59 coaches online • Server time: 19:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Docnessuno

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd love too to see prizes on fumbbl

just some ideas:

a team involved in a running tournament with a prize cannot leave (only retire), this is to avoid coaches to evry tournament with a prize

a team CAN leave a tournament after its end (or the end of that season)

in a tournament with a prize a single coach may have only one team (or better, only tournaments where there aren't two or more teams led by the same coach can assign a prize)

the prize is chosen by the tournament organizator from al list compiled by Admins

Each prize have certain requirements, bigger is the prize bigger are its requirements (just a stupid example: a prize of 50k would have as a req. at least an 8 players tournament, one of 200k, 5 FF and 3 RR would reuire at least a 64 players tournaments)

just some ideas Very Happy
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

As I wander a bit in tournament, only a few keep their teams alive, the other one retires them. So locking them is not a terrible idea don't you think.

In general, I totally agree with mithrilpoint and I did not understand brownrob's post about openness of Fumbbl. A team in Tournament is forbidden to play outside his tournament so what's the difference with locking that team forever?
Wallace

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

League commish's with some creativity already have plenty of options to reward teams for winning tournaments. For instance, in the SWL there is a tournament named after the team that first won it and other tournament victories have allowed the winning coaches to enter extra non-LRB teams (ogres, vampires....) into the otherwise LRB league. Sure it's not extra cash or SPP, but the chance to play these unique league 'fluff' teams is quite an honour.

Sure it wouldn't work in most tournaments on FUMBBL, but lets face it, more the 90% of tournaments never get past the first few weeks anyway, so the issue of prizes dosn't come up that often anyway. For the established succesfull leagues, this approach works pretty well.
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

you are lucky to be able to use fumbbl to run your own and league tournaments as it is

prizes are reserved for the main fumbbl cups

nothing stopping you guys running your leagues off fumbbl not like there isn't at least 10 different league management and roster tools available on the net
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2004 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

lets have more official tourneys then grum! Wink spike and chaos cup and.. and... and! Smile
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2004 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
you are lucky to be able to use fumbbl to run your own and league tournaments as it is

I´m very lucky to be able to play on fumbbl at all..for free...but that has got nothing to do with the discussion. FUMBBL exists, lets make it even better.

Quote:
prizes are reserved for the main fumbbl cups

I find it very good that the main fumbbl cups have prizes, but why are prizes reserved for the main cups? Why not allow them i U as well?

Quote:
nothing stopping you guys running your leagues off fumbbl not like there isn't at least 10 different league management and roster tools available on the net

I guess i could do that. But i like FUMBBL and would like to do it here.

I guess thats the official statement then. Not gonna happen on FUMBBL. Thats fair enough, i would just like to know why....

M
AbsoluteZero

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2004 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe fumbbl should follow the OLBBL tournament system, where the best of ranked teams play after a season where teams are given points (identical to the factions system) for tourney prizes. (of course lesser magnitude than the crazy items on offer at OLBBL)

However, its only right that the best teams (usually in ranked) play for prizes for keeps
Flix

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2004 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

i would say perhaps its posible to count every game which is made in the league.
And the admin of the league get for every game made in the leauge 10k gp and is able to give that to the teams in the pool list.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2004 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

yer but how do you monitor that flix?
Flix

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2004 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

christer has to code it
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2004 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

cause this is fumbbl and its the fumbbl league and cups, its not the million and one different user run leagues, if you want your own league then go make your own league

if you want prizes for those you can do whatever you like (that sounded a bit blunt)

It just keeps something aside to make the official stuff that bit better, remember this is the fumbbl league, if i had my way the unranked division would go, don't see the need to provide everything for free to those too lazy to use some league software (which is freely available on the net) or make their own

lucky for you guys I don't have the all controlling power of decision over fumbbl, so you carry on in a semi tolerated situation, things aren't going to be implemented which detract from the main reason this place exists
 Jump to: