top using every trick in the book? YOU decide which tactics to use, which games to concede and which Star Players to foul off the field. All you need is two dice, a pencil and an eraser... and a team that RRO:CKs!!!

Go to the RRO:CK Group page for more details

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1700
cthol

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to see early interest: so far Sepulchra, Pearl Jump and Kyuss Impact have nailed their colours to the mast.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2004 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

This Tournament looks great, funny, fast and challenging since nothing legal is forbitten and expirienced coaches are already in!

I'm in with the Semi-Gods (Semi-God is a song of Rotting Christ). You should see the picture I have for the team. I think it is funny.

Come on people! Join!
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2004 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm, this league looks to be good, i was considering joining this, team name will either be Guns'n'Rockses(orcs) or some sort of pun on led zepplin if i can think of one

"Best Bar in This Street"
flitzebogen

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2004 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

come on guys
there are lots of great bands which should participate Cool
cthol

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2004 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

totally Smile we need more players Smile
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2004 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I will bring Slipknot to the group, as soon as they get approved

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2004 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

actually, slipknot almost have enough members to form a team on their own Smile
cthol

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2004 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Two places left in the group before the tournament starts...
cthol

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, against all my expectations, the group is now OVERsubscribed... so, we're extending the invite: if you want to take part in a group that promises to have a lot of nice fluff, and some great games as well, then go to the group page and apply for membership with a rookie (U) team. with five more players we'llget another division, but if there's more than that we won't stop there Smile

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1700
cthol

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The first three divisions are up, and the bands, i mean teams, have lined out as follows:

BLOCK in RIO

Pearl Jump
Green Warriors are Rockers!!
Hell 'O Ween
Dirty Ratten Imbeciles
Da Kingz of Rock
Guns'n'Rockses

SHREDDING & BLEEDS

Britpopz Block Xtravendetta
Green Dayyyyyy
Handguns N' Roses
SlipKn0t Ties
TerrorVis-hume
Sex WapLOck PistOls

WHACKIN' : OPEN : AIR

Dark Trajectory
kYuSs iMpacT
Motördwarf
Sepulchura
Semi-Gods
Slapshot'z

So, I'd like to get the first round of games underway asap. the tournaments are Open Round Robin format, so you can play whenever you like, but the quicker we get games played, the quicker we get to the Knockout stages.

Also, in order to increase the life of the Group, what Id like to do is to have a simultaneous competition with the Knockout, for all the people who didn't get in, so that we can continue into another with everyone having played roughly the same amount of games. Any thoughs, put 'em here Smile
cthol

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2004 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

go to #rrock on irc to find opponents and get your games played.
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

SlipKn0t Ties wants games... not finding any for now tough...

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had that problem too with TerrorVis-hume, whenever I've found others in the league online, they've not been free to play, and now I'm unavailable until Sunday evening... Then I'll hopefully get a few games in!

(Brad Osberg)
cthol

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2004 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Here we are, folks, well into the divisional stages, and things are sorting themselves out in the RRO:CK group.

At the BLOCK in RIO festival, Da Kingz of Rock are top of the table with the maximum 9 points, with Pearl Jump taking second, also on maximum 6. The rest of the group is trailing badly, but bear in mind that only 40% of the games have been played and this is still all to play for.

Over at SHREDDING & BLEEDS meanwhile, Handguns N' Roses are topping the charts with an impressive 9 points from 4 games. BBX are follwing up with 6 points from 3 games, and Green Dayyyyyy and the Sex WaRpLOck PistOls are tied on 3 points. one team has yet to play in this group, but with any luck there will be a replacement, at great expense and at the last minute, fresh from their siberian tour, it's a surprise mystery guest!!! All will be revealed shortly Smile

Finally, WHACKIN' : OPEN : AIR is really taking off. Semi-Gods are 2 points clear with 7 at the top of the group, but it's a fight for the second qualifying position, between kYuSs iMpacT, Dark Trajectory and Slapshot'z at 5, 4 and 3 poits respectively.

But that's not all!!!! There are of course 2 coveted places up for grabs for the two teams (out of all the festivals) with the best fluff. Bear in mind that both of these slots could go to teams from the same festival, so you've everything to play for. This will be judged by me, according to my secret formula, which I won't divulge, but just so everyone know's what's going on:

I will be taking into account everytyhing fluff related for this. That means player names and bio's, team bio's, match reports, pictures, posts on the forum, blah blah blah. So, if you want to be in with a chance, pen a report, upload some cheesey pictures, whatever it takes. Just to give everyone a pointer, so far the best placed teams are in the W:O:A festival, but it's a close call Smile

Just to clarify about the Knockout stages as well... The idea is that we should be able to continue into a new season if people want to. Therefore, everyone who doesn't qualify for the knockout stages will be allowed to play up to 3 games against other teams in the group, before the start of the next season. No one has to play any games if they don't want to, but the opportunity is there. The teams that lose the quarter-finals will be allowed to play 2 games; the teams that lose the semis will be allowed to play one.

The structure of the next season will have to wait until we see how many teams there are, but I would envisage putting all new teams in one group, to guarantee that at least 2 new teams would progress to the knockout stages... the other alternative is what I previously suggested: having 4 divisions leading to 3 simultaneous knockout cups. There may well be a mix of both, we'll have to wait and see.

Apologies to all again for the lack of reports thus far: my real life is taking over somewhat suddenly at the moment Smile Anyhoo, lets keep things going and we'll soon get to the knockout stages.

ANY NEW PLAYERS that want to join the group, PM me to let me know before you submit a team: unless I get enough to form a group straight away, then I will wait until the new season. But please feel free to join in: this is a group that's going places:)

Cthol.
 Jump to: