59 coaches online • Server time: 19:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2004 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Affiliation of Leagues

Although still in the process of being developed the idea is to combine a group of current well run leagues into a Blood Bowl affiliation or confederation.

For league commissioners, this allows them a pool of teams to choose from if they need replacement teams for higher TR leagues.

For individual coaches, this gives them a way to keep playing their favorite teams after a league has completed.

(For example - My MLB league is for rookie teams only. After season #1 is done, those teams will be at 150-200 TR. Coaches can then look at the leagues in the Affiliation and contact the commissioners to see when their next season is beginning).

If you are a commissioner and would like to add your team to the affiliation either send me a PM or post on this thread. Include a link to your league and what regions/time zones are allowed. (ie - some leagues are local such as the German BB League)

Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2004 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea Mully!

Any ideas for a ranking system, kind of a PGA Tour of Blood Bowl (based on TR, CR etc.)

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2004 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I am against ranking those - at least within this group - leave it an info only thing.

In some cases tourneys limit access for races - an indication of that would be good. Or actually this might be the beginning of an idea worth hardcoding - I felt since some time that the tourney and group listings are way too hard to search through as they are now.

[If it would be hardcoded into fumbbl groups that cease to exist would vanish, a commish could set a publically visible date for the next season, etc. ]

-Mnemon
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2004 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The only reason I propose ranking is due to the fact it would encourage teams to travel from tournament to tournament while maintaining their legacy (or lack thereof). It would fit wonderfully into the fluff of the 3rd Ed., and is really something we do not have on fumbbl.

But yeah. Understandable.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2004 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

[If it would be hardcoded into fumbbl groups that cease to exist would vanish, a commish could set a publically visible date for the next season, etc. ]

"status" - would be a good idea - such as "in season" - or "recruiting for 12/04 start"

Again, this is a new idea thats rough but I hope to be able to harness 8-10 leagues so that teams can progress from league to league.

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2004 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

The only reason I propose ranking is due to the fact it would encourage teams to travel from tournament to tournament while maintaining their legacy (or lack thereof). It would fit wonderfully into the fluff of the 3rd Ed., and is really something we do not have on fumbbl.

But yeah. Understandable.

ahhhh I get it now

Yeah - good idea - it could take into account the # of games in the season, variety of races, variety of regions, avg coach ranking, avg starting TR in the group, etc.

The only downsides would be

1) pain in the ass for me to do (but I can get around that)
2) the fear of pissing off a commissioner whose league might have a low relative rating.

But if I can get a nice group of leagues together it is definitely worth consdiering.

(cant believe Bunny had a good idea) Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2004 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't think average coach ranking should have much influence anyways. I know a lot of hardcore tourney coaches rarely play any ranked games, and the differences between the open environment the rankings are based on and the scheduled nature of the leagues make them different kettles of fish IMO.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2004 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I wouldn't think average coach ranking should have much influence anyways. I know a lot of hardcore tourney coaches rarely play any ranked games, and the differences between the open environment the rankings are based on and the scheduled nature of the leagues make them different kettles of fish IMO.

True, Im just spitballing

Jump to: