48 coaches online • Server time: 14:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Trash talk .....blahh blahh blah

You guys know the deal

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Avast ye landlubbers!

The Pirates of The Caribbean have entered two worthy crews into the competition for the title of AmeriKing. The Heroes of the Interceptor and the Cursed of the Black Pearl have all hands on deck ready ta show ye bilge rats a thing or three about the fine sport o’ Bloodbowl!

As the fickle sea would have it, just now we be dead in the water whilst waiting our turn ta challenge one of ye scallywags! But don’t fret for ye shall see soon enough who whilst be the first ta be sent down ta Davy Jones locker! Just ye wait and see ye miserable excuses for Blood Bowl players! Just ye wait and see.

Aaarrrr!
Unidentified pyrate.
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Come Get Some!

We've got two varieties of ass-whoopin' available for you:
  • Extra Creamy: Wherein our mummies will reduce your team to a fine, even paste smeared all over the pitch.
  • Stirred Not Shaken: Wherein our rats will run past you and score so fast that your heads will spin.

Of course, like the first two gutless wonders, we expect that no one will have the sack to challenge us and we'll end up mopping up whoever is left. See you on the pitch Caileanhawk!

Last edited by LurkingGrue on %b %11, %2004 - %20:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
shaqpooh

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully,
We of the Dancing mutations accept your challenge. In fact we were expecting it, knowing how you enjoy getting whupped by me 5 times out of 6.... My web comic chicks will show you the true meaning of bitch-slap when the trounce the rainbow killaz... rainbow? Doesn't that stand for something? Hmmm... anyway, zons vs, sissies.. I mean norse. My Chaos "Twisted Kaiju Theater"will pummel your lizards. I found it fitting that kaiju battle giant lizards. Too bad for you. Smile
GameAvatar

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Why shiver me timbers!

Not one of ye yellow-bellied louts has the courage ta challenge The Pirates of the Caribbean? Don’t ye worry for ye shall all get your chance ta walk the plank in due time!

We nominate Haughty and Green as the first ta be keel hauled off the port side. So choose yer weapons and prepare ta die!

And a final note ta Lurkin’ Grue. It is not cowardice that make the rest of us avoid ye. It’s that nasty vermin we’ve been seeing infesting yer mummies and yer rats. Even the best pyrate knows to avoid the yellow jack when she’s flying above a plump target ripe fer pickin’ such as yerself. Don’t ye be worrin’ none neither Caileanhawk. We be savin a right nice place fer a pretty cabin boy such as yerself. The Captain he does fancy pretty lads such as ye …

We’ll be seeing ye pansies on the pitch!
Aaaarrrr!
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

<pirate>
Just the choice we expected from a bunch of lubberly bilge rats!

Well ye don't have to worry about Davey Jones' locker, we'll give you a nice, dry sandy death when they finally drag yer sorry, puling carcasses out onto the pitch to face us.

Arrrrr!
</pirate>

Hey commish, now that all of the pussies players we rolled for have chosen or been chosen who picks the games between Caileanhawk and me?

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I think whoever was higher on the list was the person who would have "challenged" and the person lower on the list chooses which race vs which. Luck of the draw I guess. Smile
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2004 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

That or Mully'll flip a coin I guess, but since neither I nor Caileanhawk knows how the teams were ordered (I know one of us was 1 and the other 8 cause those were the numbers I didn't roll), we still need to know. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2004 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The Twin Powers be ready ta tangle with any o' you. We Dwarves shall be sure we have the hobnails shined and ready ta put the boots ta them scrawny carcasses and paper wrappings. Me Dark Elf brothers will be takin ta chompin some rat stew after they be stompin them little critters beneath their newly shined up spiked boots we made em.

We don't wanna be puttin too much of a poundin on yes all too early or yes all may wanna quit before we get all o' them game thingies in. We dwarves do so enjoy poundin on yous other folks.

Cya out there...or maybe in yer dugout after da game.

Grue be the first of many we puttin a poundin on in da comin weeks. My advise to ya lesser races...RUN.

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2004 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

The Dungeon Report

Power Drinkers 1 - 0 Khamaseen
Dwarf vs Khemri. If you ever have trouble sleeping nights (or anytime else for that matter....), pull up this replay and watch it. We hit like a bunch of girls, managing only one SI on a Troll Slayer and lots of pushbacks while the dorfs were brutally effective until about mid second half with the my advantage blocks. On the other hand, Zemti the dodging skeleton, probably fearing what the Troll Slayer (and then the crowd) was likely to do to him if he stayed where he was, was a wonderous sight to behold.

In the end that famous Dwarven speed was just too much for us and they ran away with the ball for the only score of the game. We were robbed of the chance to tie things up (unlikely) or at least cause some pain (seemingly equally unlikely) by a riot that ate up the last four turns of the half leaving us with only one turn for pounding.

Warpfire Lightning 3 - 2 Power of the Dark
Now this was more like it, the rats are going to have to teach our mummies how to hit because at the end of this game there were only seven elves still standing on the field and three of them were in the casulty boxes. For those of you who like to see movement in a blood bowl game, this also might be more your speed. Lots of running, hitting, dodging and passing. Also lots of 1's rolled by my opponent which is always a good thing. There was also a thoroughly battered ref. Both teams got him at the start of the second half and then, just to make sure he'd gotten the message, our fans dragged him back in the stands for a little "reinforcer" at the start of the next drive. And yet not a foul was committed...

Late in the first half I decided that things weren't competitive enough and opted to chuck the ball downfield. Now this wasn't necessarily a bad idea, but I threw it too close to the sideline, the ball (naturally) went out of bounds, went out of bounds again over the endzone and ended up one square closer to my goal line than it had been when I originally picked it up. A couple of flattened rats later and the Dark Elves had tied up the game.

After we'd each scored again a bobbled pass and then a failed GFI allowed my Gutter Runner (who had initially dropped the ball) to scoop up the ball and dash for the endzone and the win.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2004 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Rainbow Killaz 1 vs Webcomic Chicks 3</b>

This is typical of how this game went.

Opening kick off Norse kicking - BLITZ!!! Set up under the ball but cant clear many zons away. Miss the catch, ball bounces, ball bounces, ball bounces, ball over the midline Touchback. The zons took the ball down the one sideline while the rest of the team stood on the other sideline saying "what the f-ck".

The Killaz maimed 4 Chicks with 2 RIPs. A 3rd RIP was courtesy of a bad dodge. The fans were thoroughly unimpressed with minimum $$$ and fan factor. Maybe if we change the name to Rainbow Scorers they wont suck so bad.

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2004 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Weight Room Junkies 2 vs Twisted Kaiju Theater 2</b>

A shaqqy affair with both teams pretty much sucking. With the lizzies leading 1-0 at halftime the difference in the game was the KO table which awarded 3 much needed rerolls to Chaos in the 2nd half.

Back to back double skulls (one of defense and one on offence) in turns 7 and 8 sealed the our fate and the draw.

C'mon Nuffle you're not supposed to farck the commissioner.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2004 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

There was NO WINNER between the UG's elf/chaos dwarf teams and my Wood Elf/Undead team. The first game, the elf matchup, was famous for seeing elves dropping balls, failing to pick up, dropping passes, missing GFI and such. Oh yeah, and the Treeman Big hope pushing people around! At the end of that game, He who prays, the wardancer saw that his team was lacking in agility, so he decided to work on his to help the team

In the other game, Necro/CD, it was a bloody mess. Lots of people hurt, 1 raised dead (a chaos dwarf!), 1 dead flesh golem, 1 SI zombie, no regeneration the whole game, no thick skull the whole game. Oh yeah, and a zombie that did 2 cas, among them a chaos dwarf! And to add to all that, when the necro were kicking, they were scoring, and same for the CD. You can ask Mully, our faithfull WATCHER...it was a bloody mess where it was BLOOD and somewhere in there, a Ball!!

Diamond5119
GameAvatar

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2004 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Heroes Of the Interceptor 3 VS Lords Of The Lily Fields 0

Aaaarrrr!

Twas a right fine day fer a bit of Bloodbowl when the Heroes of the Interceptor sailed ta meet the Lords of the Lily Fields. It all started just as ye would expect. Lots o’ hitting and a fair shake of trips as well.

Fortunately, we had got ourselves an extra re-roll to start the half – and real quick like they be all used up on both sides. For the rest of the half the great scallywag Lord Nuffle himself seemed to be hitting players down on both sides. Good thing for us he seemed ta be real pissed at them Lilly Lords. He wouldn’t let them make more than one play without throwing em about as if they were on the high seas herself. Kursar was the first pyrate ta scoop up a loose ball and put the Interceptor up 1-0.

The Lily Lords received the ball and tried to get some offense rolling. After a failed pass and some poor blockin’ Elizabeth Swan was able to sweep in and run the ball ta the endzone. Aye, but she does be a treat for the eyes as she puts the Interceptor up 2-0.

Second half starts with more of the same broken plays. The only blood spilt on the deck is when the elven lineman Marquis De Sade trips and hurts himself pretty badly while going after the ball. Trying not ta guffaw too loudly and miss his opportunity, Matelot quickly grabs the bouncing ball and runs in for the touchdown. The Interceptor goes up 3-0.

The match continues as neither team manages ta accomplish much of anything as Nuffle continues ta thwart all semblance of organized play. The Heroes of the Interceptor were disappointed that no one was sent ta Davy Jones locker but were glad ta thrash the Lilly Lords in the score at least.

Now we just be waiting for the Black Pearl to arrive and try ta do the same ta the Wasteland Warthogs!
GameAvatar

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2004 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Cursed Of the Black Pearl 3 VS Wasteland Warthogs 0

As buccaneers we’ve learned ta take what the sea offers and go with it. In this case old Nuffle hornswaggled all hope of a fair match from the Warthogs. Their luck was so miserable we almost felt sorry fer sending them the Black Spot in the first place. Well not really, we are undead pyrates after all!

Nuffle started it all off by allowing Barbossa ta kill poor Fluckur at the end of the first turn. Just ta make sure the Warthogs got the message Fluckur rose from the dead ta continue playing as a shipmate on the Black Pearl. Still in the first half, the Black Pearls fans boarded the pitch and managed ta stun 5 players and niggle a blitzer. Second half starts and a thrown rock niggles another blitzer. From there it was a lost cause.

The Captain would like ta buy a round of grog fer Gertwise - he was a good sport about it and fought till the bitter end. We’ll be eagerly waiting fer the rematch!
 Jump to: