13 coaches online • Server time: 06:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gigatron

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2003 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to play if it's still possible!

Team: NATO Force
Race: Skaven
Time zone: +1 GMT
When to play: afternoons (15:00-20:00)
Squaq

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2003 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Im in!

Team: Retards United
Race: Orcs
Time zone: +1 GMT

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2003 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

i´ll prolly be there as well. it all depends on the shape of my teams at the time. Wink

i´d love to play the dark elves (heavy competition there though Sad ), but i´ll play my chaos dwarves just as happily. then you will all see that i don´t foul much. Smile
Mezir

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2003 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if it's been pointed out that if you play with over-time, you won't be able to report the match. This referring to the very first post of this thread. Smile

My time-zone is CET (GMT+1). Help Us would be located somewhere in the a greenskin city, if available.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2003 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

As the Tourney is supposed to be starting in a few days is there gonna be a website or something for the various groups? Is it gonna be a league style thing with the top teams going through, like the champions league system in football? This would provide a number of games for all teams in the tourney, adding a bit more fun so if you lose to a massive TR team then you may still qualify for the next round, just a thought, maybe your doing that anyway, dont really know the format!

And if a high TR team is gonna be playing a lower TR team can they try and be fair about it? I know it sounds a bit sad begging not to be fouled but I feel theres a big enough gap between some teams as it is, without having to remove every single player from the pitch. Of course thats gonna be up to the individual coaches involved, but please use your judgement, if your gonna win then theres no need to destroy the other team doing it, thats not gonna be fun for anyone.

Well thats just about it. Good luck to everyone and hopefully I'll make it past the first round!
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2003 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir, overtime works and is reportable. The only problem with overtime currently is that it plays out all 8 turns, so if you are in overtime then it will be a sudden death overtime. That means the first person to score wins. After the winning touchdown is scored both coaches MUST press the turn marker until OT is over. If any foul play happens imedietly find me, if I'm not around an Admin. should be able to help. Don't finish the game and make sure to show someone (hopefully me).
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2003 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
I wonder if it's been pointed out that if you play with over-time, you won't be able to report the match.

Uh... well... uh.... Yeah.
Same thing applies to Semifinal and Final results as well.

Ok, here's my suggestion, which is about as likely to fly as a ostrich:

All games are played with OT turned off. In case of a tie, the two teams must have their rosters copied locally and 'slightly altered.' All players who were BH, Niggled, ejected from fouling and otherwise gone for the match get a 'm' in the injury column. Rerolls are altered to reflect the appropriate number remaining at the end of the match. Any other modifications to the roster are also applied locally.

The players then play to sudden death. Once a TD has been scored, the game is over. Just hit return as described above. This result is NOT reported. No one gets the SPPs for it. Injuries don't count, no new cash roll, etc.. It simply determines who wins and who loses for the tournament. The results file then gets sent to Quil.

I personally think this will take way too long, as you now need to make sure you have 1.5 hours free if you want to make sure to get the whole game in.

Alternately, we could have advancement decided by die rolls in the post-game chat (which will show up in the messages.log file, in case of any confusion). High score on a d6 wins, you can use any remaining Team RRs, and in case of a tie roll at any point, both players reroll. Again, the game will still be logged in FUMBBL as a tie, but the 'win' is for tournament advancement only.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2003 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Overtime does work!!!
Christer

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2003 - 00:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The easiest way would be to run with overtime option on and use the extra 8 turns just as they are given. Ie, the magic "the client is always right" rule. If, by the end of overtime, the game is still tied, contact Quil for a "penalty shootout" dieroll. If there are any rerolls left on any side, make a screenshot of the client showing this as any free rerolls give +1 to this penalty dieroll.

That's how I'd resolve it anyway because I'm too lazy to have to intervene in the middle of a game.. Also, I know I'd be annoyed if I had to sit around waiting for a Quilwood to appear in order to resolve overtime issues. Always best to let the individual coaches resolve as much as possible on their own if you ask me.

-- Christer
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2003 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

In Tribute to the courage that BadMrMojo displayed, I will also join with a DE team, from Naggaroth. If only to allow him some wins in the tourney.

Asperon Thorn - Entering "Completely Worthless"

Pacific Standard time (GMT -8 I believe)
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2003 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Now if that ain't sportsmanship, I don't know what is. Smile

I'll look forward to our Battle of the Duelling Double Ones.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2003 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Its like a table top league right? We submit our best 3 results or less, to get into the semifinals?

So if we beat EVO once, do we even have to submit two other results?

Asperon Thorn
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2003 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

No you do not play more than 3 games. You play 3 and only 3. and if you beat Evo you get a big hug from my fat sweaty uncle Ben.
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2003 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

No you do not play more than 3 games. You play 3 and only 3. and if you beat Evo you get a big hug from my fat sweaty uncle Ben.
vorner

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2003 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

So how are these first 3 matches decided? You said earlier that they will be decided depending on locality of the race.

So can u safely assume that the 3 qualifying matches will all be against the same race?

cheers
 Jump to: