53 coaches online • Server time: 13:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think of this?
I like the concept, but maybe not every detail. It could work.
77%
 77%  [ 46 ]
I like the concept. But it will never work.
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
It is just a bad idea.
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 59

Korso

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:

Major Tournaments: Four Major tournaments are to be held annually.

Tournament 1: The Grotty Little Tournament (GLT)
Date: February 1st
Organizers: GLN staff or their appointed representatives.
Prizes:
Winner receives 200,000gp and 1d6 fan factor (permanent)
Runner up: 100,000 gp
Teams Allowed: LRB
Wizards: Yes
Stars: Yes

Yes, yes, yes.

BunnyPuncher wrote:

Tournament 2: The Cusi Memorial Challenge
Date: May 1st
Organizers: #Funbbl crew or their appointed representatives
Prizes:
Winner receives 250,000 gp and 1 permanent re roll
Runner Up receives 150,000 gp
Teams Allowed: All
Wizards: No
Stars: No

Yes, yes, yes.

BunnyPuncher wrote:

Tournament 3: The Fumbbl Open
Date: August 1st
Organizers: Fumbbl admin or their appointed representatives
Prizes:
Winner receives 350,000 gps and 5spps per player
Runner up receives 150,000 gp and 5 spps per player

Yes, yes, yes!

BunnyPuncher wrote:

Tournament 4: The Necro Bowl
Date: Nov 1st
Organziers: TBD
Prizes:
Winner receives 150,000 gp & can have one player resurrected or have an injury removed from one player.
Runner up receives 100,000 gp & can have one injury removed from one player.

NO NO NO NO NO! No player resurrection please! This is not Dungeons&Dragons ffs, forget about that idea! No resurrecting or injury removing, please.

In every other way, I like your idea alot,Bunny!
johan

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Bruno. No Stat Boosts, Injury-removals or Resurrections please (or other rule-breaking stuff). Money, FF and RR meshes well into the game and is not overpowering, but do we really need to give a team that's already proven itself the best additional advantages? 5 SPP per player also looks rather gross to me.

/johan

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
Korso

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

And I also agree with Bruno.
johan

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinkywinky wrote:

+ In tournaments with more then four rounds there won't be much left of elf teams in the finals after meeting a couple of dwarf and chaos teams fully equipped with mighty blow, tackle and a couple of DP:s.

You say this as though it were a bad thing?

(Seriously though, I'd like to see rather high TR caps, at least for a couple of tourneys -- surely it will be more interesting to see the high-ranking teams play it out for the trophies? It's not hard to play a team up to 250 TR in a moderate amount of time. And I don't see a need to adapt the tournament structure to accommodate the 'poor' elves.)

/johan
Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure every new tourney idea sounds good until it starts. Then coach A quits and Coaches B and C cant find the time to play. Hell even the so called grand FUMBBL Cup had forfeits all the way up to the semi-final game.

Coaches who a lamos will quit tourneys whether there are incentives or not and dedicated coaches will stay in tourneys wihout incentives needed. I think its overkill.

Anchorhead had a similar idea with the Orca Cola Classic - multiple tourneys in the goup for different TRs and regions. Nice idea but still had dropouts.

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Whats so wrong with ressurecting players?

Seen lots of people say 'no' without giving a reason.

Assuming all these tournaments were fairly run I don't see a problem with someone having their favourite player back.

I miss Forode..

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

some ideas to funny prices.

1. special weapons.
Team get one random(or picked, by eather player or tourny arranger) special weapon, to a lineman of your pick. Ie a human team might get a lineman with a poision dagger. or a elf with a chainsaw. etc etc. thats a really funny idea i think.
2. Potions/training drills etc (can be random or can be picked no idea) a d3/d6 players trained in the gym (gets +1 st) throwing balls forver +ag running laps +ma. etc etc, can also be done with skills IE chaos cup gives 1d3/d6 1 or whatever random mutation (or picked one)
3 Other cheats: Steriods etc, player get +st and bonehead for the rest of hes career. or player gets frenzy and WA for the rest of hes career. maby he gets really stupid and standfirm?

This kinds of stuff Atleast the skills/secret weps (not so sure about the stats) atleast i think is a really funny idea. you can get really funny teams. what about that Frenzy/WA/chainsaw woodelf lineman? or the really strong mofo that you can place on the line. i mean theres endless possibiletys with this that you can make.. To an add to this, you could also give the players with the skills/items etc the # of spp that it takes to get the skills, ie a chainsaw lineman starts with 6 spp..

Well id loooooove this to happen. i can really imagine that leaping lineman elf with a chainsaw (falling and chopping himself up) Very Happy
Mezir

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd just like to see some more official FUMBBL tourneys of any kind... It's way too long between official tourneys and they take WAY too long to resolve...

I like Bunny's incentive.

Oh, which reminds me that we should get the GLN up and running again... *Mezir prods Candlejack*

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to wait a dozen or so hours so I get feedback from Europe when it wakes up, then I'll sort through all this mess, make some changes, and we'll do this all over again Smile

So if you want your feedback included in the first pass get it in by tomorrow afternoon Canada time.

Cheers.

On a completely unrelated note. This idea is currently more popular than John Kerry in the fumbbl poll Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

looks like the prizes are based off of the "real" majors. good idea...no tr cap on the majors..200tr cap for minors.

if u can't build your team up in a quarter or year for whichever major....don't enter.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post 16 Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Razta, I think you'll enjoy the new Stunty Majors that should be starting soon. They will be suitably mayhemful.

Others might want to check out the Ulthuan Invitational for what's in store for [R]. Four major tournaments per year have been in the planning stages for a couple of months. I am waiting on Christer to do the necessary coding before the first one launches.

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Evo I think your Fumbbl Smack idea was awesome. Is this ever likely to take off? If not maybe consider handing it over to someone else.
I'd be more than happy to take over the reigns Wink
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

the reason your all complaining about ressurections is because your never going to win Smile so u aint gonna get it, im not implying im going to win befire u hassle me

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
Ulthuan Invitational

Evo:
Cool. One question: I'm assuming from the info on the group page that the "Invitational" component of the tournament title is not indicative of the type of tournament that it is. From what I read it appears to be open to anyone with an R team. Can you confirm that? As quite frankly an "Invitational" major tourny would suck serious buttocks. I can't seem to find any additional info about it in the forums.

Question to the rest of you. Does the fact that there appears to be a chance that there will be 4 scheduled [R] tournaments sink this proposal? At the time I put this together I was not aware of these plans, nor would I guess were any of you aware.

So. Do we need scheduled tournaments in [U] after this revelation? I think so, but I would drop 4-6 of the Minor tournies, leaving a total of 6-8 U tournies a year.

I think the sight could easily support a official tournament per month. Considering at least 50% of teams won't survive the first week.

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ulthuan Invitational wrote:
The mists of Ulthuan operate in mysterious ways, thus there will be 8 qualifiers for strictly "good" teams (Amazon, Dark Elf, Elf, Halfling, High Elf, Human, Lizardman, Norse, Wood Elf) and 8 qualifiers for "evil" teams (Chaos, Chaos Dwarf, Dwarf, Goblin, Khemri, Necromantic, Rotters, Skaven, Undead).

Whoa, Norse "good" and Dwarfs "evil"? What's up with that? Not to mention Dark Elfs...

You forgot Orcs too. Smile